justin timberlake joins autotune and tpain

or...people who are good songwriters can use it to get leverage to get good singers to surround them, when, otherwise they could not.

sorta the way the songwriters for Journey could keep that group going, by getting another singer.

some singers have such huge egos, and are so arrogant, that they pick and choose who they work with. but, now, with autotune, these songwriters have more power. (not saying whether or not Steve Perry was arrogant. i don't know..that's between Journey and him, but a lot of other singers have demonstrated their arrogance. so, naturally, they're lashing out at autotune. right now, tpain can't get a room by himself, cus of all the people that want to work with him. although he can sing, i wonder if he coulda gotten all those people who are big time singers, to work with him, if he didn't find a way to stand out. i kinda doubt it.(cus some people don't consider him to be an outstanding singer)

music doesn't have room for arrogance. and it's clear that tpain is a hustler. people looked down their nose at him for various reasons. now he made a smart move, and now MJ signed him to his company, and everybody wants to work with him. indeed, music has no room for arrogance.

Last edited:
Um... what's that about MJ signing him? He may have stakes in a music catalog, but that doesn't really mean he has control over who gets signed to whatever lables those catalogs entail.

I agree with a lot of what you say though.

I do think T-Pain is an artist. Again, my problem with today's music isn't what's out there... it's what dominates the market. There is and always has been a place in music for artists like T-Pain, Kanye West and other pop/rap artists of their kind. However, those songs/artists usually don't dominate the market and there used to be a wider range of talent and styles in the top ten charts.

Um... what's that about MJ signing him? He may have stakes in a music catalog, but that doesn't really mean he has control over who gets signed to whatever lables those catalogs entail.

I agree with a lot of what you say though.

I do think T-Pain is an artist. Again, my problem with today's music isn't what's out there... it's what dominates the market. There is and always has been a place in music for artists like T-Pain, Kanye West and other pop/rap artists of their kind. However, those songs/artists usually don't dominate the market and there used to be a wider range of talent and styles in the top ten charts.

well..that doesn't mean he doesn't either. he has cache with the artist community.
he made an announcement, that's on Rasta's siggy, that says he is aware of the contents of the catalogue. he mentioned the classics, and the contemporary acts..and said how proud he is to welcome them to the venture.

i know it's easy for people sometimes to believe that MJ couldn't have his nose deep into the business end of what he does..but it could be one of the reasons why he spends so much time out of our sight. also, tpain had responded, once to all the haters of his work, by saying that 'Mike liked it, so that's all that matters'.

and, maybe i'd have a problem with those artists dominating the market in the bold lettering, if they weren't all atv artists. lol..

besides...i've heard that the beatles used to dominate the market in the sixties..
and that anti war music used to dominate it in the seventies, along with disco.

and..i'm like..well...if i want to not be dominated, i'll just turn off the radio, or turn to a classical or jazz station that never heard of tpain. but the reality is..lol..i like that the market is dominated by atv artists, atm..lol

although, i've also heard that beethoven's ninth is in the atv catalogue, too, along with some great jazz masters. so..lol...oh well *hand clap*

Last edited:
Back