Madonna on MJ - Rolling Stone. Nice Words.

08_michael_jackson.jpg

heres an amazing coincidence as well, woooo hooooo:wild:¨

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/homes/homes/2009/11/michael_jacksons_private_kingdom_slideshow

I know that MJ fans have varying opinions about Madonna. Here's what I think. . .

Madonna is a huge Michael Jackson fan. In 1980s, she'd drop his name when doing interviews but always said positive things about him. She wanted to be the female version of him in music. She wanted his manager because she acknowledged that MJ was the biggest star in the world. She covered BJ in her concerts. She went to his concerts.

Then they start getting to know each other in the early 1990s, trying to work together. I think she wanted to figure out who he really was and tried to start something romantic with him. When he didn't take the bait and rejected her song (and her), she got hurt and angry (bc obviously she really admired him) and starting talking sh*t about him in public. Then Janet gets in on it trying to protect her brother, so now there is a Janet/Madonna feud.

But then Madonna wanted to repair the feud with Michael and sent him a huge flower arrangement wishing him good luck on his first history concert tour. During that Elizabeth Taylor bday special in 97 or 98, Madonna kissed Michael on the cheek after he got up to greet her. Then she defends him against the bashit doc in 2003. I heard that she has been asked a question about what she likes to listen to and she said 'There is nothing like old school Michael Jackson.'

I think Madonna really turned Michael off when they were hanging out together and then when she started insinuating that he might be gay and that his marriage to Lisa was fake. My thoughts on her comments that MJ was in the closet is that she worded them in such a way that the public would be led to believe that, but in fact what she really meant was that Michael was not so innocent and child-like in private, he only portrayed himself as one for the public.

I don't want to excuse what Madonna said about Micheal in the 1990s, but I think she was really hurt by his rejection. She described how intimate it was to write a song with someone in the RS article and how you have to really let your guard down. She was also very, very full of herself at this time and probably thought that Michael really wanted her to help him make an image change.

Anyways, JMO. I think Madonna loved Michael in some sort of way, shape or form. It sounds like he was part of her childhood.

Last edited:
Madonna is honest. Many hold that against her but I think that is one of her finest qualities. What she has said about Michael since his passing is great and I agree with what she says, in terms of them abandoning him. I cannot imagine how lonely Michael must have felt during the most difficult of times. I take great comfort in knowing that at least we were there for him as was his family.

Especially that "shut, up - no, YOU shut up!"

LOL! That's why Madonna was obsessed with MJ, he put her in her place!

LoL, yeah, I think they were the only two that *could* argue and insult each other and get away with it. Maybe Prince too, but that's different. There's a brotherly rivalry thing there. M & M had more of a cat fight goin' on. =P

Thanks for sharing. It's true, the world minus his fans, kids and few people in his life did abandon him. Very sad. At least she has acknowledged that.

I love what Michael said, so sweet.

i do think that Madonna was one of two women celebrities that was truly in love with MJ. i could tell in the songs she sung, and the things she did. the other woman, to me, was Whitney Houston. i'm sure there were many others, but those two really stand out.

I know that MJ fans have varying opinions about Madonna. Here's what I think. . .

Madonna is a huge Michael Jackson fan. In 1980s, she'd drop his name when doing interviews but always said positive things about him. She wanted to be the female version of him in music. She wanted his manager because she acknowledged that MJ was the biggest star in the world. She covered BJ in her concerts. She went to his concerts.

Then they start getting to know each other in the early 1990s, trying to work together. I think she wanted to figure out who he really was and tried to start something romantic with him. When he didn't take the bait and rejected her song (and her), she got hurt and angry (bc obviously she really admired him) and starting talking sh*t about him in public. Then Janet gets in on it trying to protect her brother, so now there is a Janet/Madonna feud.

But then Madonna wanted to repair the feud with Michael and sent him a huge flower arrangement wishing him good luck on his first history concert tour. During that Elizabeth Taylor bday special in 97 or 98, Madonna kissed Michael on the cheek after he got up to greet her. Then she defends him against the bashit doc in 2003. I heard that she has been asked a question about what she likes to listen to and she said 'There is nothing like old school Michael Jackson.'

I think Madonna really turned Michael off when they were hanging out together and then when she started insinuating that he might be gay and that his marriage to Lisa was fake. My thoughts on her comments that MJ was in the closet is that she worded them in such a way that the public would be led to believe that, but in fact what she really meant was that Michael was not so innocent and child-like in private, he only portrayed himself as one for the public.

I don't want to excuse what Madonna said about Micheal in the 1990s, but I think she was really hurt by his rejection. She described how intimate it was to write a song with someone in the RS article and how you have to really let your guard down. She was also very, very full of herself at this time and probably thought that Michael really wanted her to help him make an image change.

Anyways, JMO. I think Madonna loved Michael in some sort of way, shape or form. It sounds like he was part of her childhood.

Everything you wrote - :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I know many feel some kind of way about Madonna but she is speacking from her heart MJ had a lot of people who turn their backs on him but millions who embrace him with love

Yeah i think you got it all right, i agree:agree:

Nice words. I agree with Madonna that a huge amount of the world turned their backs on Michael during the hard times. That makes me so sad. At least I know that he will always have the love from his children, Liz, his family and his fans.
Thanks for the article. :)

i do think that Madonna was one of two women celebrities that was truly in love with MJ. i could tell in the songs she sung, and the things she did. the other woman, to me, was Whitney Houston. i'm sure there were many others, but those two really stand out.

Interesting comment about Whitney. Can you tell me your thoughts on her? I have my own theories about that one, as well. LOL!

I know about Madonna. . . she was one of the first to make a public statement on Michael's death and she incorporated the tribute to MJ on her tour very quickly. Yeah, I don't think Michael was exaggerating when he believed that Madonna was sincerely in love with him. I could actually see them being friends now (if Michael had lived) because Madonna has matured a lot after becoming a mother and was more conscious of others besides herself. I really wonder if it was true that Madonna was going to be a surprise guest during the TII tour. Janet, also!!!! MAAAAAAAANNNNNN! It sucks that none of this will ever happen!

I could actually see them being friends now (if Michael had lived) because Madonna has matured a lot after becoming a mother and was more conscious of others besides herself. I really wonder if it was true that Madonna was going to be a surprise guest during the TII tour. Janet, also!!!! MAAAAAAAANNNNNN! It sucks that none of this will ever happen!

I sure hope so. I sure hope they reconciled and each felt loved and respected by the other. I'd hate to pass tomorrow and still be held accountable for somea' the ish I did or said ten years ago (or close to 20, in their case) =P

i can see rollingstone still doesn't respect Michael, and they are still envious of him.. they still knee jerk react like he's the biggest star, by mentioning his name first in the headline, about what Madonna thinks, and they ask her if she was jealous of him, so that's a knee jerk-see-him-as-the-biggest-star reaction, too. and Madonna does still seem in awe of MJ.

but Madonna is wrong and so is rollingstone in comparing herself in treatment to how MJ was treated. so there's envy of Michael from Madonna and rollingstone, there, too. yes..Madonna got negative stuff thrown at her..but mtv would still play her videos, and radio would still play her new songs as chart placing songs. and media still had general respect for her..and as you can see..they are gushing over her, WHILE SHE IS ALIVE.(Reigning Queen of Pop, with no quotes around it..and..Her Madgesty. not one, but two glowing glorifying titles.

MJ never received ANY of that respect. he was SLAUGHTERED!

Last edited:
"All I have are my opinions, I wasn't very close to him. It's good to have a good childhood and a sense of yourself in the world before people start telling you who they think your are. Where you can make mistakes and have a sense of innocence. It gives you a sense of confidence. I don't think he started off that way. Did he have any sense of himself outside of the world of being adored and famous? It's hard to survive like that. I think he felt insecure about the attention he got, and had a love-hate relationship with his job. He didn't seem to have any close friends. And in the last decade, everybody abandoned him, or wrote him off as crazy. People have said so many things about me that aren't true, and I never once had a second thought that the accusations against him might be true. But he didn't seem to have a way to deal with that, publicly or privately, and it can destroy you. When he died, everyone was saying what a great genius he was, but it's important to appreciate things before you lose them. It's a great tragedy."

That's actually pretty insightful; I didn't expect it from her. And I agree with what she says here completely.

Thank you for posting. I must admit I am impressed with Madonna's maturity. Michael was right motherhood changed her very much. She understands what Michael had to deal with in the public eye, the bad press they both had and still have.

I just get frustrated like.......... where were all of this kind people when he was going through the trials!? Couldn't they have spoken up THEN?! Instead of now when it honestly doesn't matter THAT much cause he's gone and there's nothing we can do about it?! :cry:

i can see rollingstone still doesn't respect Michael, but they knee jerk about him being the biggest star, by mentioning his name first in the headline, about what Madonna thinks, and they ask her if she was jealous of him, so that's a knee jerk-see-him-as-the-biggest-star reaction, too. but Madonna does still seem in awe of MJ.

but Madonna is wrong and so is rollingstone in comparing herself in treatment to how MJ was treated. yes..Madonna got negative stuff thrown at her..but mtv would still play her videos, and radio would still play her new songs as chart placing songs. and media still had general respect for her..and as you can see..they are gushing over her, WHILE SHE IS ALIVE.(Reigning Queen of Pop, with no quotes around it..and..Her Madgesty. not one, but two glowing glorifying titles.

MJ never received ANY of that respect. he was SLAUGHTERED!
F them

Back