Lawsuit about cancelled MJ Auction moves forward

LaPointe is a collector. He also owns the biggest collection of Beatles-Memorabilia.

It is better, LaPointe gets something from Michael's property than Howard Mann or somebody who auctions it with ebay.

La point will treat the things honourably, I think so.

I don't think the auction was pulled to make more money at a later date. I think MJ was auctioning off his stuff because he just plain needed the money. It's no secret he had a large debt.
mj had recently b4 that refinanced and because of that had $25mill cash in hand aswell as rearranging his debts so they would have been paid off by 2011. its kinds ridiculous to think that mj having an auction that would have made a few million $ at the most was done becasue he needed the money. the money made from the auction would have been tiny and would have made no difference to anything. even more so when he had just refinanced. and the concerts being agreed to in late 08 and the fact the auction was pulled. i guess elton john and others must be dead broke considering all the auctions they have. oh i guess that rule only applies to mj.

mj had recently b4 that refinanced and because of that had $25mill cash in hand aswell as rearranging his debts so they would have been paid off by 2011. its kinds ridiculous to think that mj having an auction that would have made a few million $ at the most was done becasue he needed the money. the money made from the auction would have been tiny and would have made no difference to anything. even more so when he had just refinanced.and the fact the auction was pulled. i guess elton john and others must be dead broke considering all the auctions they have. oh i guess that rule only applies to mj.
exactly..

mj had recently b4 that refinanced and because of that had $25mill cash in hand aswell as rearranging his debts so they would have been paid off by 2011. its kinds ridiculous to think that mj having an auction that would have made a few million $ at the most was done becasue he needed the money. the money made from the auction would have been tiny and would have made no difference to anything. even more so when he had just refinanced. and the concerts being agreed to in late 08 and the fact the auction was pulled. i guess elton john and others must be dead broke considering all the auctions they have. oh i guess that rule only applies to mj.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Exactly!!!!! Celebrities have auctions all the time but when MJ does one, which he cancels, its 'oh, he must be broke.' Typical media BS.

Julien's won the case. Now I'm curious about why the estate settled.

JULIENS AUCTIONS VINDICATED -- WINS CASE AGAINST FRENCH CANADIAN'S CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES IN MICHAEL JACKSON NEVERLAND AUCTION
LOS ANGELES , California -- 04 April 2011

click to enlarge
Michael Jackson Public Exhibition Five Catalog Box Set from Julien's Auction.
(ArtfixDaily.com)
In a ruling today by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald M. Sohigian, Julien's Auctions, the world's premier celebrity estate and memorabilia auction house located in Beverly Hills has won a major victory today in a case brought by French Canadian Richard LaPointe who claimed to be a collector of Michael Jackson and Beatles related memorabilia.
A jury completely absolved Julien's Auctions of any wrong doing alleged by the plaintiff Richard LaPointe and found that the plaintiff’s case had no merit whatsoever. LaPointe claimed he was emotionally damaged because of a cancelled auction related to Michael Jackson.
LaPointe originally placed absentee bids which totaled $6,500 for 14 items including large bronzes of children.
Julien's Auctions came to an agreement with Michael Jackson in April of 2009 to cancel the Neverland Auction at the request of Jackson himself. The auction never took place and was cancelled prior to any auction date.
LaPointe's attorney, Nicholas Hornberger claimed his client had been financially damaged $126 million as a result of not buying the items prior to Michael Jackson's passing for the noted $6,500 absentee bid.
In a statement, Darren Julien, President of Julien's Auctions, said, "It is opportunists like Mr. Richard LaPointe and his attorney Nicholas Hornberger that fill up our courts and the valuable time of our judges with frivolous and malicious lawsuits against individuals and companies who work hard to make an honest living. Our reputation stands on its own and we have every intention to pursue Mr. LaPointe and Mr. Nicholas Hornberger for malicious prosecution and all court and attorney costs.
Julien's Auctions will continue to utilize every effort within our legal system to protect the business but most importantly those partners and clients who know and trust us. We are happy that justice does indeed prevail in the end."
Julien’s Auctions was represented at trial by Miles J. Feldman and Sonia Y. Lee of Raines Feldman LLP.

http://artfixdaily.com/artwire/rele...dicated----wins-case-against-french-canadians

Good for Julien!! I want them to go after this character for all expenses. Now it is a pity about the Estate. I wonder what ruled their decision.

Back