List all the MJ anniversary Magazine Cover/book etc here...

markmark11

Proud Member
Hi
I thought it would be good to list the MJ anniversary Magazine Cover/book etc here...

(I thought if the moderators agree (and don't have me hunted down :- ) ) we could list the name of the magazine, the date and what the article is about. Same with book, title plus date of issue)

MJ MJ anniversary Magazine Cover/book etc here...

-Vanity Fair July (with Liz Taylor on the cover) Have a Thriller video making article.

-Rhythm Magazine (July has Mj on cover with interview with all his drummers)

-June 20th issue of The News Of The World will have an MJ tribute magazine and exclusive photo's.

would be better if people just added magazines to the list instead of the word "tabloid" its not a review section just a list, it's up to us all to decide for ourselves what to buy... no???

Thank you for the 'heads up'!

My July copy of Vanity Fair has Dakota Fanning, Bryce Dallas Howard and Ashley Greene on the Cover (British version?). Good article..not a huge amount new in it perhaps?

PS Not much on British TV that I can find around 25th June...BBC2 is re-running ' The Culture Show: MJ special' on Thurs 24th June at 11.50 and TII is showing on Sky Premiere at 8.00 pm on Friday 25th.

PS Not much on British TV that I can find around 25th June...BBC2 is re-running ' The Culture Show: MJ special' on Thurs 24th June at 11.50 and TII is showing on Sky Premiere at 8.00 pm on Friday 25th.

Sky one is showing Private Home Movies from 10-11am on the 25th but im guessing they will show some more shows on the day because they have had MJ days before.

vanity Fair July has Liz Taylor on cover for sure, as there is ONLY a US issue and no other version just the one issue,
It's july she is at the beach in a white bikini, from the 50's or so...
MJ article is in support of the 4 days of Thriller book due for release in Oct, with rare photo's. this article is by the writer from LIFE mag who was on set... great great article...

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU1006/S00195.htm

Special Michael Jackson Programming Line-Up

Wednesday, 16 June 2010, 1:52 pm
Press Release: MTV NZ
MTV New Zealand Plans Special Michael Jackson Programming Line-Up To Air 25 & 26 June

Premiere Superfan Vignettes And Encore Presentations Of “Michael Jackson: Human Nature,” “Michael Jackson’s Influence Of Music” And “Michael Jackson’s Top 10 Video Countdown”

[June 16, 2010 – Auckland, New Zealand] – Starting 25 June on MTV New Zealand, Michael Jackson fans will be able to catch encore presentations of some of MTV’s most iconic King of Pop programming as well as specially produced superfan video vignettes. MTV New Zealand’s Michael Jackson-themed programming will air on June 25 & 26 and feature superfan spots of MJ’s iconic moonwalk and fan favourites “Michael Jackson: Human Nature,” “Michael Jackson’s Influence of Music,” and “Michael Jackson’s Top 10 Video Countdown.”

MJ Moonwalk Vignettes
Over 20 years ago, Michael Jackson unveiled his signature moonwalk to millions of people and made dance floor history. Now MJ fans will get a chance to express their appreciation for the King of Pop with their own interpretations of the famous floating-on-air move – which will be featured in a series of powerful, commemorative spots.

“Michael Jackson: Human Nature”
This half-hour special sheds light on Michael Jackson the person through a series of anecdotes from those who actually knew him and/or spent time with him. These stories will speak less to the influential entertainment icon and more to the real man who impacted those who knew him as a wonderful human being.

“Michael Jackson’s Influence of Music”
This is a 60-minute collection of videos by many of the top artists in music who are in some way inspired by Michael Jackson - from choreography, to fashion, to actual reinterpretations of Michael songs. His impact on the game was huge! During each video there will be scrolled messages about Michael from many of the artists featured, along with interesting trivia. At different points throughout the special, several of the featured artists will also appear in short interview moments discussing MJ and his impact on their life and art.

“Michael Jackson’s Top 10 Video Countdown”
This 90 minute special counts down MJ's top 10 video as determined by the amount of times each video has been viewed by our audience on mtv.com. There will be fun facts and trivia relevant to each video scrolled during their appearance on the list, and running in between the videos will be rare Michael MTV interview moments where he discusses many of the songs featured. In addition, viewers will get to see some of Michael's incredible VMA performances of many of the songs on this list.

“Michael Jackson’s Top 10 Video Countdown” screens on MTV NZ, June 25th at 8.30pm
“Michael Jackson: Human Nature” screens on MTV NZ, June 26th at 5.00pm
“Michael Jackson’s Influence of Music” screens on MTV NZ, June 26th at 9.00pm

ends

The cover price is $6.99, WalMart is selling it for $6.29
http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/node/851217

30660_135784096437302_100000171364843_413784_6374330_n.jpg

IMG00798-20100615-1122.jpg

IMG00795-20100615-1121.jpg

Indian magazine Blender has MJ on cover with the title one year on... Still he king

Did mj really wear that leopard skin shirt and gold pants

I just saw news of the world have a special in their newspaper on sunday i think...Ironic really being a tabloid so who knows what it will be like..The cover looked good

thanks for the Stern mag info... please keep the magazine info coming everyone! thanks!

and to answer the question.. yes MJ posed in gold for photographer Herb Ritts in the promotion dangerous.

vanity Fair July has Liz Taylor on cover for sure, as there is ONLY a US issue and no other version just the one issue,
It's july she is at the beach in a white bikini, from the 50's or so...
MJ article is in support of the 4 days of Thriller book due for release in Oct, with rare photo's. this article is by the writer from LIFE mag who was on set... great great article...

Well that is strange, 'cos my eyesight is good enough to drive ( no crashes yet) and my Vanity Fair cover definitely has Dakota Fanning etc on the cover and it mentions the thriller article on the cover too...see link below:

http://www.vanityfair.co.uk/

.. Apologies - already posted
Unless I am seeing things (LOL) 'Paris Match' (French language mag ) 17th -23rd June has MJ3 on the cover and an article about them 'one year on'. it has photos of MJ3 in karate gear (from April 2010) and about 3 pages of text...various quotes from 'Terriblerelli' and a quick quote on Katherine and Jo from the 'News of the world'. It say MJ3 haven't been to Forest Lawn since Sept 09...but in light of the other quotes, not sure how reliable any of it is.

(very nice photo of MJ in 'The book' pose (photo not painting)...holding a diary from 1987, but pic is from 1989.

http://www.parismatch.com/
( MJ2 on the cover...(oops, edit ) at the Grammys. P Match is available in UK from large branches of WH Smith - got mine from London Victoria Station.)

Last edited:
Hi
I thought it would be good to list the MJ anniversary Magazine Cover/book etc here...

(I thought if the moderators agree (and don't have me hunted down :- ) ) we could list the name of the magazine, the date and what the article is about. Same with book, title plus date of issue)

MJ MJ anniversary Magazine Cover/book etc here...

-Vanity Fair July (with Liz Taylor on the cover) Have a Thriller video making article.

-Rhythm Magazine (July has Mj on cover with interview with all his drummers)

-June 20th issue of The News Of The World will have an MJ tribute magazine and exclusive photo's.

The Rhythm magazine article mentions 'Sugarfoot' coming to London to play in a tribute concert...does anyone know when this is?

hi all, there will be a special commemorative Billboard magazine for MJ fans!! yay!
First, have alook at the 'awesome' cover!
[imglink]http://www.billboard.com/photos/stylus/108596-michael_jackson_illustration_617_409.jpg[/imglink]

Then, have a read through a small part of the very 'fair' and 'honest' article!
The African-American community, too, has re-embraced Jackson, whose skin bleaching, sexual ambiguity and crossover dreams had alienated some of his staunchest supporters: Just last week, when Harlem's prestigious Schomburg Center for Research held a symposium on Jackson titled "After the Dance: Conversations on Michael Jackson's Black America," the assembled scholars and writers declared the space a "***** *****-free zone."

And, of course, artists from all musical backgrounds have paid genuine and loving tribute to Jackson, from Will.i.am posting a video on his blog thanking Jackson for his music, to John Mayer, who told People magazine, "We don't have to reconcile the Michael Jackson we love with another Michael Jackson. In a way, he has returned to pristine condition in death. We can be free now for the rest of our lives to love the Michael Jackson we used to love."

lastly, here's the link to the full article for all the masochist!

^^^^The information is already in the tabloid section.

PS: The article is NOT fair. It's a piece of trash.

^^^^The information is already in the tabloid section.

PS: The article is NOT fair. It's a piece of trash.

Why is it in the tabloid section? This is an article from the trustworthy and respected Billboard magazine, isn't it?

You're kidding, right?

Have you read the racism article?
yes I'm just being sarcastic. Just to make a point! and to point out to those who do not believe that there's racist and jealousy hate against MJ by these white trash media like reuters, billboard, forbes etc!

^^^^^^Thanks MKGenie. Can You translate what is written on the cover (if it is something different for what is written in English)?

yes I'm just being sarcastic. Just to make a point! and to point out to those who do not believe that there's racist and jealousy hate against MJ by these white trash media like reuters, billboard, forbes etc!

Sorry. I can not stand these losers self-proclaimed "journalists".

How about this for an idea... we post info on the mags and books, newspapers etc which are available for the anniversary and let EACH fan decide themselves if they want it or not, I would hate to miss out on something becasue someone else didn't like it...

Just because we list it, does NOT mean we support the mags views... i think we are all old enough to know what is true and not about MJ, and if we hide from negative comments how can we expect to fight against them!

ok love the mags listed so far thanks all! is time or newsweek, people, and entertainment weekly, planning anything.
I see the next issue of Rolling Stone (after current the Jay Z cover) is due out on June 25... perhaps they will do something?

Last edited:
Back