Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I thought he posted the song on SoundCloud a few years ago. Didn't know it was a leak.
I thought so too.

Bill Bottrell on X:
This is me writing a song for M. to hear and think about.
The vocals are mine. There are no lyrics except the hooks. This is one way M. and I worked.
He didn't come back to Bahrain to sing it.

I can't imagine who could have leaked it.
Here is Bill Botrell's tweet:

These are the only songs that I have doubts about, both in terms of information and veracity:

Attitude
A Deeper Love
All I Need
Angel
Bassouille
Belong 2
Bomb Detonation - According to the wiki, this song was made in Bahrain.
Dead or Alive
Destruction - According to the wiki, it was supposed to be another duet with Janet.
Do You Love Me
Do You Wan't Me
Easy
The Gloved One
Halloween Night - According to this wiki, this song "was recorded in 2004 and features Slash on the guitar solo".

Kick It
The Pain
Rich Girl - Is it true that Brad Buxer and Michael Prince confirmed that this song was recorded when Michael was with Lisa Marie Presley?

Remember this Night - Registered with ASCAP as a collaboration with Paul McCartney

Wonderful World of Candy - I know the song has basically become a meme in the community, but I wanted to know some real information about it.

Apart from that, I don't have any more questions, I guess.

Attitude is real and cowritten with Kathy Wakefield
Angel was worked on with Babyface

The rest always came off as fake to me.

These are the only songs that I have doubts about, both in terms of information and veracity:

Attitude
A Deeper Love
All I Need
Angel
Bassouille
Belong 2
Bomb Detonation - According to the wiki, this song was made in Bahrain.
Dead or Alive
Destruction - According to the wiki, it was supposed to be another duet with Janet.
Do You Love Me
Do You Wan't Me
Easy
The Gloved One
Halloween Night - According to this wiki, this song "was recorded in 2004 and features Slash on the guitar solo".

Kick It
The Pain
Rich Girl - Is it true that Brad Buxer and Michael Prince confirmed that this song was recorded when Michael was with Lisa Marie Presley?

Remember this Night - Registered with ASCAP as a collaboration with Paul McCartney

Wonderful World of Candy - I know the song has basically become a meme in the community, but I wanted to know some real information about it.

Apart from that, I don't have any more questions, I guess.
Wonderful World of Candy allegedly has a full vocal recorded and is one of the few unleaked songs left in a near-releasable state. 2 versions exist- solo version and duet.

Wonderful World of Candy allegedly has a full vocal recorded and is one of the few unleaked songs left in a near-releasable state. 2 versions exist- solo version and duet.
Was this ever on the radar for a posthumous album? I'm kinda worried it's too much of a kids' tune, not far off from Seeing Voices.

Was this ever on the radar for a posthumous album? I'm kinda worried it's too much of a kids' tune, not far off from Seeing Voices.
It probably was, someone here asked Nisha Kataria about the song and she said that she tried to release her version but wasn't given permission by the estate. It wouldn't make sense for them to not allow her to release the song since they allowed Drake and Barry Gibbs to release their duets, so that has to mean that they have their own plans to release the song eventually.

It probably was, someone here asked Nisha Kataria about the song and she said that she tried to release her version but wasn't given permission by the estate. It wouldn't make sense for them to not allow her to release the song since they allowed Drake and Barry Gibbs to release their duets, so that has to mean that they have their own plans to release the song eventually.
Is there any way she could sing it live? Like on a instagram livestream?

Eh, not really lol. But I meant sonically it's very Disney-esque, dreamy, the instrumental would fit in an animated children's movie.
Haha I understand!
Off topic: but imo 'Seeing Voices' could have used even more 'Disney' instrumentation and choirs! Maybe even a video with MJ helped by birds and deers lol. I think it's a petty he used so little Disney references for someone that was such a great fan of it

And unfortunately the song will still not be in his future musical project.

Is there any way she could sing it live? Like on a instagram livestream?
Maybe? I mean, Shana Mangatal showed unreleased content on her livestreams many times and nothing ever happened to her. Same for Rodney Jerkins. Wouldn't hurt if someone asked her to show a snippet or for her to sing a part of the song.

Last edited:
Maybe? I mean, Shana Mangatal showed unreleased content on her livestreams many times and nothing ever happened to her. Same for Rodney Jerkins. Wouldn't hurt if someone asked her to show a snippet or for her to sing a part of the song.
Everything Rodney has showed wasn't sung by mj so he's legally allowed to, as for Shana on the other hand I just don't think the estate cares about a couple of LQ snippets of mumble demos.

Bill Bottrell on X:

Oh boy. Lots going on here.

I'll think carefully about what to tell.

But as to versions of Monkey Business:

That released version was not particularly any version of distinction. (me-I've never like that version)
Released (like certain other rare tracks) without informing me and without a stamped and approved final mix. they just used that one for some reason.

In this video you see me and assistant Julie Last and assistant (fill me in friend! It's been awhile!) working on breaks and some very interesting bass whomps.

I'm sure there's a 2 track recording and - from the camera's sound- I'm liking what I'm doing there.

If one extracts the date stamp from the video and matches a 2 track analog tape from the archive we would all have a waaayy better version of MB.

I know I'd be happier.

If that doesn't work. It so happened that B.S. had stashed a DAT machine hidden in the equipment racks. During this time that machine was running as long as I was working in the control room.
I would forgive all the weird shit that went down in latter days at Larrabee if we all could find a Monkey Business version as exciting as we seem to hear on this vid

Bill Bottrell on X:

I know M. had a safe and supportive situation there with Prince Abdulla and a ready recording studio complete with a cool team: Matt and Adrian.
Myself and my programmer drummer from LA, Brian Macleod got straight to work assuming M. would show up soon.
We got 6 songs started similar to "Why Can't You Hear Me?" - lyrics, bridges and breaks waiting for M.
I can't speak to M.'s state at the time, I know he was pulled many directions including some sketches with Will I Am in Scotland.
I'll never know how it might have gone if he stayed in Bahrain.

Bill Bottrell on X:

I know M. had a safe and supportive situation there with Prince Abdulla and a ready recording studio complete with a cool team: Matt and Adrian.
Myself and my programmer drummer from LA, Brian Macleod got straight to work assuming M. would show up soon.
We got 6 songs started similar to "Why Can't You Hear Me?" - lyrics, bridges and breaks waiting for M.
I can't speak to M.'s state at the time, I know he was pulled many directions including some sketches with Will I Am in Scotland.
I'll never know how it might have gone if he stayed in Bahrain.
These are the sorts of songs that can go to Bruno Mars or be put on a tribute album. These writers demoes that never got any MJ vocals. We need more catchy classic music.

Not Dream Away though.

Back