Larry King LIVE on CNN now! 6/26/09

wendy2004

Proud Member
Miko Brando will talk about the last 2 days he saw Michael before his death

Miko:

He believes it may have been a heart attack as originally said.

MJ had been at the Staples Center the night before rehearsing til 12 or 12:30 midnight.
MJ was eating, drinking orange juice and hot tea
Michael was going over video footage of backstage going ons (my note: possibly for a behind the scenes doco)

The kids are devastated; He's not sure it's really hit them yet about MJ's death.

His father Marlon and MJ were best friends. They were opposites but loved each other; were fond of each other . MJ looked after his father in the last years of his life. Marlon would do anything for MJ and did...he gave MJ some acting lessons.

Miko was the one who put out the fire on MJ's head during the Pepsi accident. And MJ felt he was always indebted to him for saving his life.

More to come...

Liza:
She got a call at 2am by a lawyer telling her that MJ went into cardiac arrest. MJ had complained of having chest pains!

Liza:

He was great man and friend...a wonderful person. It hasn't hit her yet that he's gone. She can't believe it.

SHe met MJ when he was 5. MJ was never allowed to be a kid.

She drew similarities between her Mom (Judy Garland) and MJ except her Mom had a regular private life and she's not sure MJ had that.

MJ was the best man at her wedding to David Guest. She asked MJ why he didn't say anything to her about marrying David. And he joked with her that he thought she knew! lol

MJ's greatness was that he changed showbizness. MJ grew and grew, learning from the best. He changed history and nothing will be the same after him.

Miko:

MJ was his best friend, like a brother. (Miko's choking up)
MJ is the godfather to his daughter. It was hard to tell her. They cried together.
Miko was going to go on tour with him.
-----

omg...so sad watching this. :(

Larry reads a statement from Elizabeth Taylor (all taken from her twitter page)

We’ll be continuing our coverage on the latest in the tragic death of “The King Of Pop,” Michael Jackson – and we’ve got his friends paying tribute to him – tune in tonight to hear from Liza Minnelli, Quincy Jones, Usher, Miko Brando and others!
art.michael.jackson.gi.jpg

Here’s what they’ve had to say so far on Michael’s passing:
Liza Minnelli says: “He was a kind, genuine, and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life.”
Quincy Jones had this to say, “I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don’t have the words. Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80’s. To this day, the music we created together on “Off The Wall,” “Thriller” and “Bad” is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all…talent, grace, professionalism and dedication. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever.”

Quincy: By phone

It's surreal. He almost collapsed when he heard the news. He was on his way to London to see him. He can't believe it.

MJ was the most professional person he's ever worked with.

Tells the story of how MJ and he first worked together on The Wiz. The record company didn't want Q to work with MJ cuz he was too jazzy.

MJ was a perfectionist and so was he. Together they were dangerous.
MJ was one of the hardest workers. They worked on Thriller and ET Storybook at the same time.

LIza:
Quincy asks her how she's doing. She says she's stunned.
Everybody adored MJ.

Larry reads a statement from Diana Ross where she says she can't stop crying. :(

____

My note: Anyone have this statement on here yet? I havent seen it and Larry read it too fast for me to catch

THey show tape of Jermaine from a past interview where he says Michael was unique from day one. And they saw MJ sing for the first time at an elementary school function.

Usher: (in Paris sitting next to Liza)

It was surreal. He was in denial. He didn't trust the media at first cuz they lie about MJ so much.

He's very sad and has a heavy heart. He wishes his family well, specifically MJ's kids. He wishes MJ's fans well.

MJ influenced him. MJ was a vessel for great work and did it well while he was here on earth.

Quincy:

MJ was never difficult to work with. He danced while he sang. MJ and his souls were attached for a long time professionally.

--
Larry reads a statement released by Tina Turner. He reads these too fast for me just before he goes to commercial. sorry. Maybe this is in the celebrity statements thread already.

in 1988 MJ called him to do some meditation. MJ was like Magic.
His son travelled with MJ during Dangerous tour and there was nothing to be concerned about.

He tells the story again about MJ asking him for a prescription during a week MJ stayed with him after the trial. Claims he felt MJ was an addict for pain management.

Miko:
Admits MJ took meds but it wasn't anyting more than others would take. He didn't binge...maybe not take them everyday.

Miko seems to not really want to talk about the subject which is understandable.

Larry reads Lisa's blog about MJ predicting he'd die like her father. Deepak says MJ said something about dying like Elvis and not going out like Marlon Brando.

(Ouch...with Miko sitting right there. oy)

Usher:
Never got the impression from MJ felt his life on earth would be short. He knew a different Michael and didn't focus on the media created one.

(about 10 more minutes left now) ^^

Mark Geragos is on.:

Finally ppl are focusing on MJ's acheivements.
He'll never forget the day MJ jumped on the car. He and Brafman were shocked that MJ had enuf agility to hop onto of the car. They were tying to get him to come down. They had a sense of humor about it afterwards.

___
Liza seems upset about something. She seems to be upset about Geragos talking about the trial or the reporters who were saying MJ was trying to flee off the plane on the day of his arrest.
She is pissed but thanks Geragos for helping in the trial.
Says Michael was innocent.

Back