Justin Timberlake matches record set by Michael Jackson

you cant even compare justin doing something in 2007 that mj did in the past, for one thing when michael and others did this they had to actually sell the physical singles, today you can get a top 10 pop single off airplay alone. i have never even heard most of those justin singles

the thing is that Michael was 20 plus years into his career and his acheived this accomplishment speaks volumes. as young as JT is, consdering winning all kind of Industry awards, HBO, "GREAT WHITE HYPE" along with EMinem(interesting how that Man from Gary,Indiana stays on there Brain) and he still can't live up to the hype. can't sell the kind of records to merit the hype and he lacks that "IT" believe me Justin Timberlake knows he doesn't have it.

but we all know MJ is the standard and JT knows that he ain't touching that. JT could have 10 hits off that album and still not get much more than he has sold. having cameron Diaz on his arm, MTV,Magazine covers,Payola Radio,Video,Cross-Over and doing Hooks with Rappers,HBO,etc... can't sell Him anymore than he has gotten. that speaks volumes.

the thing is that Michael was 20 plus years into his career and his acheived this accomplishment speaks volumes.[/b]

I agree, Justin accomplished something that took MJ 20 years to do in a much shorter time :yes:

I agree, Justin accomplished something that took MJ 20 years to do in a much shorter time :yes:[/b]

Michael was 25 when Thriller first did it.. Justin is 27 now right?

matching Michael because he hit 6 top 40 hits?? That is trying TO HARD to link Justin with LEGENDARY records.. That's like saying..

Justin Timberlake has performed at Madison Square Garden 7 times, that is 3 more times than Michael Jackson.. Justin Timberlake beat Michaels record by 3 concerts.. Welcome the new King Of Pop..

That is just stupid.. I don't care if he makes the top 40 with every song, every album.. That does not mean anything.. lol!

Thriller sold more than all on Nsync and JT albums together..

Nsync sold 30 million world wide.. ALL ALBUMS TOGETHER (near sales of ONE Bad album/ or ONE Dangerous album)
Each Justin Timberlak albums sold 7.5 million worldwide (Less than Michael "flop" Invincible)

Making a total sales for N'sync and Justin Timberlake a WOPPING 45 million albums

MJ had sold sold more than 45 million solo by the time he made his 2nd album...

Justin is 26...fair enough. lol

Yeah he can't come close by a mile, he need to try harder.

J5/Jacksons sold well over 100 million.. lol! So going into his solo career he all ready had so many albums under his belt..

what a black man did years ago pales in comparison to what a young white boy is doing now. sorry but the times were different, the music age was different, getting number one hits was different, and the market was different....not to mention, the genre as well as marketing.

they had no trl or 106 & park back then....if they had that while mike did thriller, it'd prolly sell twice as many as it did. mtv was just starting up when mj was in his hey day as far as 'dangerous' goes...he'da had more hits if '93 mess didn't happen and seacrest knows this. he's just got a hard on for jester

you cant even compare justin doing something in 2007 that mj did in the past, for one thing when michael and others did this they had to actually sell the physical singles, today you can get a top 10 pop single off airplay alone. i have never even heard most of those justin singles[/b]
woow! I didn't even look at it that way. Very good point. Back-in-the-day artist had to be ON POINT and work so hard for success and even still hard working artist got overlooked. Now you got mediocre talent at it best winning grammys, thinking they the hottest thing since sliced bread, and cuttin up when they lose awards. Ppl in the game now don't have to work half as hard as those coming up back then and they the ones with the biggest egos.

The music industry is not what it once was, like some of you alreayd said. And of course the media ride on the back of the white boy. They want a white MJ because they cant handle a black man is the King!

The music industry is not what it once was, like some of you alreayd said. And of course the media ride on the back of the white boy. They want a white MJ because they cant handle a black man is the King![/b]

Preach it! :lol:

Here's what Ne-yo said some time ago:

"I'm not trying to top Thriller. Anybody trying to top something that's already been done is fighting a losing battle". "It was a different industry back then, a different way of thinking and people were easier to impress. Everything in music has been done now, so Michael just needs to find his place again"

"I'm not trying to top Thriller. Anybody trying to top something that's already been done is fighting a losing battle". "It was a different industry back then, a different way of thinking and people were easier to impress. Everything in music has been done now, so Michael just needs to find his place again"

He set the standards for everyone out today and of course the media will try to put him down (by lifting Timberlake and others up), but no matter what they say we all know the truth and they do to. Lets just look at it when Michael was 25 or whatever Justins age is he had taken over the world already. No matter what they say or what they try to do, no one will ever reach Michaels creative genius or superstar status. thats why the industry is so dull. Because everyone lacks that creativity.

The music out today is just that... music for today. Its got no substance or lasting effect. Michaels videos and songs get played on tv just as much as these new songs do... songs from 20, 30 years ago. Michael could sit down on his butt and watch Ricci Lake all day and he would still be relevant. The media can try all they want but they wont succeed,

He set the standards for everyone out today and of course the media will try to put him down (by lifting Timberlake and others up), but no matter what they say we all know the truth and they do to. Lets just look at it when Michael was 25 or whatever Justins age is he had taken over the world already. No matter what they say or what they try to do, no one will ever reach Michaels creative genius or superstar status. thats why the industry is so dull. Because everyone lacks that creativity.

The music out today is just that... music for today. Its got no substance or lasting effect. Michaels videos and songs get played on tv just as much as these new songs do... songs from 20, 30 years ago. Michael could sit down on his butt and watch Ricci Lake all day and he would still be relevant. The media can try all they want but they wont succeed,

"I'm not trying to top Thriller. Anybody trying to top something that's already been done is fighting a losing battle". "It was a different industry back then, a different way of thinking and people were easier to impress. Everything in music has been done now, so Michael just needs to find his place again"[/b]
Easier to impress back then? Don't know about that if anything it's easier now cus coming out with a single that gets played in the club sometimes does well.

"I'm not trying to top Thriller. Anybody trying to top something that's already been done is fighting a losing battle". "It was a different industry back then, a different way of thinking and people were easier to impress. Everything in music has been done now, so Michael just needs to find his place again"[/b]
Easier to impress back then? Don't know about that if anything it's easier now cus coming out with a single that gets played in the club sometimes does well.

Yeah right. In this day and age when people like Soulja Boy and D4L can get to #1 with songs like "Crank Dat" and "Laffy Taffy", I really see now how people today are harder to impress :rolleyes:. Ne-Yo just needs to be quiet 4 real because anytime he talks, I start to dislike him even more lol.

Yeah right. In this day and age when people like Soulja Boy and D4L can get to #1 with songs like "Crank Dat" and "Laffy Taffy", I really see now how people today are harder to impress :rolleyes:. Ne-Yo just needs to be quiet 4 real because anytime he talks, I start to dislike him even more lol.

I think it was much HARDER to impress back then...now its way too easy...its crap! Lazy butts...

Back