Katherine gives interview to The Mail on Sunday: Reveals that kids will attend private school-Merged

Whether the children start a private school or not, that is ultimately Katherine and the children's business, imo. What I still can't wrap my head around is why the News Of The World would get an "exclusive" like this. Katherine may be uninformed or perhaps even naive to the workings of the media, but why not go to a more recognized and less tabloid media outlet to give details such as this? Surely other reporting outlets compensate for interviews as well, with perhaps a "tad" more believability?

Are bits and pieces being "fed" to the tabloids through people surrounding Katherine and the children, and Katherine simply trusts others to make that decision?

Idk, call me extremely sceptical of everything and everyone, especially if there is money involved. But why not make statements, give interviews to slightly more legitimate news sources, and perhaps occasionally a more "reputable" news source within the U.S.,(I know, that's up for dissection r/t "more legitimate" news sources) ?

For god sakes, Katherine knows what she's doing. These kids have had a very sheltered life. And with good reason.

Michael did everything he could to protect them, and lords knows he did a hell of a GREAT job. He is the best father any kid can have. But kids grow up. I remember seeing photos of Paris and Prince with no masks walking with their dad in the street, nearly two weeks before Michael died. I think he was giving them a chance to open up more little by little. I don't think it would have been to the extreme that we see now (Grammy awards)....but what's done is done. Who knows what Michael would have done. Who knows if a private school would have been the next option. One thing I do know is that Paris is a very strong minded girl. According to Michael, this child can't be force to do something she doesn't want to do. So I think the kids have a big say in going to school in September. I think they'll be fine. The one who will struggle the most Blanket. I hope the school will help him to come out of his shell.

Anyway here's a new article with Katherine's interview and she goes deeper into the subject of Paris and how the kids are grieving.

Jackson's Kids still struggling with grief

Michael Jackson's three children are still fighting a "daily battle to cope" following the superstar's death a year ago, according to his mother Katherine.

The Thriller hitmaker died on June 25 after suffering a cardiac arrest and Katherine was named guardian of his children, Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and eight-year-old Blanket.

She admits the kids are still mourning the loss as the first anniversary of their dad's death approaches - but she hopes plans for them to abandon home-schooling and attend an educational institute with other children will help them recover.

Katherine tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "It has been a daily battle to cope with our huge loss... (The kids) don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home - but that will change in September, when they are due to enrol at private (school).

"But they have their cousins and aunts and uncles around them constantly, and that's helped them immensely. To them, it's normal, it's the life they have known. They have a certain time to go to bed, then they get up and get dressed for lessons. They practise karate and swim, which they love."

And the 80 year old reveals Jackson's only daughter Paris still has a shrine dedicated to her late father in her bedroom.

Katherine adds: "I wanted to hang pictures of flowers or ballerinas in Paris' room, the sort of things I expected a girl would like. But she went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael and she told me, 'No, I want Daddy hanging in my room.' So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'

"Paris has that lovely way, just like him, and I see his talent in her. Whatever she does, she is very good at it. She's a good artist, she plays the piano and she wants to be an actress."

source: http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/celebrities/2010/06/20/14455291-wenn-story.html

I remember seeing photos of Paris and Prince with no masks walking with their dad in the street, nearly two weeks before Michael died. I think he was giving them a chance to open up more little by little.

True but the kids were also phographed with masks on that day (June 3rd) The story was that they didnt see the paparazzis as they walked to Culver Studios so they had no masks on.. but when they were about to leave they spotted the paparazzis and the kids had their masks on and was also photographed with masks on. So we really dont know if MJ wanted to be less strict or not with that, but in fall 2008 he told a fan that he doesnt want the kids in the publiceye thats why they still have masks.

Here are pics from that day
parisprince.jpg

ppppyh.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know that ^

I only seen the ones without the mask. Well then, I don't know. I still think Katherine knows what she's doing.

Off Topic: Michael looks so gorgeous in that first picture with the kids. That swagger that he has in that photo...that trench coat....:)

I don't know if this is a true story or not but I want to say something anyway.

Paris is so beautiful in the way that Michael was. She just seems like a very lovely person. It's sweet that she has his pictures on her walls. They are such strong children with bright futures. I'm sure it really helps them to listen to their dad's music. In a way, it's almost like a "therapy" type thing. Listening to Michael's music really can help one cope with his death.

They all have Michael in them. They all share his different qualities. Through those three children and his music, Michael will always be here with us.

We as fans have pictures of her father on our walls, why not his own kids? Poor Katherine is trying to sooth her pain with flowers and ballerina pictures. lol

Plus girls today are into other stuff like Selena Gomez or Hannah Montana. Not flowers. But you can see Katherine's trying poor thing.

I think it's sweet that Paris wants posters of her dad on her wall and if she is just like her dad, then I'm sure she will be an amazing actress :p

I don't buy this story. It seems like a lot of cut and paste words from prior interviews, like the phone interview with Geraldo last July. There are also words that have been written by the tabloids on many occasions. The school thing sounds very suspect as well as this was the rumor last year and Katherine is very private so why would she tell a rag this?

The most interesting is the comment that she relies so much on Trent. Well, by all accounts, Trent has always been at Hayvenhurst helping Katherine and I don't think it's a coincidence that the rag would make that statement right after the paps shot photos of Trent sitting next to Katherine at Randy and Donte's graduation.

The photo was lifted from the jacksonsecretvault. com website and they used outdated pics of the kids before Grace was fired. If she allegedly gave Shaffel an "exclusive", how can the Daily Mirror, which has zero credibilityby even the lowest standards now claim the same thing?

Strange.......

I love Katherine but why give your first interview to a tabloid? I feel for her cause she probably doesn't know any better and is taking advice from Jermaine and Latoya.

I love Katherine but why give your first interview to a tabloid? I feel for her cause she probably doesn't know any better and is taking advice from Jermaine and Latoya.

well technically her first interview was over the phone last august with Geraldo. But i agree that she and other members of the family should avoid tabloids, how are we to trust the interviews credibility when one day they're writing such slanderous things about the family specifically michael.

We should not be criticizing Katherines decisions in raising these children. She knows them better then any of us ever will. I am sure they will not be going to the same type of school most of us went too. The classes will probably be very small and they will be getting a great education. Who knows, maybe the kids want to go to school when they see their cousins going there everyday.

The part about Paris hanging pictures of her daddy made me tear up. She seems like such a sweetheart. She has the same sweet nature as her daddy. They are in my thoughts and prayers, especially now. Bless their little hearts.

Who knows, maybe the kids want to go to school when they see their cousins going there everyday.

The part about Paris hanging pictures of her daddy made me tear up. She seems like such a sweetheart. She has the same sweet nature as her daddy. They are in my thoughts and prayers, especially now. Bless their little hearts.

If I was at their age, I know I would want to go to school like everyone else instead of being home schooled. And yes Paris has that same sweet nature as Michael, I really noticed that at the memorial.

But she went into the closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael and said, “No, I want Daddy hanging in my room. I always want to see him.” So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him.

Breaks my heart!!! :better:

Re: wth!! Michael Jackson's children to go to school for first time

Isn't this paper a rag? Michael did not have a heart attack and Katherine already knows he did not die of natural causes

I agree its a rag mag

but Im confused by your comment

Katherine did NOT say Michael had a heart attack in that interview
she did NOT say he died from natual causes either.

so where did you see that ?
can you quote that part cause Im missing it ?

It's been said before and I'm sure it'll need to be said again although I hope not! Michael Jackson was NOT a drug addict. There is an autopsy report stating no organ damage which there would be had he been a drug addict. Do NOT bring baseless claims here, it will be seen as nothing more than trolling and will be dealt with accordingly. There is no excuse for being uneducated in this area and stating it here as fact.

So WHY my thread was locked, and NOT moved???

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93261

It is unbelievable! What kind of politics you are doing here. My contribution the same as this one. And it's true. You can see her picture there on Daily Mirror and she is distributing her book over an agency you can read it on the page, the same with the tmz-article.

I already posted it, and it was merged in with this, even though its a different article...

deary me. the dail mail. cant get a more hateful paper towards mj than that. *shakes head* and god help prince if he doesnt know about 93 and 03. kills me that the only person who can explain things to them isnt here anymore

It is unbelievable! What kind of politics you are doing here. My contribution the same as this one. And it's true. You can see her picture there on Daily Mirror and she is distributing her book over an agency you can read it on the page, the same with the tmz-article.

Moderators are only human and they are just trying to keep the forum well organized Why have 20 topics on the same subject.. Your extremely important to this forum :)

:D

deary me. the dail mail. cant get a more hateful paper towards mj than that. *shakes head* and god help prince if he doesnt know about 93 and 03. kills me that the only person who can explain things to them isnt here anymore

You don't know if he did explain it to them? You cant shelter them forever

You don't know if he did explain it to them?
no of course we dont know. my point was if he hadnt told them. and heck its hard enough telling young kids about that.the eldest are only getting to that age now where they would prob understand it. let alone years ago.the only thing is if it all goes wrong at school they can get out easily enough. theres so many issues from security to hateful kids and friends coming and going and selling stoires. its a total minefield

?? I don't understand? You think we should have multiple threads on the same subject? How unorganised would that be? I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way. If you could take this to PM in the future please.

Back on topic.

?? I don't understand? You think we should have multiple threads on the same subject? How unorganised would that be? I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way. If you could take this to PM in the future please.

Back on topic.

No, I take it anywhere. I am not so important.

You don't know if he did explain it to them? You cant shelter them forever

no of course we dont know. my point was if he hadnt told them. and heck its hard enough telling young kids about that.the eldest are only getting to that age now where they would prob understand it. let alone years ago.the only thing is if it all goes wrong at school they can get out easily enough. theres so many issues from security to hateful kids and friends coming and going and selling stoires. its a total minefield

Karen Faye has told that she has been informed that the children are aware of a lot.

what did Karen faye said abt kids aware of a lot? what are they aware of ?

if it's their own choice to go to school, i think it's good to try.

I know, im not taking her words as gospel. Just wanted to tell you what she has been saying.

Karen Faye is not a good source for such things. She doesn't know any more then we do here on this forum.

Apparantly about the media and the allegations.

Back