'King Of Pop' - UK & Japan Edition!

Justice!

Proud Member
Mikestill_ma.jpg

kingofpop_uk.jpg

King Of Pop' - UK Edition​

(17-7-2008) Michael Jackson celebrates his 50th birthday on August 29 and SONY BMG, GMTV and The Sun newspaper are giving UK fans the chance to become part of pop history. To recognise Michael's great success and celebrate his birthday, UK fans can help to choose the track list for the UK's the King of Pop album that will be released on August 25. The most popular 18 tracks will then become the track listing for the King of Pop.

MJ_vote_now22.jpg

Fans can vote for their favorite songs here:

They are also giving away five Michael Jackson iPods which are pre-loaded with the Top 100 Michael Jackson songs and are not for sale to the general public. All you have to do is answer a simple question: Which of the following is a Michael Jackson song?

* Black & Red
* Black & White
* Black & Green

The competition closes 10 August 2008 at 11:59 PM.

Source: GMTV / Sony

Mikestill_ma.jpg

King Of Pop' - Japan Edition​

(17-7-2008) Besides Australia, Germany, and New Zealand, Sony will also release a special fan-voted album in Japan in celebration of Michael's 50th birthday.

MJ_vote_now22.jpg

Fans can vote for their favorite songs at the official site:

The album is planned to be released on September 24, 2008.

Source: Sony

Last edited:
Thats great finally but the answer for the Question for the U.K competition is "none" none of them are michael jackson songs lol

Thats great finally but the answer for the Question for the U.K competition is "none" none of them are michael jackson songs lol

^ U R right :smilerolleyes:

Uh, ain't The Sun a tabloid too?

Interestin'...

Yes the sun is a tabloid.

I've got question like You above,How can We Vote for UK's edition on GMTV site? I've registred and what's next? I don't get it....

if i was UK id be mighty disappointed with this one...

you have to choose 18 songs, and they hardly even have any songs from over his career to choose from!

Japanese fans would be happy right now. they can choose from all his releases including The Ultimate Collection.

Doesnt sound like many countries are getting Unreleased music on theirs though... Is Australia the only one?

^

I havent kept up with the other thread but which unreleased tracks are Australia getting?

They went wrong with the title....this is funny!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way....no news about an italian edition??????????

Last edited:
Oh my God. Guys, this is in the Sun and GMTV. This is huge!

PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE. We have to get speechless on there for the world to hear!

huge? look what picture they made for this promotion:

mjxf5.jpg

and better not read the text. do not. or you'll get the "not again..." anger all over..

huge? look what picture they made for this promotion:

mjxf5.jpg

and better not read the text. do not. or you'll get the "not again..." anger all over..

I read the text. If you know the Sun at all, you will think that the text is one of the most positive pieces they can write about a celebrity.

I'm not sure if I really want to buy this yet, particularly as the song choice is not that great for the UK, but I voted anyway. It's good that they've included songs like Break Of Dawn and Butterflies, but I was hoping they'd include more album tracks from other albums so that we could have less of the singles on this compilation. As I was making my selection, I tried to stay way from the usual choices (i.e Billie Jean etc) but there will inevitably be some included because this is a public vote and they're the songs they know.
Anyway, it's good that GMTV and The Sun are behind it because they will help the succes of this album no end.
I still can't help thinking though that all these rereleases are actually harming MJs image rather than improving it.

Goodness Gracious! In the SUN, so they have chosen the two BIGGEST European TABLOIDS, this is sheer mockery! :bugeyed

Can i say something my dad told me about this cd KOP Edition, where the uk fans can chose the songs on the album witch i know about this anyway. But it got me thinking is this the new mj album or is there another mj album out soon with new material on it?

Can i say something my dad told me about this cd KOP Edition, where the uk fans can chose the songs on the album witch i know about this anyway. But it got me thinking is this the new mj album or is there another mj album out soon with new material on it?

Michael is supposed to be working on new material for an all-new project (in other words not the kop album), but whether it will be out "soon" is a matter of speculation:)

Anyone knows if italian fans can vote for the italian edition too?

This must be Michael because he thinks Sony always chooses the wrong greatest hits. This is a fascinating idea. I just wonder how long it's reasonable to wait for the brand new album. I'm afraid fans are getting tired soon. It's been never THIS long.. It's soon SEVEN years since Invincible. But I think it's about the record companies why it's taken averagely so long for an album since 1979. Somehow Sony doesn't know anything about the music really. They should just put their trust in Michael..

Really i don't call this a greatest hits b/c for one we pick the the songs and 2 its a 50th ann and mj b-day all iin one. B/c my dad said the same thing he dont call it another greatest hits.

Goodness Gracious! In the SUN, so they have chosen the two BIGGEST European TABLOIDS, this is sheer mockery! :bugeyed

No, it’s not mockery, it makes sense.
The Sun is by far the most read newspaper in England, so getting the KoP album featured is a good move because it reaches the widest audience. It’s much better than using any other paper, for example Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph etc because not as many people read those. It’s a pity they didn’t use The Sun when T25 was released.

If Michael says he is working on the new "album", it just means he is working. He is technically working all the time (he is a work-a-holic believe or not, but he wants to keep it hobby-like) so he is working for it. Today I have no idea what he meant with "sooner than they think" but I think he will be releasing something brand-new in the end of the year. I have that kind of info. This compilation isn't it.

I'm sorry, you mean this new compilation is coming with the tabloid magazine?!

I agree. They havent called him king of pop or by his full name in a while so thats pretty good for the sun anyway
That Sun article had me almost giggling. They are such hyopocrites. They just couldn't help themselves, but they were not overly nasty to him as they usually are, They actually praised him as the kop, indeed.

Anyone knows if italian fans can vote for the italian edition too?

Unfortunately I don't think this record will have an italian edition....
I'm from Italy and I'm very upset for this....

Yes it's for Michaels birthday but fans have already got the songs they would be buying it just for Michael's sake. I don't think there will be big numbers buying these cds because why would you when his greatest hits seem to be in the sale at the local record store with all the songs that the public recognize. Just my opinion.

Back