Macalauy Culkin - where is he? *Threads Merged*

Re: What ever happen to Macaulay Culkinu

i don't understand why? frames have to take drugs there is no reason :eek: :eek: :eek:

Actually Mac was only arrested, he never served any jail time and I believe it was for marijuana possession in Oklahoma, but again he never served time for it. With regards to work, Mac has continued to act. He was in the off beat flick "Party Monster" (2003) where he played the lead along with the movie "Saved!" (2004) and a few other films, he's done voice work on the U.S. animated show called "Robot Chicken", he appeared in the short lived U.S. tv series "Kings" and in an episode of "Will and Grace" where I believe he played an attorney going up against the main character Will, I believe he's also acted on the stage back in 2001 in London in a production of "Madame Melville" which later moved off broadway which last four months, and he's been in a very long term commited relationship with actress Mila Kunis (both attended Michael's funeral together). Mac is a VERY private person so it's not surprising people are curious as to what he's been up to, but he's been keeping active and doing his thing. :)

Thanks.

He deserves his privacy, too. He's a nice kid, still, I believe, very eloquent and friendly.

I'll never forget him as the greatest child actor ever! :lol:
Home Alone is my favourite christmas film!

i know i watch that movie yesterday home alone 1&2 is the best

I've seen Home Alone 1 & 2 on YTV, I gotta tell ya I haven't seen the 2nd one for a long time.

I remember when Michael passed I wondered how Mac would be coping with it as they had been good friends. I remember seeing that he went to the funeral but had basically kept quiet about his feelings which in a lot of ways I thought was admirable.

It's funny to know he's 30 now, he will always be the kid in Home Alone to so many people lol

Last movie I saw him in was Saved!. That's a really funny movie and I liked his character in that movie. Also he was at the Oscars last year on stage commemorating the death of John Hughes. He said a few words. :)

I though it was great that Mac testified for MJ during the trial, but I really was disgusted by this interview on LKL - can't find it on youtube - I found it very disappointing, not a good friend in my mind:

KING: Michael Jackson.

CULKIN: Yes.

KING: Have you spoken to him?

CULKIN: Not for a while. I talked to him maybe six months ago, something like that.

KING: You testified for him, right?

CULKIN: I did. I didn't really want to.

KING: I know. I think you told me.

CULKIN: That was last year, yes. I kind of wasn't planning on getting involved in the whole thing. But it was the prosecution really who started bringing up my name and just saying, you know, this person did that to me you know, or all those kind of things, bringing in their witnesses. And so I'm not going to just sit on the side and let them say those kinds of things about me. So I had to testify really. They forced me into it.

KING: Did he get a bum rap?

CULKIN: I think so. You know, my thing was he should have known better than to let those people in his life in the first place. Those were dangerous people. Those were people who were out to get something from him. And you do your best to keep those people away from you, but at the same time, I guess he let them slip through the cracks.

KING: Do you ever think that what happened to him could have happened to you?

CULKIN: How do you mean?

KING: A lot of fame young.

CULKIN: You know, I've thought that. I thought like I could have just bought some piece of land somewhere and built a bunch of walls and kind of lived my own kind of life and make my own reality because sometimes the reality that's outside is not always that appealing. But I made a decision when I was I don't know, 14 years old, when I decided to stop doing movies and stop doing all of this, that I was just going to live life. And I was going to not let the outside world stop me from existing in the way that I felt I was capable of.

KING: Why do you like him so much?

CULKIN: Well, he's a friend of mine. You know, and we've had a friendship for a long time now. I mean people, I think, misunderstand our friendship. He's the kind of person I talk to once a year on the phone. He's not -- if you're looking for some kind of grand insight into his psyche or anything like that, I'm not that kind -- I'm not that guy.

He's a friend of mine. We've had some really interesting conversations. He has -- he's a very smart guy, but I think he's incredibly misunderstood, and a lot of that is his own fault.

KING: Aren't you godfather to one of his children?

CULKIN: Yes, I am. He has beautiful, beautiful kids and they're the sweetest things in the world. And you know, I just -- I haven't seen them in a long time. But, you know, I hope they're doing well.

Threads Merged

It's funny to know he's 30 now, he will always be the kid in Home Alone to so many people lol

Home Alone was a part of my childhood. Damn I wish I could turn back as child and see the movie, It brings a lot of memories.. But he will always be a kid in my head :lol:
I can't believe he is 30.. Almost the same age as Michael, when he met Culkin.

He's 30? wow...thats just really crazy!
kinda makes me sad. Like when we see pictures of him and MJ, he was really young...just shows you how fast time flies! :eek:

I though it was great that Mac testified for MJ during the trial, but I really was disgusted by this interview on LKL - can't find it on youtube - I found it very disappointing, not a good friend in my mind:

KING: Michael Jackson.

CULKIN: Yes.

KING: Have you spoken to him?

CULKIN: Not for a while. I talked to him maybe six months ago, something like that.

KING: You testified for him, right?

CULKIN: I did. I didn't really want to.

KING: I know. I think you told me.

CULKIN: That was last year, yes. I kind of wasn't planning on getting involved in the whole thing. But it was the prosecution really who started bringing up my name and just saying, you know, this person did that to me you know, or all those kind of things, bringing in their witnesses. And so I'm not going to just sit on the side and let them say those kinds of things about me. So I had to testify really. They forced me into it.

KING: Did he get a bum rap?

CULKIN: I think so. You know, my thing was he should have known better than to let those people in his life in the first place. Those were dangerous people. Those were people who were out to get something from him. And you do your best to keep those people away from you, but at the same time, I guess he let them slip through the cracks.

KING: Do you ever think that what happened to him could have happened to you?

CULKIN: How do you mean?

KING: A lot of fame young.

CULKIN: You know, I've thought that. I thought like I could have just bought some piece of land somewhere and built a bunch of walls and kind of lived my own kind of life and make my own reality because sometimes the reality that's outside is not always that appealing. But I made a decision when I was I don't know, 14 years old, when I decided to stop doing movies and stop doing all of this, that I was just going to live life. And I was going to not let the outside world stop me from existing in the way that I felt I was capable of.

KING: Why do you like him so much?

CULKIN: Well, he's a friend of mine. You know, and we've had a friendship for a long time now. I mean people, I think, misunderstand our friendship. He's the kind of person I talk to once a year on the phone. He's not -- if you're looking for some kind of grand insight into his psyche or anything like that, I'm not that kind -- I'm not that guy.

He's a friend of mine. We've had some really interesting conversations. He has -- he's a very smart guy, but I think he's incredibly misunderstood, and a lot of that is his own fault.

KING: Aren't you godfather to one of his children?

CULKIN: Yes, I am. He has beautiful, beautiful kids and they're the sweetest things in the world. And you know, I just -- I haven't seen them in a long time. But, you know, I hope they're doing well.

I'm confused, what has disgusted you by this interview? It seems alright to me but if I'm missing something then please point it out (sorry if I'm being completely dense lol)

I really love and miss him! I guess Mack and Mila broke up, I really like her too. I haven't watched 'Saved' yet, looking forward to it. As far as I know he doesn't have twitter or facebook....

I'm confused, what has disgusted you by this interview? It seems alright to me but if I'm missing something then please point it out (sorry if I'm being completely dense lol)

I don't understand either. I am confused as well.

I really love and miss him! I guess Mack and Mila broke up, I really like her too. I haven't watched 'Saved' yet, looking forward to it. As far as I know he doesn't have twitter or facebook....
I just heard that a week ago or so. I'm sorry, I thought they were a good couple. I wish all the best for both of them. :)

Yahoo is headlining this story/photo today. I wonder what's going with him?

23tm5x1.jpg

Here is the actual stoy that should have been posted with that pic
23tm5x1.jpg

Macaulay Culkin stepped out in New York yesterday looking extremely thin and scruffy in exclusive photos obtained by ET that are likely to spark concern for the actor's health. Thankfully Culkin's rep tells ET, "Macaulay Culkin is in perfectly good health."
Culkin, 31, also posed for a photo with a fan on the street and can be seen holding a can of Red Bull.

Macaulay Culkin & Mila Kunis End Eight Year Romance
The star rose to fame playing the adorable eight-year-old child Kevin McCallister in the hugely successful Home Alone films. But his career as a child star later became overshadowed by a highly-publicized dispute with his parents, whom he sued amid allegations that they had mishandled his fortune.

Caulkin is rumored to be starring in the British film Service Man -- described as an uplifting military action flick -- set for release in 2013.
Tune in to Entertainment Tonight for more of the exclusive photos.
Video: ET Flashback: Macaulay Culkin Left 'Home Alone'!

Macauley Culkin "in Perfectly Good Health" Despite Scary Gaunt Pic

1328817918_macaulay-culkin-240.jpg

Not every camera adds 10 pounds, it turns out.
Home Alone fans everywhere were distraught when a scary skinny, scruffy
Macauley Culkin
resurfaced in NYC Feb. 9 in photos posted on
Entertainment Tonight.

But a rep for the former child star, now 32, slams speculation that the star is struggling in any way.
"Macaulay Culkin is in perfectly good health. For Entertainment Tonight or any other media to speculate otherwise is thoughtless, irresponsible and destructive."

Culkin's next rumored project is the British military film Service Man, which is set for release in 2013.
Explains a Culkin source of the shocking photos: "He is thin, so when he loses one pound it just looks like more."

Culkin and star Mila Kunis ended their low-key, eight-year relationship in late 2010.
A second insider cautions that Culkin has had "emotional issues" for years.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/macauley-culkin-in-perfectly-good-health-despite-scary-gaunt-pic-201292#ixzz1lvTRvQu1

Macaulay Culkin’s Life Today

<cite class="byline vcard" style="font-style: normal; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); font-size: 11px; display: block; font-family: arial; vertical-align: middle; ">By Claudine Zap | Movie Talk &#8211; <abbr title="2012-02-09T21:41:32Z" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; ">8 hours ago</abbr></cite>

300-maccaulayculkin-jpg_211944.jpg
Photo by David Livingston/Getty ImagesWhat has happened to the adorable child actor from "Home Alone"? Fans were shocked (picture hands on face and mouths wide open) to see a gaunt, scruffy-looking Macaulay Culkin in a photo snapped on the streets of New York recently.
Many of the well over 4,000 comments on theYahoo! story showed concern for the star's health: One wrote, "Dude needs a hug & a cheeseburger." Others wondered if the look was for a role. One even joked that the former child star looked like he was about to play "Homeless Alone."
See the photo here >>
Culkin shot to fame as an 8-year-old scene stealer in the "Home Alone" movies. At the height of his stardom, the child actor was considered the most successful young star since Shirley Temple.
In fact, the movie is a perennial hit with fans on the Web. Yahoo! lookups for "Home Alone" shot up over the holidays, along with sentimental searches on "macaulay culkin biography," "macaulay culkin news," and "macaulay culkin movies."
As an adult, Culkin hasn't seen his career take off. The actor appeared in movies like "Richie Rich" and then moved into TV appearances on shows like "Will and Grace"; Culkin is also a voice on the Seth Green show "Robot Chicken."
Culkin's last big-screen effort was the well-received 2004 indie comedy "Saved," with Mandy Moore. The star also won praise for his role as a murderous club kid in 2003's "Party Monster." He is rumored to be in the British military action comedy "Service Man," which comes out in 2013.
With his having experienced so much success as a kid, perhaps a bumpy transition is no surprise (See: Lindsay Lohan). The actor grabbed headlines in the past for his childhood friendship with the late Michael Jackson, whom he defended during the singer's trial. Culkin had slept over at the pop icon's home many times, and he called charges against the megastar "absolutely ridiculous."
As a kid, Culkin successfully "divorced" his parents, whom he accused of mismanaging his funds, assigning instead a family accountant to take charge of his fortune until he turned 18. In 1998, he married fellow child star Rachel Miner. The two divorced four years later. In 2004, Culkin was arrested for marijuana possession and for possessing pills for which he had no prescription. He was given a one-year deferred substance sentence on each charge and ordered to pay $540.
A rep for the star assured Entertainment Tonight: "Macaulay Culkin is in perfectly good health." So perhaps the look is to mourn his latest lost love: Last year, the 31-year-old broke off a longtime romance with A-lister Mila Kunis after a reported eight-year relationship. A publicist for the actress released a statement saying, "The split was amicable, and they remain close friends."
Fans will be watching for the New Yorker's next move -- and movie.
<iframe frameborder="0" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/ynews/blog/player.html#vid=24370921&playlistId=15749625&browseCarouselUI=hide" width="576"></iframe>

usmagazine said:

A second insider cautions that Culkin has had "emotional issues" for years.

This was so unnecessary for US Magazine to add into their article. It just shows that the press will just not learn. *sigh*

I'm glad it is now being reported that he is well, though, so it can be cleared up and his fans can be at rest. :)

Whoever wrote that article has "emotional issues". Geez. You can take "disturbing" pictures of anyone, if you try hard enough.

Normally photographers are proud to catch a human as a beautiful being, only in celeb gossip photography is it some weird honor codex to do horrendous photography- and even be proud of that.

Back