Katherine gives interview to The Mail on Sunday: Reveals that kids will attend private school-Merged

kasume

Proud Member
After years of living as one of the most closely protected families in the world, Michael Jackson’s three children are to attend school for the first time.

In an emotional interview to mark the first anniversary of the singer’s death, their grandmother and guardian Katherine Jackson has told The Mail on Sunday that she is determined to give Prince, Paris and Blanket a more conventional upbringing.

Until now, they have been taught at home, in keeping with Michael ’s policy of keeping them largely hidden from the outside world.

‘I’d say I’m a little less strict but I’ve tried to follow the way Michael was raising them,’ she says in her first interview since he died of a suspected heart attack on June 25 last year at his Los Angeles home.

‘But they don’t have friends. They don’t go to school. They have private lessons at home. They’ll be going to a private school in September for the first time.’

The 80-year-old great-grandmother laughs at the idea the children could ever have a wholly normal life, but says they have a healthy routine of daily schoolwork, karate and swimming.

She says there is hardly a day without visits from members of her extended family to her home in Los Angeles. ‘Having them around has helped the children immensely. They go places together and have fun. They listen to Michael’s music.’

Katherine has come under media scrutiny again in recent weeks after reported comments by her husband, Joe Jackson, who said she was in part responsible for Michael’s death – a sentiment he has now retracted.

And last week her youngest son, Randy, was rushed to hospital with a heart attack, but he seems to be recovering.

Throughout, however, she says her priority has been caring for her grandchildren Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and Blanket, eight.

Katherine was made their legal guardian in the weeks following Michael’s death, although she has no control over his estate, which is held in a trust fund.

The three children have been deeply affected, she says. Paris has created a shrine to him in her bedroom. ‘I wanted to hang pictures of flowers or ballerinas, like I would expect a girl would.

But she went into the closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael and said, “No, I want Daddy hanging in my room. I always want to see him.”

‘So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. Paris has that lovely way like Michael, and I see his talent in her. Whatever she does she’s very good at it. She’s a good artist and plays the piano. She wants to be an actress.’

Katherine believes all three share something of Michael. Prince is interested in the arts, hoping to be a film producer, while Blanket has his sense of playfulness.

She says it was some time after Michael took Prince and Paris to a concert to celebrate his 30th anniversary as a solo entertainer in 2001 that they began to understand how famous he was.

‘Michael told me a story. He said the two little ones were in the audience. When he got backstage they said, “So you’re a big star, huh? When I grow up I want to be just like you!” And Michael said he got the biggest chuckle out of that.’

To help her face up to Friday’s anniversary, Katherine has put together a collection of Jackson family photographs, in Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives.

She says: ‘I love looking at photos of my children singing and dancing together, when they looked happy. Not a day goes by I don’t think about Michael.

‘It’s hard for me to talk about without getting all choked up. Years will pass by and I’ll still feel the same way. I have a nephew I am very close to who I’ve have leaned on a lot. Prayer has helped me. I don’t have any regrets. I just live for the children.’

She continues: ‘Michael was so misunderstood. I remember when he brought gifts up to the house for me: a watch, a necklace and ring. I’ll never forget the way he was smiling when I opened each one. He was so generous. He’d give you the shirt off his back.

‘I want the world to know the real Michael. All these allegations in the tabloids, it’s all rubbish.

‘People with children will understand how I feel when somebody says something ugly about my son, especially when it’s not true. That’s why I’m releasing the book. I’d like him to be remembered as the loving person he was.

'People can’t understand it because of the child molestation claims falsely laid on him. It’s just greedy people who wanted money.’

A year on from his death, Michael’s mother does not accept he died of natural causes.

‘He was too young for that, but something happened. I heard from people he was taking prescription drugs but I’ve never seen my son in any way  . . .  even talking to him on the phone, he was always himself.

‘I never asked him about that as he was always normal. I don’t think he just died of natural causes. I don’t believe that. It was someone who was watching over him  . . .  and he died. If I could see him again I would ask him, “Who did this to you?”

‘One thing I hope for is the next year will be better for me and the family. I hope people continue to remember Michael and keep celebrating his legacy. I hope that things get better for me in time. His death has already brought the family closer together. I want us to be even more close.

‘I try not to regret. I try not to think like that because I don’t think Michael would have had his life any other way. Sometimes I start to tear up.

‘But I am happy about it because I know the world is missing and remembering my son. I could see the fans taking pictures, posing in front of the house. I know Michael would have been happy to see that. I just miss him every day.’

* Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives, containing unseen personal and family photos of Michael with a commentary from his mother, is available now from Jackson-secretvault.com. Mail on Sunday readers can claim a 35 per cent discount until June 30 by quoting the code MJUK. Sales proceeds will be split between Katherine, Michael’s children and the charity Voices Against Brain Cancer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ool-time.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0rNfNSwgB

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: wth!! Michael Jackson's children to go to school for first time

Rumour....we've heard this one before since MJs passing.

Let them spread their wings. I'm sure this is what they want. Katherine wouldn't force (I believe) to do something they don't like and I'm sure if Prince had sat down with Michael and said "Dad I am sick of home schooling can I go to a regular school like other kids?" he might have even concidered it *I believe*. He would never want to deprive his kids or normality. Look at his awful childhood.

Michael Jackson's children to go to school for first time

After years of living as one of the most closely protected families in the world, Michael Jackson’s three children are to attend school for the first time.

In an emotional interview to mark the first anniversary of the singer’s death, their grandmother and guardian Katherine Jackson has told The Mail on Sunday that she is determined to give Prince, Paris and Blanket a more conventional upbringing.

Until now, they have been taught at home, in keeping with Michael ’s policy of keeping them largely hidden from the outside world.

‘I’d say I’m a little less strict but I’ve tried to follow the way Michael was raising them,’ she says in her first interview since he died of a suspected heart attack on June 25 last year at his Los Angeles home.

‘But they don’t have friends. They don’t go to school. They have private lessons at home. They’ll be going to a private school in September for the first time.’

The 80-year-old great-grandmother laughs at the idea the children could ever have a wholly normal life, but says they have a healthy routine of daily schoolwork, karate and swimming.

She says there is hardly a day without visits from members of her extended family to her home in Los Angeles. ‘Having them around has helped the children immensely. They go places together and have fun. They listen to Michael’s music.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...hildren-to-school-time.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I HOPE this isn't true!! those teachers are going to be hating on them because they are "Michael Jackson's children"!! and does Katherine know what kids paris and prince's age do??? they make fun of Micahel!! even at private schools!!

and as for prince, teenage boys can be very inconsiderate, ESPECIALLY when it come to Micahel Jackson. like most of them have NO respect for him at all.

the children are going to be hearing bad things about their father from other kids in school now. and the teachers are probably going to mess over them!!

and then theirs the possibilty of kids teasing them!! or going up to their and saying, asking God knows what about their father.

i HATE this idea!! i know Katherine means well....but this really isn't a good idea

I don't know. This does not sound like Katherine, something she would do, or what she would say in a interview. It doesn't even make sense for her to do this interview.

I don't know... :unsure:

I don't know if this is true or not.
I remember Katherine was reported to have said the same thing last year,
and it didn't happen.
But, I do know some private schools in L.A. are very small.
My niece attended a private school in L.A. that went from
5th grade through High School where the average class size
was just 10 students. Some classrooms had only 5 or 6 students.

^^ I understand. He wouldn't want to do that. deprive them of normality. And he never did.

Except with schooling. There is a big reason he always kept his children home schooled and we know why. Just look at my explanation.

private school kids are as worse as public school kids when it comes to Michael. i've been in both a highly prestigious private school and a public school. i know.

Just think of the things these children will be hearing about their father.

i dont have a problem with them going. i just dont want them hurt and to hear all that crap about michael by other children, and maybe even inconsiderate teachers who would make fun of Michael being a molester even though they know an mj fan is in the room. (happened to me at private school)

Michael didn't want his children to experience anything like that. It's why he kept them homeschooled. Those children loved their father so much. they don't want to hear any crap about him.

maybe i'm just taking this as truth so suddenly....I hope that's what I'm doing. because if this is true come september, i'm going to be upset.

Last edited:

The Dailymail isn't a great source so who knows if it's really true. I still think the kids should spread their wings.

Isn't this paper a rag? Michael did not have a heart attack and Katherine already knows he did not die of natural causes

Daily mail is a tabloid - so it's moved

sounds like a tabloid. anyway, if MJ's kids' lives are different from the norm, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. they have proven to be spectacular kids.

i trust michaels judgement more then any one because he saw how celebrity kids suffer in private school ,e.g -walt disneys grandkids ,fread astairs son .so he knew what he was doing ,i think katherin needs to continue michaels way .
but this is tabloid we are talking about so we will see.

I'm going to edit this slightly as Katherine has indeed given an interview to the Mail on Sunday so I'm going to post the whole thing. The Mail is a tabloid so its here for the time being but we might move it later.

Re: Katherine gives interview to The Mail on Sunday: Reveals that kids will attend private school

well the tabloids are their first love

Re: Katherine gives interview to The Mail on Sunday: Reveals that kids will attend private school

Don't know if it's legit... Kinda weird, they're publishing an interview and photos taken by paparazzi.

I heard from people he was taking prescription drugs but I’ve never seen my son in any way . . . even talking to him on the phone, he was always himself.
Family members should take a note.

Dont know if this is true, but someone posted a thread here last week where it said that Mrs Jackson WOULD give an interview to some tabloid in the UK about the anniversary of MJs passing etc.. and people wondered if that was true or not. I guess it is this one then?

Anyone else recall what Im talking about?

Katherine had done one hell of a good job, TMZ has this Daily Mail interview of hers on their first page with the headline ''Michael Jackson's kids got no friends'' funny how they (including the Jacksons themselves) keep on making a big deal about those children being home schooled, yet Will and Jada's kids are homeschooled too and nobody makes a fuzz about that, most importantly you don't have will Will nor his wife or other relatives running around screaming from the tops of their lungs ''our kids dont got no friends'' funny how family's can be so so so so different.
Bless PPB and Michael

TMZ also forgot to mention that Katherine told the paper she never saw MJ on prescription drugs and when they talked on the phone he was himself.

Im glad Katherine said something about it, she was the one who was closest to Michael and saw/talked to him more than anyone else.. and this tells alot that Katherine did NOT see MJ high or out of it.. if its someone who knows I bet it is her.

'My son, the superstar' - Katherine Jackson

Katherine Jackson opens up the family album and reveals how she always knew her son was destined for fame.
WHEN I heard Michael had died, I never imagined I'd meet his mother, Katherine.

Nor that she would be granting me a front-row seat to the story of her son's life. Yet there I was as she opened up her home and heart to share previously unseen pictures and intimate family stories for a book I was editing.

My friend, Howard Mann - owner of possibly the world's largest collection of Jackson memorabilia - asked me to help sort through the family's 16,000 photos, videos and personal effects he held as CEO of Vintage Pop Media. On the question of: "What are we going to do with a bunch of Michael's stuff?" the answer was: "Go to his family. Ask Katherine to share the untold story."

Katherine saw this book as her chance to preserve Michael's legacy. Every week for three months, she invited us to her estate in Encino, California - Michael's home before Neverland. There, we caught a glimpse into the lives of Michael's children. When they weren't frolicking with their cousins, Prince and Paris seemed to have the average tween-age disposition when adjusting to new surroundings. Blanket, on the other hand, kept to himself. It wasn't uncommon to be caught in the trajectory of his imaginary laser gun.

We sifted through thousands of photos and the stories flowed. Katherine remembered spotting Michael's talent as a baby: he would sit on the washing machine as she did laundry, 'dancing' with a bottle in his mouth. She also recalled the lessons she instilled to protect him from fame, telling him: "What you do on stage is just a job." She didn't want him to believe that being a celebrity made him better than anyone else.

She seemed no different from any other mum only her son was one of the most influential recording artists ever. This book, we hope, will become a tribute to Michael's remarkable life - the son, the artist and the man.

Proceeds from the book will be split between Katherine, Michael's three children, and the Voices Against Brain Cancer charity.
son280a_123379a.jpg
son280b_123381a.jpg

son280c_123382a.jpg
son280d_123383a.jpg

Source:http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/new...w-with-Michael-Jacksons-mother-Katherine.html

so the interview is legit .so i think kids will be attending private school which is not a good idea specially for blanket.

Is this the interview with MARC SCHAFFEL.? Do you think they blackmail her.? Memorabellia for interview.?

I think school will be goof for the kids, it'll be tough with the media and other kids can be mean but they need to br around other people, one thing katherine mentioned in her book is that she wished she had been able to make her kids more aware of the world, they were very sheltered growing up and in result lots of people easily take advantage them.

I just find it odd that kids going to school is such a big news...aren't kids suppposed to be in school lol alot of kids are home schooled, everything jsut has to be magnified and criticized with the jacksons.

I remember they were deciding this last year too (so I read) they decided against it I'm sure the children love being around other kids and it's healthy for other children to be around other children.. Whatever happens I hope they are safe and in a good environment. And don't make friends with the wrong type of people :)

I'm sure the Jacksons install a gold digger alarm with them at birth LOL

I'm worried about them, but Katherine is their grandma and this is something that she's obviously put a great deal of thought into. I trust her to make the right decision. Not that I feel it's up to me to judge. I don't mean this offensively to any fans who are negative towards this by the way, this is just how I feel :)

I'm sure the kids have a say in what happens. Maybe that's what they want, who knows.

'My son, the superstar'

Katherine Jackson opens up the family album and reveals how she always knew her son was destined for fame
By Sonia Lowe, 20/06/2010

WHEN I heard Michael had died, I never imagined I'd meet his mother, Katherine.
Nor that she would be granting me a front-row seat to the story of her son's life. Yet there I was as she opened up her home and heart to share previously unseen pictures and intimate family stories for a book I was editing.

My friend, Howard Mann - owner of possibly the world's largest collection of Jackson memorabilia - asked me to help sort through the family's 16,000 photos, videos and personal effects he held as CEO of Vintage Pop Media. On the question of: "What are we going to do with a bunch of Michael's stuff?" the answer was: "Go to his family. Ask Katherine to share the untold story."

Katherine saw this book as her chance to preserve Michael's legacy. Every week for three months, she invited us to her estate in Encino, California - Michael's home before Neverland. There, we caught a glimpse into the lives of Michael's children. When they weren't frolicking with their cousins, Prince and Paris seemed to have the average tween-age disposition when adjusting to new surroundings. Blanket, on the other hand, kept to himself. It wasn't uncommon to be caught in the trajectory of his imaginary laser gun.

We sifted through thousands of photos and the stories flowed. Katherine remembered spotting Michael's talent as a baby: he would sit on the washing machine as she did laundry, 'dancing' with a bottle in his mouth. She also recalled the lessons she instilled to protect him from fame, telling him: "What you do on stage is just a job." She didn't want him to believe that being a celebrity made him better than anyone else.

She seemed no different from any other mum only her son was one of the most influential recording artists ever. This book, we hope, will become a tribute to Michael's remarkable life - the son, the artist and the man.

Proceeds from the book will be split between Katherine, Michael's three children, and the Voices Against Brain Cancer charity.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/new...w-with-Michael-Jacksons-mother-Katherine.html

Back