Lady GaGa: “I Have One Of The Greatest Voices In The Industry”

billyworld99

Proud Member
It seems that success finally gone to Lady GaGa’s head. In her recent interview with Vogue magazine, the singer boldly declared that she has “one of the greatest voices in the industry” and that she is “one of the greatest songwriters” in the game today.

However, GaGa didn’t stop there. While continuing to boast about her own talents, she went even further by slamming her fellow performers who choose to lip-sync on stage. Look below for all the details:

“Speaking purely from a musical standpoint, I think I am a great performer. I am a talented entertainer,” the singer tells the March issue of Vogue magazine. “I consider myself to have one of the greatest voices in the industry. I consider myself to be one of the greatest songwriters. I wouldn’t say that I am one of the greatest dancers, but I am really quite good at what I do.”

“It’s so funny when people say, ‘It’s amazing to see how hard you work.’ We’re supposed to work hard!” she says. “I have the world at my fingertips. I am not going to saunter around the stage doing pelvic thrusts and lip-synching. That’s not at all why I am in this.”

“Nothing has changed since I have become a star,” she says. “I am a real family girl. When it comes to love and loyalty, I am very old-fashioned. And I am quite down-to-earth for such an eccentric person.” {Source}

This is yet another example of how artists cross the thin line between being confident in their abilities and being blatantly arrogant. Although GaGa is certainly a competent performer, singer and songwriter, she has gone far beyond herself in thinking that she is one of the best in the industry.

There are several vocalists in the game today – Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Brandy and Jill Scott – who could easily outsing GaGa on any stage (even on their worst days). Furthermore, given the tendency of her lyrics to be perceived as shallow and sometimes quite confusing, her songwriting skills are hardly poetic – “walk, walk fashion baby. Work it, move that bitch c-razy”
http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/02/lady-gaga-greatest-voices-industry/#more-30439

billyworld99;3239606 said:
“Speaking purely from a musical standpoint, I think I am a great performer. I am a talented entertainer,” the singer tells the March issue of Vogue magazine. “I consider myself to have one of the greatest voices in the industry. I consider myself to be one of the greatest songwriters. I wouldn’t say that I am one of the greatest dancers, but I am really quite good at what I do.”

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/02/lady-gaga-greatest-voices-industry/#more-30439
:smilerolleyes:

:girl_whistle:

Yes, she has a nice voice...... nothing more. -_-

LOL, I just wrote in another thread about her "it is undeniable that she has a great voice (and songwriting skills), one of the best in the industry right now imo." So I kinda agree with her... but I can't stand it when artists pat themselves on the back like that, it's so unappealing. If you're truly great, you don't have to keep reminding people of that, they'll know it when they hear you. She set the bar really high for herself by making these bold statements (she also said her new album will be the best of the decennium), it's almost impossible to live up to her own self-proclaimed standards. She better come up with something mind-blowing or critics will put her on blast when her new album comes out.

You guys think that Lady Gaga has a great voice? I think it's OK - it gets the job done in her songs, but I've never heard her sing and thought "wow, her voice is great" like I have with other artists.

I like Gaga, but she really needs to keep things in perspective. In 20 years, are people going to be listening to her songs, like Poker Face, Bad Romance, Telephone, and Just Dance because they're great songs? I doubt it. People might listen to them for nostalgia, but that's about it.

You guys think that Lady Gaga has a great voice? I think it's OK - it gets the job done in her songs, but I've never heard her sing and thought "wow, her voice is great" like I have with other artists.

Well, I used to say the same thing. Her voice sounds nothing special in her songs so (like I said in another thread) I was rather skeptical of her vocal abilities. But listen to this, recorded before she became famous:

[youtube]NM51qOpwcIM[/youtube]

She genuinly sounds good in this, her voice and style remind me of Norah Jones but I like her better. And these songs prove that is able to write deep and meaningful songs. Too bad she wastes her songwriting skills with lyrics like "let's have some fun, this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" -_-

I like Gaga, but she really needs to keep things in perspective. In 20 years, are people going to be listening to her songs, like Poker Face, Bad Romance, Telephone, and Just Dance because they're great songs? I doubt it. People might listen to them for nostalgia, but that's about it.

I doubt it too. She is going too fast with her "eccentricities" which imo are just a marketing tool, I mean look at that clip above of when she wasn't famous yet, she was just a normal girl. I don't see how she'll be able to shock the world in years to come when she has done so much already. I think people will get tired of her soon. Maybe then she will go back to her "real" self and be successful purely based on her talents, which she does have :)

... Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

LOL, I just wrote in another thread about her "it is undeniable that she has a great voice (and songwriting skills), one of the best in the industry right now imo." So I kinda agree with her... but I can't stand it when artists pat themselves on the back like that, it's so unappealing. If you're truly great, you don't have to keep reminding people of that, they'll know it when they hear you. She set the bar really high for herself by making these bold statements (she also said her new album will be the best of the decennium), it's almost impossible to live up to her own self-proclaimed standards. She better come up with something mind-blowing or critics will put her on blast when her new album comes out.

"Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your disco stick."

The Lost Child;3239764 said:
LOL :D
She's not humble, that's for sure.

lucilla;3239754 said:
“I Have One Of The Greatest Voices In The Industry”
the meat industry? :D
really....she sure does pat herself on the back....there really isn't any need in that....she should let her talent speak for itself.

Boy she is so modest lol. I like a few songs but I am not really a fan. Some songs I don't understand what it's about. Michael wouldn't talk like that in an interview.

...Too bad she wastes her songwriting skills with lyrics like "let's have some fun, this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" -_-

:hysterical: "In der Kuerze liegt die Wuerze."

I mean, why beat around the bush?? :smilerolleyes: Althought there are more poetic ways to say the same.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the skill set. Every time I see certain groups, I am still relieved that some people in the music business do exhibit a genuine skill set, namely that of a musician, not just the ability to sample the 'hottest beats'.

But it's really not very enticing to read announcements that read like the verbal face-offs between two boxers about to meet in a ring in Las Vegas.

Get over yourself Gaga :smilerolleyes:

lucilla;3239754 said:
“I Have One Of The Greatest Voices In The Industry”
the meat industry? :D

LOL :lol:

smoothcriminal12;3239774 said:
"Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your disco stick."

:lol:

Well, I used to say the same thing. Her voice sounds nothing special in her songs so (like I said in another thread) I was rather skeptical of her vocal abilities. But listen to this, recorded before she became famous:

[youtube]NM51qOpwcIM[/youtube]

She genuinly sounds good in this, her voice and style remind me of Norah Jones but I like her better. And these songs prove that is able to write deep and meaningful songs. Too bad she wastes her songwriting skills with lyrics like "let's have some fun, this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" -_-

Meh. I like her and she doesn't sound like a wounded animal when she's singing, but let's be real. Her voice is decent, her song lyrics are beyond stupid, and she would be, literally, nowhere as big had it not been for the image she and others help craft, because in reality her music doesn't even sound that much different from a lot of the other stuff I was hearing on the radio, except for some of the repetitions in the hook that reminded me of a lot of Europop/dance. She is good, but not to the point where it's all right for to be smelling her own farts as if they smell of roses.

I doubt it too. She is going too fast with her "eccentricities" which imo are just a marketing tool, I mean look at that clip above of when she wasn't famous yet, she was just a normal girl. I don't see how she'll be able to shock the world in years to come when she has done so much already. I think people will get tired of her soon. Maybe then she will go back to her "real" self and be successful purely based on her talents, which she does have :)

... Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

She tried just being herself at one point and it didn't work which is why she went in this direction in the first place.

Stefani Germanotta said:

No. Not really. Yeah, she can sing, and she can dance. That's pretty much about it. Her lyrics are completely shallow and, for the most part, devoid of any meaning whatsoever. I just love it when some of her fans try to defend her by claiming that those who criticize her nonexistent writing 'abilities' are just "not deep enough" to comprehend her 'genius.' [Yes, I have heard this before...] To that, I say, don't tell me I don't know what depth is--I have read many works by some of the world's greatest writers, whose poetry and prose truly are relevant, deep, and revolutionary. Those idiots wouldn't know depth if it danced naked in front of them, and then proceeded to smack them in the face with a sequined glove. I bet the lot of them haven't even heard of the likes of Victor Hugo, Nietzsche or John Milton.

As for her singing voice--that's pretty much her only real talent. Even then, it's nothing extraordinary, and certainly not "one of the best" in the industry. Ke$ha, in my opinion, sings better than Germanotta does. However, she isn't 'one of the best' either. I would place Christina Aguilera and Mariah Carey as being "some of the best" singers out there in the industry today.

Part of the reason why I can't really stomach Germanotta is because she takes herself so seriously, without having the necessary abilities to truly convey the image she <i>wishes</i> she could convey. She should just accept her fate and take her place among the more mediocre stock of singers today, which is where she truly belongs. Her songs are catchy--that's pretty much their only appeal. They're about as deep as a puddle, and the only people who truly swallow all the $#!t she says are some of her more deluded fans, who seriously give in to the whole "mother monster" thing, and resemble a cult of drugged out idiots above anything else. Truly spine-tingling. :|

Stefani Germanotta said:
“It’s so funny when people say, ‘It’s amazing to see how hard you work.’ We’re supposed to work hard!” she says. “I have the world at my fingertips. I am not going to saunter around the stage doing pelvic thrusts and lip-synching. That’s not at all why I am in this.”

It's amazing to see how hard you work, and how mediocre the results of said work are. :|

Stefani Germanotta said:
“Nothing has changed since I have become a star,” she says. “I am a real family girl. When it comes to love and loyalty, I am very old-fashioned.

When it comes to love and loyalty, I am very old-fashioned, yet I promote promiscuous/irresponsible behaviour in pretty much about every single one of my videos and songs. I am either mentally unbalanced, or a complete and total sellout. My inclination goes towards the latter.

Stefani Germanotta said:
...And I am quite down-to-earth for such an eccentric person.

She is neither down-to-earth [as this interview and countless others prove] nor eccentric. She is, however, a commercial tool. I take it as a personal insult that this woman dares to call herself eccentric--what, because she dresses funny? No, darling, that's not eccentric--that's just good old-fashioned attention whoring. True eccentrics are geniuses, far beyond their time, whose revolutionary ways are as of yet incomprehensible to the masses. They are the true shining stars of a generation--of an era, even. Michael Jackson was eccentric. Stefani Germanotta is just a common person whose false front fools only feeble-minded, impressionable teenagers with pedestrian tastes.

Meh. I like her and she doesn't sound like a wounded animal when she's singing, but let's be real. Her voice is decent, her song lyrics are beyond stupid, and she would be, literally, nowhere as big had it not been for the image she and others help craft, because in reality her music doesn't even sound that much different from a lot of the other stuff I was hearing on the radio, except for some of the repetitions in the hook that reminded me of a lot of Europop/dance. She is good, but not to the point where it's all right for to be smelling her own farts as if they smell of roses.

I agree. I'm not a fan of her in the least lol, I was just defending her (sort of) based on those two songs in the clip I posted from before she was famous. The lyrics of "Captivated" and "Electric Kiss" are quite good imo. The latter is rather ironic though, seeing where she is now:

"Fame is a felony, we're so in love with it
Superstars and masochists who don't know where to go
But the poets and the fighters of our time
Put down their weapons and their arms and know what they must do
They're gonna start a resistence for they want independence
They're gonna give the world solace"

Those lyrics are a hell of a lot better than anything she's released as "Lady Gaga". Also her voice sounds great there imo (much better than on her records, where her voice doesn't really stand out) and she obviously can play the piano, which is a plus for me. I don't question her musical abilities. I question what she does with them though. Imo her talent is going to waste with these clubdance songs, which to me all sound the same. I would love to hear her sing a ballad for once.

I agree that her music sounds very much like Europop. As a matter of fact, I was listening to Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) a few hours ago and I wrote this comment on the video lol:

This is the only Lady Gaga song I like. I guess it's because this song reminds? me of 1990s Europop and I grew up in that era, so it's kinda nostalgic for me lol :)

The song is pretty much a straight copy from Europop and she doesn't even try to hide it with all the Italian references lol. But I like this one. It's nice, melodic and innocent, she doesn't look as trashy and weird as in her other videos :p

[youtube]mVEG793G3N4[/youtube]

I do like her voice and I myself thought it was very unique, but whether she's really hitting those notes, I think it's auto tune. I don't know. I don't really pay attention to that as so many artists use it these days.

What I don't like is she's getting too haughty now based on that interview.

Michael's talents and accomplishments are too much to list right now, and gave all his praise to God and not himself. One of my favorite quotes was when he said, "I don&#8217;t write my songs. &#8230; I&#8217;m just a tunnel, a tube through which they come. I feel that somewhere in space they&#8217;ve all been written before &#8230; [The songs] just come through to me. That&#8217;s how I really feel. &#8230; I can&#8217;t always take credit. &#8230; It&#8217;s some higher force that&#8217;s making it happen."

Last edited:
The song is pretty much a straight copy from Europop and she doesn't even try to hide it with all the Italian references lol. But I like this one. It's nice, melodic and innocent, she doesn't look as trashy and weird as in her other videos :p

[youtube]mVEG793G3N4[/youtube]

Great, now I'm on the Europop trip for the rest of the night, lolol. And some Grand Prix de la Chanson stuff, bwhahahaha.

:D:punk:

^^^:doh::hysterical::hysterical:

I think that's the majority of the Europop offenders. :dancin:

Raise your hand if you've been a teenager in the 90ies. :bugeyed:punk:

And he's a good American representative of the early 90ies- that was a great song!! I used to listen to that while dreaming of MJ in the early 90ies. :D

Last edited:
I agree with the post at the top of the page.. I hate how she tries to make herself seem so different and eccentric and it's not true. Most people who are eccentric don't try hard to come off the way she does and they don't even consider themselves eccentric but we (the public)do. She is just selling that image to the public (which isn't wrong because they all do). I think one of the main reasons she has that image is because she couldn't come out as herself because she doesn't have "the look". She would have never made it mainstream if she didn't come up with something.

:wtf: I hate when people make statements like that about themselves :rolleyes2:

Me too. But I guess anything goes today.....:doh:
How come....the more scandalos and stupid you behave..you sell more and ppl adore you....they say : " oh...she is such a freak, I just love her ! "
Bah.

billyworld99;3239606 said:

:mello:

Great, now I'm on the Europop trip for the rest of the night, lolol. And some Grand Prix de la Chanson stuff, bwhahahaha.

90's Eurodance > Lady Gaga

Also 90's Eurodance is better than the dance crap Black Eyed Peas gets away with now a days

I'll take Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap! over I Gotta A Feeling by Black Eyed Peas anyday

One of the best songwriters? Gaga you've lost it, honey.

I love her voice and I do think it's one of the best in the current music landscape but she's kinda ruining it for herself with the arrogance. My lord...

I hate when famous people or even non famous people brag about being good at something. Here's my tip:

When asked if you are good at something, just say "Hm, i'm okay" and then DO IT and amaze them. Because when you said "I'M AMAZING" people are gonna say "you're okay" even if you are actually AMAZING.

But her arrogance won't put me off her voice. I love it too much. Husky with a girly undertone.

Not surprising to hear that from Lady G....

She certainly hasn't got one of the biggest voices in history, her voice is not unique, not even good, or impressive, the first time I've heard her, I thought she sounded a bit like Christina Aguilera, but much less special. Her songwriting is too shallow for words, she lacks in modesty, she lost her soul, she forces herself too much to shock people Just for the sake of shock value. I will add the syntagm, 'my opinion', so as to avoid offending others, even though that's hardly an opinion.

I will say, though, that I believe her dancing is quite good, nothing special, but good, and her piano playing is pure genius.

I think that's the majority of the Europop offenders. :dancin:

Raise your hand if you've been a teenager in the 90ies. :bugeyed:punk:

Oh GOD I remember these songs :rofl:

Someone likes to blow their own trumpet I see, I actually find her voice to be quite annoying, all them rah rah's and things get on my nerves, and I don't see anything really special about her lyrics either. She'll soon change her views of her self when the next big thing takes over.
Could you imagine if MJ had said that !! but we all know MJ is too humble to say such a thing, even though its true, to be a legend you have to be humble, good luck with that Gaga.

She might be big now and in 5-10 years time but someday, arrogance will bite her ass. Just watch.

Back