'Little Susie' really scares me

I love this song, so sad and so powerful ! it gives me chills each time I hear it -
I don't know if there is a true story behind it but it spreads the message that the children must be loved and protected. Michael has fought for them his entire life.
:angel:

The HIStory album was all about, "You will hear it even if it upsets you", and he sings about all different topics such as:
- Dom Sheldon (I refuse to spell the real name),
- Tabloid Junkie,
- Earth Song,
- They Don't Care About Us, etc.....

Little Susie is about another topic he believed everyone needed to hear........

99.9% of the other artists are just too chicken to even think of recording such songs!!!

I played this song for the first time earlier this week in my car CD player and I thought it was a little scary at first because it's a haunting, sad and beautiful song. Powerful lyrics!!! Michael sure does know how to sing songs that can really grab you!

I played this song for the first time earlier this week in my car CD player and I thought it was a little scary at first because it's a haunting, sad and beautiful song. Powerful lyrics!!! Michael sure does know how to sing songs that can really grab you!

Yes he does, and the beautiful thing is that he sang that way when he was a child too. Little Susie is a very powerful song.

I have always hated this song, not because it is badly written or anything but because it scares me. The Little Suzie picture in the HIStory booklet is a picture I find disturbing too. I kind of forget about this song a lot as I've only listened to it a couple of times and then just skipped it (or fast forwarded) for as long as I can remember.

Same applies for Scared Of The Moon though I find Little Suzie is 1000 times more haunting.

Actually something worth mentioning, I was chatting to a friend on msn (not an MJ fan) who was cutting and pasting the most depressing lyrics from his record collection, so I cut and pasted the lyrics to Little Suzie and all he had to say was "That is a depression trump" lol.

^ can anyone please post the picture of Little susie from the booklet , i've never seen it !

Back