Madonna will celebrate Michael!!!! (Pics inside!!)

jam_boy

Proud Member
dressrehearsal.jpg

We're almost there!! The Sticky and Sweet Tour 2009 is just a day away and to build up excitement MadonnaTribe would like to share some more exclusive news we have heard buzzing around.
During these weeks apparently nothing has changed in the new rock version of Dress You Up that replaces Heartbeat. The My Sharona inspired arrangement is still there and it's really good.

On the Holiday front instead there are some changes. As previously reported exclusively here the song already contained vocal lines and music samples of Everybody (Dance and Sing Get Up And Do Your Thing) and the new track Celebrate but now as a homage to the late Michael Jackson, Madonna has been rehearsing the song with a whole middle part of MJ music in it.

There's the famous "Billie Jean" drum beat and the "Wanna Be Starting Something" hook (the "Mama-se, mama-sa, ma-ma-coo-sa" stuff).
Totally a dance number perfect for the 80's part of the show!! Fans will love it!

Speaking about the latest new entry, Frozen, that replaces Hung Up, we are told is a upbeat number with the hook of the Calvin Harris' song "I'm Not Alone" in the middle.

But the great surprise is that the new Frozen also contains parts of another great Madonna classic from the 80's, "Open Your Heart", a song that was rehearsed for the first part of this tour but that didn't make the final setlist replaced by Doli Doli.
The song now gets its revenge!

As for the video backdrop for Frozen they are using video outtakes from the original video by Chris Cunningham from 1998, re edited in a great new way!

The show will also have some other great surprises, we wish everyone who attends the first show in London tomorrow night a great fun and don't forget to check MadonnaTribe, home of Madonna fans, for the first after show reports!

From MTribe

Last edited:
Re: Madonna will celebrate Michael!!!!

Thats nice of her.

I believe U2 also sang MITM and Dont Stop til you Get Enough on their tour.

All the big 80s stars were coming back this summer, we've just lost the best though.

She's a fan doing her part to celebrate Michael's untouchable legacy. More power to her.

Nice. Thank you, Madonna. Thank you for recognizing Michael in your tour. I appreciate you now more than I ever have in all my nearly 30 years of appreciating pop music.

fantastic! i knew she would change the setlist a bit to honour Michael

I've gained new respect for Madonna, with her celebrating and respecting Michael's life as a man and artist !

Madonna’s reactions to Michael’s death made me respect her a lot more

I'm not surprised that Madonna is doing this. It was obvious in the 80s that she was a fan. She put the music to Billie Jean in the middle of Like a Virgin and she showed she looked up to him in other ways.

she loved him very much,and he was like her idol,inspiration..
I really love her,because she showed great respect to MJ..
and I love some her songs

26 years ago, I used to listen to these two, Prince and others, and wonder who would work with who, who each admired. It's beautiful to hear these kinds of things, yet heartbreaking at the same time. Never thought I'd live to see Madonna have to pay respects to Michael. I'm still not able to believe the whole event. I doubt I ever will.

She put the music to Billie Jean in the middle of Like a Virgin and she showed she looked up to him in other ways.
I never noticed that. I noticed that she used the rhythm from "Can You Feel It" in "Material Girl," though.

I never noticed that. I noticed that she used the rhythm from "Can You Feel It" in "Material Girl," though.

She used "Can you feel it" in the song "Sorry" from the album "Confessions on a Dancefloor" and not in "Material Girl". I read in an interview that her "Can you feel it is one of his favorite songs. :yes:

The shows of Madonna on O2 will be Saturday and Sunday. Does she honor him in two days? I'm sure she will do a tribute. I am very curious to know what is the music of MJ that she will sing. I think Madonna should be sorry to have never recorded anything with Michael. I would love that to happen, it would be the greatest duet in the history of music. :wild:​

She used "Can you feel it" in the song "Sorry" from the album "Confessions on a Dancefloor" and not in "Material Girl". I read in an interview that her "Can you feel it is one of his favorite songs. :yes:

I haven't heard "Sorry," but she used it in "Material Girl" too.​

During her first tour she did an arrangement of Like a Virgin w/Billie Jean music in the middle. I don't hear Can You Feel It in Material Girl, mmm.

You can hear Billie Jean's beat etc in Like A Virgin and you can hear a Can You Feel It sample in Sorry.

Anyway I think its nice that Madonna is celebrating Michael in her concert.

During her first tour she did an arrangement of Like a Virgin w/Billie Jean music in the middle. I don't hear Can You Feel It in Material Girl, mmm.

Are you serious? Listen to the beginning of both songs. The bassline's are IDENTICAL.

I am not a Madonna fan to to say, but she is undoubtedly the closest thing to a Gueen of Pop. Big thank you's and more respect to the lady, Madonna!!!

The beginning of Can You Feel It and Material Girl is practicly the same. same bassline. Like a Virgin and Billie Jean have a bassline ressemblance too. But Material girl and CYFI are soooo close!

Oh, I see what you mean now. A small portion of Material Girl has a similar bass line. It's in a different key though.

Are you serious? Listen to the beginning of both songs. The bassline's are IDENTICAL.

Madonna has always let it be known that MJ was one of her favorite artists, so it's not surprising to see her being such a class act after his passing.

:wild::wild::wild:
A fan of Madonna said that the dancer will appear in the middle of the song and the screens will display various pictures of Michael.​

the dancer imitating michael was on tour with him in 96-97! he is one of the taluega brothers ;)

Back