Kobe Bryant Mentions MJ on 'On-Air With Ryan Seacrest'

Can I just say this...I love the Lakers. I don't care what the other teams do in the playoffs. Period.

But about Kobe's little daughter...of course, she's into Michael's music. It's magic to the ears and kids love to watch him dance.

What's interesting about Kobe and Michael is that they seem to parallel each other in a unique and significant way.

They are both August born Virgos and they both were dealing with negative press, court cases and public viewpoints about them around the same time of their lives.

They both triumphed from defeat and masterfully continued their prolific careers. What's also interesting is that Michael brought back Thriller in 2008 and Kobe is "in it to win it" for NBA Championship of 2008 and has a very good chance of succeeding. At the same time, Michael could also complete his Thriller comeback with his new CD in 2008.

This time they will be paralleling each other in greatness and positive press and public viewpoints. I'm hoping for the best for both of them.

And...the Lakers I'm predicting will go to the Finals and take the Trophy home. I have to be firm in my beliefs or not at all.

That was too cute. I *love* it. It goes to show - good work NEVER dies. Seriously, you can get enchanted with MJ at anytime because years later his work still stands out a cut above the rest. And kids see it how it is - that is, I think most teens & adults have become disenchanted and bored with what's on television. The generations that are familiar with MJ's work have seen it all before - not that it stops people from still being amazed when watching it - and seen it emulated a thousand times. But there's rarely even that chancce for the youngings to get experience that exposure since you never see the videos being played anywhere anymore (cuz you know... MTV sucks and doesn't play music videos anymore period -_-). Which is why the T25 release is great - it really is reaching a new generation. Not to mention YouTube - that has made fans out of many, oh yeah :yes:.

That Ryan Seacrest is such a ridiculous pompous ass. What an unnecessary comment! How WOULDN'T you explain MJ to kids? Why does it matter anyhow? Nobody can deny the awesomeness that is MJ's work, and that speaks for itself. :smilerolleyes: Seacrest is such an idiot.

Regardless of what he was implying, Ryan Seacrest is fruitier than MJ could ever be.

LOL! :rofl: Agreed.

Can I just say this...I love the Lakers. I don't care what the other teams do in the playoffs. Period.

But about Kobe's little daughter...of course, she's into Michael's music. It's magic to the ears and kids love to watch him dance.

What's interesting about Kobe and Michael is that they seem to parallel each other in a unique and significant way.

They are both August born Virgos and they both were dealing with negative press, court cases and public viewpoints about them around the same time of their lives.

They both triumphed from defeat and masterfully continued their prolific careers. What's also interesting is that Michael brought back Thriller in 2008 and Kobe is "in it to win it" for NBA Championship of 2008 and has a very good chance of succeeding. At the same time, Michael could also complete his Thriller comeback with his new CD in 2008.

This time they will be paralleling each other in greatness and positive press and public viewpoints. I'm hoping for the best for both of them.

And...the Lakers I'm predicting will go to the Finals and take the Trophy home. I have to be firm in my beliefs or not at all.

That's a very interesting observation. I don't know if I would have realized the similarities had you not pointed them out, but they're very true. I hope for the best for the both of them too! (Even though I'm not a Lakers fan, it's always nice to see someone bounce back after a difficult period :) ).

Last edited:
i'm like so lost in this thread....*scratches head* "the lakes?" 'HUH??!!!"

but yeah the girl was cute. AWWWWWW

how come everytime i show little kids Thriller, they just scream, cover they're faces and then run away. and everytime i say Michael Jackson, ahh it's that zombie!! LOL~~~~~~~~

lol..just got finished watching a basketball game featuring the Lakers,whose coach is named Phil Jackson, and there are five players on a basketball team playing on the floor at any one time, so an announcer ,once again, proved how MJ is interwoven into all our consciences by just now referring to the Lakers as 'the Jackson five'.

there's only one MVP in the bryant household :rofl: ...and hint, hint ... it ain't kobe

listen to this interview kobe did today (Thursday, May 8) kobe tells a funny story about driving home after last night's game when he got the MVP

http://www.kb24.com/content/KobePMS050808.mp3

my favorite basketball player. my favorite entertainer. man, i love it when my two worlds collide

LAKE SHOW IS ON FIYAAAAH!

Last edited:
Well I think like vncwilliam ryan and others are just fasicnated and envious while at the same time not making any excuses for him but really I don't see how you can do that and then try to get someone it doesn't work that way. Michael is not a coat that you can take and wear whenever you want.

Last edited:
Back