Leona Lewis punched at book signing

bowen9999

Proud Member
Poor girl. :no:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8307616.stm

Police have arrested a man over an alleged assault on 2006 X Factor winner Leona Lewis at a book signing. A Scotland Yard spokesman said police were called to Waterstones book store at Piccadilly, London, but Lewis did not need hospital treatment.
Lewis's spokesman said the singer had been signing autographs for around 90 minutes when "a guy came up and punched her to the side of the head".
The spokesman added that Lewis was "understandably badly shaken".
In a statement, Waterstones said: "There was an incident at our Leona Lewis signing this afternoon and the event was immediately stopped.
"We are now doing everything we can to support the police in their enquiries."
Lewis had been signing copies of her new autobiography, Dreams, which is due to be released next month.
One fan at the scene told the BBC: "My brother saw the whole incident. He [the attacker] walked up there with the book, she signed it and, as she looked up, he just punched her.
"He [my brother] actually heard the impact."
Another eyewitness added: "She was running out with her hand over her eye and I just saw a man on the floor.
"Suddenly the security all jumped on him and they were trying to pull him out and he was just laughing, he thought it was funny."
Lewis's spokesman added: "The police were called immediately and medical attention has been sought.
"Leona's understandably badly shaken and apologises to the fans she was unable to meet and complete signings for."

I remember a few years ago, a guy spit out his tobacco on Jane Fonda at a book signing.

I heard she was slapped..either way.. why would you do that? why buy a book/cd whatever to get it signed and then hit the person? Thats crazy.

I heard she was slapped..either way.. why would you do that? why buy a book/cd whatever to get it signed and then hit the person? Thats crazy.

Mark Chapman bought a record for John Lennon to sign and then shot him.

crazy people slap, punch, kill people everyday, celebs or not.
he probably had done it to other people already. a nut.

:despair

WTF is wrong with people, why would anyone want to hurt her?
I just can't understand what went through his mind?!

1xposure_leona_crying-0022__oPt.jpg

Leona Lewis is such a sweet heart. :(
What a jackass that man is. Seriously, what kind of world is this...

Another eyewitness added: "She was running out with her hand over her eye and I just saw a man on the floor.
"Suddenly the security all jumped on him and they were trying to pull him out and he was just laughing, he thought it was funny."
Lewis's spokesman added: "The police were called immediately and medical attention has been sought.
"Leona's understandably badly shaken and apologises to the fans she was unable to meet and complete signings for."

The laughing part makes me wonder if he is mentally ill. Today in FL we had a news report about some teens who set a boy on fire and a policeman who said that they were laughing and happy about it. This guy and those teens are something else. :no:

Hearing how such a Lovely person like Leona Lewis was so savagely attacked makes me just want to go fucking nuts at this guy and see how he would like it.

Seriously whats wrong with this fucked up world?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!

The laughing part makes me wonder if he is mentally ill. Today in FL we had a news report about some teens who set a boy on fire and a policeman who said that they were laughing and happy about it. This guy and those teens are something else. :no:

Of course no sane person would do anything like that.
It's like, for me I just can put together how anyone could act like that - how does a person think that unprovoked hits anyone?!
It's like the whole Chris Brown thing, I just can't understand what makes a person to tic like that.
I mean, who wakes up one morning and goes; "Oh today I'm gonna get Leona Lewis book and while I'm on it I might as well slap her over the face".
A person that does anything like that must carry strong hate.

I saw this as a trending topic on Twitter, god theres some crazy people on this Earth, i hope shes alright.

I heard about this too. Some people are crazy!! I hope she is ok.

oh nooo!! I love Leona.She is such a sweet person and very shy and nice.Its just heartbreaking!!Ive seen her on Xfactor and she is not a very strong person,she is just adorable.It sux that this happened to her and it sux that many awful things will happened to her..with the paparazzi,the press and all the greedy and evil people..See what happened to Michael.Poor thing.:sigh:

Back