Keri Hilson plans to stalk MJ all the way to London

Victory2004

Proud Member
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...20jackson_1099481

HILSON DREAMS OF JACKSON
Date: Apr. 2, 2009 |

Singer-songwriter KERI HILSON plans to spend her summer (09) camped out at MICHAEL JACKSON's London shows - so she can beg the pop superstar to work with her.

Hilson got her big break collaborating with hip-hop superproducer Timbaland and has written tracks for Britney Spears and Mary J. Blige.

But she insists she has yet to fulfil her lifetime ambition of working with the King of Pop.

The 26-year-old tells People magazine, "Now that he's back performing, there could be a chance. I have to go to his show.

"I remember seeing the Bad Tour when I was 10. Amazing!"

man..lol..that's the second artist(that i heard about today) from the usa that ppl outside the usa don't know about. lol. makes a usa citizen reaallly appreciate Michael's fame.

Keri Hilson Birth name Keri Lynn Hilson Born 1982 (age 26–27)
Decatur, Georgia, United States Genre(s) R&B, hip hop, pop Occupation(s) Singer-songwriter Instrument(s) Vocals Years active 2001–present Label(s) Zone 4, Mosley Music, Interscope Associated acts The Clutch Website www.kerihilsonmusic.com Keri Lynn Hilson (born 1982) is an American R&B singer and songwriter signed to Zone 4, Mosley Music Group and Interscope Records. She is part of a collective of writers and producers known as The Clutch. After several years of songwriting, she guest performed on Timbaland's hit "The Way I Are" and began a solo singing career. Her debut album, In a Perfect World..., was released in early 2009.
Contents

[hide]

//
Biography

Early life

Hilson was born Keri Lynn Hilson in 1982 in Decatur, Georgia.[1] During her adolescence, Hilson studied piano and singing,[1] and she joined the girl group D'Signe when she was 14.[2] She became a songwriter and backing vocalist while in high school, and she attended Emory University.[1]

2001–2007: Songwriting and backing vocals

Hilson began songwriting in 2001 and would go on to write tracks for Britney Spears, Ciara, Usher, and Ludacris.[2] In 2004, she was featured on Xzibit's single, "Hey Now (Mean Muggin)".[3] In 2006, Hilson signed as an artist with Timbaland's label, Mosley Music Group and appeared on a track on Diddy's Press Play. Hilson was also featured on "Help", the second single from Lloyd Banks' Rotten Apple; the single peaked at #77 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.[4]
While working with Polow da Don in a studio, he asked Hilson "What producer do you think could take you where you want to go as an artist?" She replied with Timbaland, who was in search of a black female solo R&B artist. After singing for Timbaland over the phone, they began recording at The Hit Factory the following weekend.[5][6] In 2007, Hilson made several appearances on Timbaland's solo effort Shock Value, including on the singles "The Way I Are" and "Scream". "The Way I Are" reached number three on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the U.S.[7] Furthermore, she was featured on the track "Lost Girls" on Zone 4-labelmate Rich Boy's debut album and its second single "Good Things" and was credited as a writer and backing vocalist on Britney Spears's album Blackout.
Hilson also played the lead role in Usher's music video for "Love in This Club", (as well as co-writing its "Pt. II" remix) appeared as one of the "independent women" in Ne-Yo's music video for "Miss Independent".[8]. Later in the year, Hilson performed on Nas' debut single "Hero" from his controversial untitled album; it reached number 97 on the Hot 100 and number 82 on the R&B/Hip-Hop charts.

2008–present: In a Perfect World...

After many pushbacks, Hilson's debut solo album In a Perfect World... was released on March 24, 2009.[9] The midtempo ballad "Energy" eventually became the first world single and was released as a digital download on May 27, 2008. The video premiered on July 14, 2008. It charted at number 78 on the Billboard Top 100, number 21 and 72 on R&B 100 and Pop 100 respectively. The single performed best in New Zealand where it charted at number 2 but failed to significantly chart elsewhere. The UK release never materialised. "Return the Favor" was released officially as the second worldwide single (first UK single) on October 7, 2008 and the video, premiered on October 23, 2008.
"Turnin' Me On" (featuring Lil Wayne) was released as the third worldwide single on November 25, 2008.[10] The single has been Hilson's most successful solo offering to date as it peaked at number 15 on the Billboard Hot 100, number two and 28 on R&B 100 and Pop 100 respectively. It was also the first single to chart in Canada although it did only reach number 80. "Knock You Down" (featuring Kanye West and Ne-Yo) is scheduled to be the "4th US single" from the album as confirmed by Hilson on her Official Album Countdown Video-blog.

Discography

Main article: Keri Hilson discography

Awards

Year Award Result 2007 MTV Video Music Awards: Monster Single of the Year for "The Way I Are"[11] Nominated Teen Choice Awards: Choice Rap Track for "The Way I Are"[12] Won

That's awesome

and being the cool and humble guy MJ is he'll probably agree to work with Keri

Did she use the word "stalk"? If so, I've lost ALL respect for her. If not, then, fine.

But she insists she has yet to fulfil her lifetime ambition
of working with the King of Pop.
So many artists have the same desire...to work with The KOP!!
Hope she gets to live her dream. Somebody should.

I love her song Turnin' Me On feat. Lil Wayne.

Thanks Victory2004. :)

I don't believe I have ever heard of this person, but personally I think this is Awesome news!
She is showing so much enthusiasm and excitement working with Micahel would be if given the opportunity.

It should show the press how much in demand, loved and appreciated he still is.

lol..well u have to admit, she is backup and is billed as such, even with lil wayne. the tracks come across that way. and tho it never crossed my mind, till our usa citizen above, referred to not having heard of her..i can see where that is possible, with that confession.

is it just me..or do u have to do a doubletake to keep that from reading...Paris Hilton?

keri_hilson1.jpg

keri%20hilson.jpg

But she insists she has yet to fulfil her lifetime ambition of working with the King of Pop.

yeah her and a million other artists

That's awesome

and being the cool and humble guy MJ is he'll probably agree to work with Keri

eer this is not the time for charity - he did enough of that by working with akon :smilerolleyes: it's time for him to be selfish AND professional

Todays stars have nothing to achieve, of course their big goal is it to work with great Michael Jackson (think she isn't good enough but at least IF she has the chance one day he could learn her something)

Didn't know who she was at first either, but I do remember "The Way I Are." If she saw the Dangerous tour as a child, I guess someone took her out of the country to go see the concert? Unless she meant she saw it on TV lol, which is where I had to watch it! Anyway, as long as she's prepared for all the other rabid MJ fans who will be camping out in London this summer!

I find it strange that people from the U.S don't know her. I am from Holland and I know her. I think she is most famous for her part in 'The way you are' and for her appearance as the leading lady in Usher's video 'In this club'. She is very beautiful.

Todays stars have nothing to achieve, of course their big goal is it to work with great Michael Jackson (think she isn't good enough but at least IF she has the chance one day he could learn her something)
Yipe. = )

This is a genuine question...does she have any songs that she's not just a feature artist on? I've never seen her do anything on her own.

Cool that she has such respect for MJ.

I'm sorry but your response is really bothering me...i mean it's so...... ...how old are you?
Oh well. And it doesn't matter my age. I'm old enough to not respect someone IF they want to "stalk" people. If she didn't say it, fine. But I'd like proof that she used that word.

Keri Hilson is great....she is a massive MJ fan.

She was awesome in Timbaland's - The Way I are and Scream songs/vids.

Have you guys heard her next single with Kanye and Ne-yo it's a great song which I can't get outta mis head called ' Knock You Down '.

In the video Keri does a crouch grab to pay homage to our mike (3.57 mins into the video) with kanye singing the lyrics as below:

I was flyin, now I’m crashin
this is bad, real bad, michael jackson
now I’m mad, real mad, joe jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6sp3X_LVk

Think Kanye and Ne-yo along with Keri kill this song...it's dope!

Back