Man in the Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story movie..

i HATE that movie!-I could never sit through the while thing, And the preview channel was playing it all the time last year. UGH!!!!- people were watching it and thinking it was real!
I dont know how/if the maker of that movie and everyone involved can call themselves a fan. They should let me interview the writer, director, and flex!!!! UGH!!

I watched part of it on YT, but I could never sit it through. It's really SO bad from every aspect! Michael is potrayed like a retard! The acting is horrible. The dialogues are horrible. The makeup is horrible. Everything is horrible in it! It's not B-rate or C-rate, it's Z-rate! One of the worst movies ever!

I like "Jacksons: An American Dream" though.

I, like most other fans I can see :), hate the movie.

It's not worth to watch. It's not very positive the wat they potrait him.

A nice made movie about his life would be great. But it should be made by the Estate (with their approval I mean) that way it could be very precise with insider info from family and close friends. It should show him as the great buisness man he was, smart and funny. And maybe include real live footage.
If a movie was made correct and good a movie about MJ could be very intresting.

The budget for this 'movie' must be about $200 most. Poor actors, poor make up, poor sets, no MJ licensing for music. Its just one huge flop. And it will be gathering dust in my house, might actually get rid of it.

I never understood why it was such a bad portrayal as Flex Alexander is an absolutly massive fan of Michael's.

This movie was so horibble. I laughed through the whole thing.

^^Flex is a major fan of Michael's but make up, storyline etc was very bad

Last edited:
I never understood why it was such a bad portrayal as Flex Alexander is an absolutly massive fan of Michael's.

He's a good actor aswell IMO, I'm guessing the portrayal was more of how the Director wanted it to be.

I just watched this film and I had to come here to see if there's a thread about it... And I knew there would be!

My husband tried to make me happy as he saw this movie in a supermarket and bought it for me. I had never heard about it and after watching it I can see why... That movie is a disaster!! :bugeyed

It's probably the worst movie I've also seen and made with a very low budget. I think Flex doesn't indeed look like Michael at all, but at least his acting is not that bad - it's just the directing and plot that is (not to mention the make up, which is just unbelievable...) I can understand why Michael got angry. I just hope this movie would disappear forever and nobody ever watched it again. It's ridiculous. :puke:

This movie has to be one of the worst and most pathetic things I've ever seen in my life!! I HATE THIS MOVIE... It's awful, it's false and completely degrating to Michael's legacy!! They've turned his life story into a joke that brings more laughs and shame than anything else! If anyone who's involved in this movie intitles themselves as a fan... they should be shot!

Even tough yes they did press on Michael's innocence in regards to the charges, they still showed Michael in a false and horrible light! They turned him into a Jesus freak, surgery obssessed, prozzac popping, mentally challenged child whose favorite pass time appearantly is to dip his face into a bowl of flour!! (Serisously what was up with that make up??) Even the other characters were an embrassement in this movie... what was with Liz Taylor having to make a broadway entrance everytime she would meet with Michael?? Serisouly to anyone who's thinking of seeing this, DONT!!!! If you love Michael; this movie will be a torture to watch and honestly a huge waste of your time!! ...I think with using my house, a hand held camera and a few of my friends to act I would have made a better job of making a movie about Michael's life than this piece of crap! Truly wish this movie would be taken out of the market and television stations!

Michael actually released a statement condemning the movie when it was released (2004).

I saw it some years ago, and to be honest, I was crying with laughter. It was so ridiculous. I don't know what part was worse, Flex's makeup job for Michael (looks like he was dipped into a bag of flour), the way his friendship with Liz was portrayed, or the setup of Neverland (no walls attached to the gate).

I think the movie is good. Although I agree with the inaccuracies Michael mentioned, like the makeup, using pure white make up instead of the mask that professionals use to look like Michael. The portrait is inaccurate like the "Thriller" look from the beginning to the end of Bad era and the Dangerous era he didn't make him white.

Honestly, "The Jacksons An American Dream" is a lot better than "Man In The Mirror" movie.

As I said, the movie is good, but I feel like they didn't make the movie as accuarate is turned out.

Back