Making "michael" shoot to number one is very possible if... Readdd

hey fellow Michael Jackson fans. PLEASE consider this if your a TRUE and LOYAL michael fan.
OK so we all know that "Michael" the album is predicted to be number 3 in U.S which is not bad, BUT personally i cant stand the fact that Ive waited 10 long years for a new album only to find out hes trailing under Taylor swift and Susan Boyle. One of the contributing factors to this result is obviously the boycotting fans whom are refusing to buy the album.
Their IS a solution that WILL make him number one for next week at least.

The ratio of fans not buying the new album to fans buying the new album are about 70 to 30. IF we each buy TWO albums instead of one the numbers will double shooting him up to number one for next week guaranteed.
PLEASE don't turn the other cheek , i know I'm not the only one heartbroken by some of these numbers , we must stick together and help Micheal's legacy as ONE with L.O.V.E.

we will show these boy-cotters our hearts.

Re: MAKING "MICHAEL" SHOOT TO NUMBER ONE IS VERY POSSIBLE IF... READDDD!!(non-boycotting fans only)

i agree

Re: MAKING "MICHAEL" SHOOT TO NUMBER ONE IS VERY POSSIBLE IF... READDDD!!(non-boycotting fans only)

I'll buy 2 more copies next week

I am a long time reader but joined because I felt I had to reply to this thread.

I am with you 100%.

What is happening right now with the lower-than-expected chart positions of our beloved idol is in my opinion SERIOUS. I think we all need to stand up, unite and take action immediately.

We, us fans have a responsibility, and that is to support Michael’s new music, buy his albums and carry forward his legacy so people of new generations feel how we feel and experience the magic. We should stand up for him, even if it means forking out a couple more dollars. What Michael Jackson gave us fans all his life while suffering through it is worth more than $20-30 out of our pockets, isn’t it?

Unfortunately it’s very disappointing that for the first time, MJ fans have become bitter towards one another and I assure you, he loved his fans more than any other artist and he would’ve never wanted this.

So folks, let’s not forget that we are all MJ fans, we are ONE and VERY STRONG. For those fellow fans who refuse to buy his albums I have one thing to say to you and I hope you find it in your heart to understand coming from a MJ fan to a MJ fan :

While it may be true that certain individuals and/or corporations are in this for the wrong reasons, and perhaps you feel this album shouldn’t have come out or maybe come out in this form, one thing is certain I assure you: the album, our MJ’s album is out there and by you boycotting his music, you’re hurting MJ’s legacy more than you’re hurting Sony or anyone else you feel is wrongly in this. Think about this for a moment and do the right thing.

We need to come together and maintain his positive status as the king of pop, lets show the world how loyal MJ fans were and still is. As fans I believe we are obligated to go out there and buy one , two or more copies, whatever you can. Give the extra copies to a friend, co-worker or a family member and let them hear true music! Next thing you know they will be doing the moonwalk and grabbing their crotch! If these no good corporations can't do anything right then we can because remember, us fans have the true power.

So MJ fans, please hear me out and take action and do whats right. We need to carry his legacy forward, this is our responsibility and we must take the next step ASAP. Simply put if us fans don't buy his albums how else will? Haters wont! These haters are slowly starting to cozy up and next thing you know they will be up on the MJ-bashing wagon again and rubbing it in. Come on fans let’s do what we need to do as true MJ fans and support his legacy. Let’s go out there and buy some albums, buy as many as you can afford! Even if you already bought one go buy more! You will feel good about yourself. I pre-ordered mine but I am going out again and buying 10 copies and giving it as gifts, this will cost me the same as a pair of jeans! For all the good times, this is the least I can do for him.

Sometimes we tend to forget how much power us individual fans have, but its us who make the difference, its you and I that put him to #1. Let’s send a message to the world that Michael Jackson is truly the kind of pop, yesterday today and forever.

Last edited:
I am forever;3149970 said:
I am a long time reader but joined because I felt I had to reply to this thread.

I am with you 100%.

What is happening right now with the lower-than-expected chart positions of our beloved idol is in my opinion SERIOUS. I think we all need to stand up, unite and take action immediately.

We, us fans have a responsibility, and that is to support Michael’s new music, buy his albums and carry forward his legacy so people of new generations feel how we feel and experience the magic. We should stand up for him, even if it means forking out a couple more dollars. What Michael Jackson gave us fans all his life while suffering through it is worth more than $20-30 out of our pockets, isn’t it?

Unfortunately it’s very disappointing that for the first time, MJ fans have become bitter towards one another and I assure you, he loved his fans more than any other artist and he would’ve never wanted this.

So folks, let’s not forget that we are all MJ fans, we are ONE and VERY STRONG. For those fellow fans who refuse to buy his albums I have one thing to say to you and I hope you find it in your heart to understand coming from a MJ fan to a MJ fan :

While it may be true that certain individuals and/or corporations are in this for the wrong reasons, and perhaps you feel this album shouldn’t have come out or maybe come out in this form, one thing is certain I assure you: the album, our MJ’s album is out there and by you boycotting his music, you’re hurting MJ’s legacy more than you’re hurting Sony or anyone else you feel is wrongly in this. Think about this for a moment and do the right thing.

We need to come together and maintain his positive status as the king of pop. As fans I believe we are obligated to go out there and buy one , two or more copies. Give the extra copies to a friend, co-worker or a family member and let them hear true music!
So MJ fans, please hear me out and take action. We need to carry his legacy, this is our responsibility and we must do this ASAP. Simply put - if us fans don't buy his albums how else will? Haters wont! These haters are slowly starting to giggle and next thing you know they will be up on the MJ bashing wagon again and rubbing it. Come on fans let’s not let this happen and let’s do what we need to do as true MJ fans. Let’s go out there and buy some albums, buy as many as you can afford!! You will feel good about yourself. I pre-ordered mine but I am going out again and buying 10 copies and giving it as gifts, this will cost me the same as a pair of jeans! For all the good times, I owe it to him.

Sometimes we tend to forget how much power us individual fans have, but its us who make the difference, its you and I that put him to #1. Let’s send a message to the world that Michael Jackson is truly the kind of pop, yesterday today and forever.

Very well said and welcome.

:yes:

I've bought 3 copies, I'll try to buy 1 more :D.

I live in Italy but I would like to get a US copy of "Michael" and make it count for next week US chart. Where do I have to buy it then? Amazon.com? Or where?
Thanks anyone for the reply!
Let's make Michael number 1 again!

I believe 'Michael' is still going to be a number one album, this album is in for the long run, how many Susan Boyle singles will hit the charts next year, not many I don't think?

I'm sure when the better tracks are released as singles the album will still be in the top five for the coming months, and eventually sell far more copies than any other album next year, I think Susan Boyle album is a 'Christmas selling' album.

I am forever;3149970 said:

I am with you 100%.

We need to come together and maintain his positive status as the king of pop, lets show the world how loyal MJ fans were and still is. As fans I believe we are obligated to go out there and buy one , two or more copies, whatever you can. Give the extra copies to a friend, co-worker or a family member and let them hear true music! Next thing you know they will be doing the moonwalk and grabbing their crotch! If these no good corporations can't do anything right then we can because remember, us fans have the true power.

So MJ fans, please hear me out and take action and do whats right. We need to carry his legacy forward, this is our responsibility and we must take the next step ASAP. Simply put if us fans don't buy his albums how else will? Haters wont! These haters are slowly starting to cozy up and next thing you know they will be up on the MJ-bashing wagon again and rubbing it in. Come on fans let’s do what we need to do as true MJ fans and support his legacy. Let’s go out there and buy some albums, buy as many as you can afford! Even if you already bought one go buy more! You will feel good about yourself. I pre-ordered mine but I am going out again and buying 10 copies and giving it as gifts, this will cost me the same as a pair of jeans! For all the good times, this is the least I can do for him.

Dont forget to buy your 10 copies as seperate transactions if you buy them all at once they do not count

Great idea. :clapping:

Am going to tell my 3 sisters in US to buy the album at least 2 copies each so as to count towards nextweek sales,eventhough am not happy with the cascio tracks, I cant stomach MJ being ridiculed.he deserves a no 1 ALBUM.

I will buy 2 more & give them away.

I'll buy it again when I get time MJ needs UK no.1, although I think that in January when Monster is released the album will jump to number one as there will be less competition.

I just reported the posts from the boycott fans on this thread, the title is clear for all to see.

I just reported the posts from the boycott fans on this thread, the title is clear for all to see.

good. sick of the spammers.

Great idea!!! Would love to buy two more copies

I see no shame on 'Michael' not reaching no. 1, especially nowadays, when the "real musicians" don't reach the top so easily, besides the fact that, imo, this whole thing about "be no. 1" is just a foolishness. Be no. 1 won't make Michael Jackson better, as well as not being no. 1 won't make him worst!

Let's enjoy the new music. :)

This is like Invincible era all over again!!

"everything that has happened before, will happen again"

Lovely idea, Michael the king of kings, thanks for letting your heart out

PLEASE consider this if your a TRUE and LOYAL michael fan.

THIS has hurt me immensely. Despite Gary's warnings/requests, this "if you are a TRUE/LOYAL" fan thing is continuing. "These boycotters" who you are referring to with such disrespect are Michael Jackson fans too and they too have a "heart", which has been bruised over and over, aching and bleeding with Michael's for a VERY long time. They may ask YOU where YOU were when Michael needed you, when he was fighting for his life, when he knew many (or most) people thought it was no longer cool to be an MJ fan? And that nightmare lasted for years. you were waiting for 10 years for a new album, while these fans were fighting alondside him to protect him, defend him, save him. Where was your heart then? But this is not a thread for that discussion and I won't go there.

You could share your idea of buying two albums without being disrespectful, demeanig towards other fans. If you believe its all for L.O.V.E., don't just speak it, show it, be it.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:

I must also add that the best way to have the album shoot to number 1 is to have Sony PROMOTE it properly! No word of promotion in India (my country) that has the the second largest population and where Michael Jackson is the MOST famous, admired, emulated artist!
I did what you're doing now with Invincible in 2001, doing all I could to promote it. But real promotion can happen only if Sony do it, and they'd better do it!

I notice "Michael" has already fallen to #25 on US iTunes. I'm afraid that without radio play, promotion, and a decent single, it won't go higher. I've bought three but I think the person who said we need to get past the numbers game is right. It's QUALITY, not quantity. Michael's music will go on forever. I doubt if Glee and Susan Boyle will be hardly remembered five years from now. I'm trying to keep perspective, but Sony has handled the entire album in a miserable fashion.

hey fellow Michael Jackson fans. PLEASE consider this if your a TRUE and LOYAL michael fan.
OK so we all know that "Michael" the album is predicted to be number 3 in U.S which is not bad, BUT personally i cant stand the fact that Ive waited 10 long years for a new album only to find out hes trailing under Taylor swift and Susan Boyle. One of the contributing factors to this result is obviously the boycotting fans whom are refusing to buy the album.
Their IS a solution that WILL make him number one for next week at least.

The ratio of fans not buying the new album to fans buying the new album are about 70 to 30. IF we each buy TWO albums instead of one the numbers will double shooting him up to number one for next week guaranteed.
PLEASE don't turn the other cheek , i know I'm not the only one heartbroken by some of these numbers , we must stick together and help Micheal's legacy as ONE with L.O.V.E.

Sigh... The "true" and "loyal" fan talk again. Yes, I think you've definitely shown the boycotters what's in your heart.

Like it or not, I'm sure everyone of us are fans of Michael Jackson. We ALL fight for Michael's legacy, just in different ways.

You feel that fans should elevate Michael's legacy by ensuring that the latest posthumous album reaches number 1 on the U.S chart, just like how Michael would have wanted his albums to succeed, fair enough goal.

The boycotters probably feel that Michael's legacy would be better protected by preventing Sony or whoever that's responsible from injecting imposter tracks into his legacy, fair enough goal.

If that is what people feel in their hearts, then I see no fault in it. After all, since Michael is no longer here to lead us, we have become divided in our goals and perhaps, some of us are lost. Which is why now, we've all grown dependent on what our heart tells us of what Michael would have wanted.

Regardless of whatever decision each of us has made, that doesn't give anyone the right to proclaim whomever as a "true" and "loyal" fan of Michael. Because no fan here is greater than another. None of us can say for sure what Michael would have wanted, or how Michael would have defined the characteristics of a "true" and "loyal" fan. All that's left for us, is to remain respectful of one another's views, and to be united together simply as, fans of Michael Jackson.

Sigh... The "true" and "loyal" fan talk again. Yes, I think you've definitely shown the boycotters what's in your heart.

Like it or not, I'm sure everyone of us are fans of Michael Jackson. We ALL fight for Michael's legacy, just in different ways.

You feel that fans should elevate Michael's legacy by ensuring that the latest posthumous album reaches number 1 on the U.S chart, just like how Michael would have wanted his albums to succeed, fair enough goal.

The boycotters probably feel that Michael's legacy would be better protected by preventing Sony or whoever that's responsible from injecting imposter tracks into his legacy, fair enough goal.

If that is what people feel in their hearts, then I see no fault in it. After all, since Michael is no longer here to lead us, we have become divided in our goals and perhaps, some of us are lost. Which is why now, we've all grown dependent on what our heart tells us of what Michael would have wanted.

Regardless of whatever decision each of us has made, that doesn't give anyone the right to proclaim whomever as a "true" and "loyal" fan of Michael. Because no fan here is greater than another. None of us can say for sure what Michael would have wanted, or how Michael would have defined the characteristics of a "true" and "loyal" fan. All that's left for us, is to remain respectful of one another's views, and to be united together simply as, fans of Michael Jackson.

thank you thank you thank you :clapping: I'm not a boycotter (although I've been wrongly accused of being one, simply because I have serious issues about the vocals) but I completely understand EACH fans' decision no matter what it is....That's all we need is RESPECT....How about a little of that? from BOTH sides....

this idea in a fantacy world would work.. but us buying two albums each would not double sales.. You have to remember that HUGE majority of people that are buying this album are NOT "die hard" fans. They are the general public.. We would have to get EVERYONE to buy two (Not just us huge fans).. Which is nearly impossible.

Realisticlly there are hundreds of buyers to each die hard fan..

If us die hard fans buy more than one album we could make a small spike in sales.. lets say the album sold 700,000 so far.. with the ratio lets just say.. 300 to 1 as far as gen public/die hard fan.. and an equal sale rate as the first week from the general public.. according to 700,000 that would mean 2,333 albums were sold to die hard fans and 697,666 to the general public..low lets say out of the 2333 15% of those fans actually bought 2 albums.. 350 fans bought 2..

Now with the sale selling ratio for a second week of 700,000 and if we could REALLY convince the 3% of buyers (which would represent DIE HARD fans) to buy 2.. that would spike the sales fromm 700,000 its first week to 4,666 albums were bought from die hard fans which means the total sales would be 700,233.. which makes a difference but would not double its sales..

these are figurative numbers.. my main point is the general (main buyers) are not like us and wont buy two.. according to these figurative numbers if us die hard fans make up 3% of its buyers (not sales) each fan would have to buy hundreds of albums each..

Non the less I think its a great idea for fans to buy multiple albums..

ways to spike up sales..

1) buy more than one album

2) print and leave flyers up in public places that allow (colleges, bookstores etc)

3) leave flyers on peoples cars in public places

4) where promotional clothing

5) when you go to the store stock the CD's for them to be more noticable for people walking buy

6) slip flyer ads in the sunday news papers regarding the album in the ad section

7) play the music in public and let it sell itself

8) if you can ever buy the album on a discounted price buy many of them and sell the for that lowered price (not profit for you but no loss) that way people that are iffy about buying it would more likly buy it if even cheaper

9) ask for the album for holiday/birthday gifts even if you have it.. that way nothing out of your pocket and sales go up.. people that would not buy it would for you.

10) post promo ads and trailer on facebook and other places that general public will see

11) on youtube go to videos and strike up conversation about the album (not spam) for instance go to an akon video and talk about hold my hand and how the collab is great.. or better yet since less know about it a 50 cent video and monster..

12) call radio station, even those not in your area to get it played

just put a little creativity into it and if we can get those same people that would buy 2 to advertize like that it could create an editional spike in sales that could just put it over the top..

I think it would be cool if within our die hard fan base if we could push 500,000 sales towards the end of all this.. it would make the difference betweek 2.5 million to 3 million.. from 4.5 million to 5.. 9.5 million to 10..

advertize the hell out of this album

Please can we refrain from referring to the terms 'true fan' and 'loyal fan.' Its not fair for people to be labelled and is causing offence. Thanks.

This is a great idea, I am gonna buy 2 copies hopefully before this weekend.

Jackie xx

for those who really did not care to buy multiple albums.. maybe if you buy it for someone that can't afford it may give you a little insentive.. What if you buy multiple copies and donate them for the holidays.. we could even start up a drive for the MJ CD's and we could give them to children in shelters.. (its a bit late to start that for christmas) but its never to late to give!!

that puts a smile on a childs face, and helps sales at the same time

I bought 3 copies on release day. I've done my part here. :)

Back