The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Did Michael recorded song called somewhere in time
🤣🤣🤣
… jumps right in after Saka21 states that the firmware jokes are annoying.
I congratulate you on your awesome timing!
I can assure you, yeah he recorded that one.
Of course with a good amount of angry vocals & his head dancing!! 😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣
… jumps right in after Saka21 states that the firmware jokes are annoying.
I congratulate you on your awesome timing!
I can assure you, yeah he recorded that one.
Of course with a good amount of angry vocals & his head dancing!! 😂😂😂
,hhhh

Now that the bad seed has been removed. Let's keep the conversation going

I hope we get to hear the demo to Eaten Alive one day. Michael recorded it around May 1985

What happened here is that Diana Ross’s friend Michael Jackson listened to the demos, and decided that ‘Eaten Alive’ needed something else in it. Barry offered to share credit with Michael if he wanted to supply what was missing. Michael took away a cassette of the demo and sent a tape back a few days later. Maurice later described this new demo as Michael singing and playing keyboard with a drum machine. The second copyright registration, June 1, bears the note ‘words and music in the choruses have been completely rewritten’.

Honestly what songs do you guys wish were replaced and added into from the invincible era into invincible?

Now that the bad seed has been removed. Let's keep the conversation going

I hope we get to hear the demo to Eaten Alive one day. Michael recorded it around May 1985

What happened here is that Diana Ross’s friend Michael Jackson listened to the demos, and decided that ‘Eaten Alive’ needed something else in it. Barry offered to share credit with Michael if he wanted to supply what was missing. Michael took away a cassette of the demo and sent a tape back a few days later. Maurice later described this new demo as Michael singing and playing keyboard with a drum machine. The second copyright registration, June 1, bears the note ‘words and music in the choruses have been completely rewritten’.
A full MJ demo of Eaten Alive would be brilliant. That song has so much life and energy as it is, I can only imagine what it'd be if Mike was on lead vocals. His voice was magic in the early Bad era

Honestly what songs do you guys wish were replaced and added into from the invincible era into invincible?
Honestly, I would've enjoyed the record more if Michael had stuck with the 97-99 material. Not that the final config doesn't have some solid tracks, though.

@threepea11 This topic could make a cool thread on its own, if there isn't one already. I usually stick to this one. lol.

Last edited:
On a similar note, what if Michael had released a record of Victory/Captain EO-era material instead of Bad ?

Dream Away, Liberian Girl, Buffalo Bill, Chicago 1945, Be Not Always, Another Part Of Me, etc.

Not saying it would be superior, but it's interesting to think about, imo.
That's what I hoped for.....an album in 1985/1986. The material was there and I believe we would've gotten it if it wasn't for that E.T. hiccup

Abortion Papers
Al Capone
I'm So Blue
Free
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
Another Part of Me
Dirty Diana
Liberian Girl
Buffalo Bill
Dream Away
Streetwalker

these are just a few songs that were complete between 1983 and 1986.

So apparently MJ recorded up to 8 tracks with production duo Tim & Bob for the Invincible album in Marvin's Room (John McClain's studio in LA). 3 of them with FULL MJ vocals!

The producer also mentions additional unreleased tracks worked for Invincible by Rodney Jerkins, Dallas Austin and others.

He also claims he wrote the beat (drums) for This Time Around for the HIStory album but didn't recieve any credits because he was smaller name in the industry than Dallas.

↑ And Tim also says he wouldn't mind handing over those songs to the estate. That's all amazing to hear. I knew GYWOOM couldn't be the only remaining song from the Invincible era, there had to be more songs out there that we didn't know about given the insane amount of collaborators MJ was working with at the time. I'll bet there's still more songs that we're yet to discover.

So apparently MJ recorded up to 8 tracks with production duo Tim & Bob for the Invincible album in Marvin's Room (John McClain's studio in LA). 3 of them with FULL MJ vocals!

The producer also mentions additional unreleased tracks worked for Invincible by Rodney Jerkins, Dallas Austin and others.

He also claims he wrote the beat (drums) for This Time Around for the HIStory album but didn't recieve any credits because he was smaller name in the industry than Dallas.
I was wondering why Invincible randomly cited Marvin's Room as a studio when the only confirmed track recorded there was "Hot Fun In The Summertime"

Well this is interesting. I've heard of Tim & Bob. I'm a fan of Donell Jones (R&B singer) and Tim & Bob did some nice production on his Journey of a Gemini album.

I was convinced there was practically nothing left from the Invincible sessions, so 3-4 completed tracks is great to hear!!

Anyway I made a list of all the remaining Invincible outtakes that we know of with all the new info/leaks we got in the last couple of years. Let me know if I missed anything.

Recorded (This is for any song recorded, whether it was just a verse, a chorus, a line or if it was fully recorded):
Monster
Girls, Girls, Girls
Just A Love In My Life
Ekam Satyam
7 Tim & Bob Uptempo tracks
1 Tim & Bob Ballad
Possible Paralympics 1999/2000 Single? (Source:
Adore You
Thank Heaven

Writer Demos:
I Love You More
Jungle City
Rise Above It All
You Don't Love Me
Shut Up And Dance
Blue Powder
25 demos made by Dr Freeze (Dr Freeze mentioned on an interview that he made over 30 songs for MJ but he only sent 5 for him. There's a channel that posted an amount of Dr Freeze songs saying they were made for MJ, maybe they're some of the songs Dr Freeze had mentioned? https://www.youtube.com/@mjsitspaybacktimealbum2004)

Instrumental:
Photographs
That
Colorblind
2 Unknown Instrumental grooves (the other 2 snippets posted on jackson.ch channel)

Unknown:
Apocalypse Now (John Robinson mentioned it as being a song he worked on for Invincible but he previously had said it was made for Bad. A bit uncertain on this one.)
Oh Yeah (Mentioned by the writer of Shout on an interview)
Bio
Hanson

The more info we gather, the more Invincible just seems like an odd period. It seems like that album could've been so much better. I'm not sure what MJ was going through during this time period.
And that there was no one else around to stop him from releasing that album..

wasn't it because he presented an album to sony in 1999 and they didnt like it?
Maybe. But also, listening to that interview just posted with Tim from Tim & Bob, he mentions DeVante having some ideas/music and MJ just never getting back to him. Frustrating to the point that DeVante just gave up on MJ and walked away from working with him. I guess what I am trying to get at, MJ just didn't seem really into it during this time period.

And let's not forget the Neptunes and all the music they had ready to go. But I guess that never made it to MJ's ear.

Maybe. But also, listening to that interview just posted with Tim from Tim & Bob, he mentions DeVante having some ideas/music and MJ just never getting back to him. Frustrating to the point that DeVante just gave up on MJ and walked away from working with him. I guess what I am trying to get at, MJ just didn't seem really into it during this time period.

And let's not forget the Neptunes and all the music they had ready to go. But I guess that never made it to MJ's ear.
Are yoy the member who said your going to the USCO? What are your plans?

Back