Justin Bieber Talks Michael Jackson & More In New Complex Feature

I respect Justin for his devoted respect to Michael. He is clearly a huge fan and is largely inspired by him. I think that is so great. That only helps Michael's legacy and his name. I can respect Bieber in that manner. He knows good music, that's for sure. Good for him, truly. However, I'm getting sick of everybody thinking he's the "new" Michael Jackson. I can't even tell you how many times I've heard people say this and have read about it on the internet (the media, twitter, facebook). I will be honest and say that I truly don't understand what's so great about his music. I don't see the kid being around within the next few years, sorry to say. But people are making a huge deal about comparing him to Michael just because he is a big fan and are going as far as calling him the "Prince" to Michael's "King." I'm sorry but Bieber will never reach close to Michael's status, and I'm sure even he knows that. What has Justin done that even makes him remotely comparable to Michael? Does the kid even compose/write his own songs? If you ask me, Justin Bieber reminds me more of a cross between Jesse McCartney and Aaron Carter...definitely not Michael Jackson.

Also, there is nobody like Michael. Michael reached his height because of the whole package, not just because he was an extremely talented man. He had a heart of gold, cared so much about humanity, and put a lot of that love into his music. You can feel the power and emotion in every song. I don't get that feeling from Bieber's music or any music of today. There's just no power, passion, or love.

I respect Justin for his devoted respect to Michael. He is clearly a huge fan and is largely inspired by him. I think that is so great. That only helps Michael's legacy and his name. I can respect Bieber in that manner. He knows good music, that's for sure. Good for him, truly. However, I'm getting sick of everybody thinking he's the "new" Michael Jackson. I can't even tell you how many times I've heard people say this and have read about it on the internet (the media, twitter, facebook). I will be honest and say that I truly don't understand what's so great about his music. I don't see the kid being around within the next few years, sorry to say. But people are making a huge deal about comparing him to Michael just because he is a big fan and are going as far as calling him the "Prince" to Michael's "King." I'm sorry but Bieber will never reach close to Michael's status, and I'm sure even he knows that. What has Justin done that even makes him remotely comparable to Michael? Does the kid even compose/write his own songs? If you ask me, Justin Bieber reminds me more of a cross between Jesse McCartney and Aaron Carter...definitely not Michael Jackson.

Also, there is nobody like Michael. Michael reached his height because of the whole package, not just because he was an extremely talented man. He had a heart of gold, cared so much about humanity, and put a lot of that love into his music. You can feel the power and emotion in every song. I don't get that feeling from Bieber's music or any music of today. There's just no power, passion, or love.

Agree. Agree. I USED to grit my teeth at the constant comparisons. BUT...a wonderful thing happened with One Direction. They're being compared to the Beatles. A talent show comprised group with one or two charted singles is now being compared to the supposedly incomparable Beatles. I finally accept that it is just what people do. They compare any new singer or group to the icons. It builds excitement for the industry and gives columnists something to write about.

And actually, it's always been done. It just never fazed me in the past. But after June 25, I greatly resented anyone, absolutely anyone's name being breathed with Michael's. I was completely hyper sensitive. I'm handling it better now, still struggle with it, but I'm not as crazed as I used to be. There is only one Michael Jackson. He was truly one of a kind. And when you think of the combination of his SUPERIOR talents, not just the singing and dancing and being innovative, but how he could actually mouthed the sound of an instrument for a musician to then express it, that he could become a virtual band with his mouth, it becomes laughable that anyone out there today is being said to be on par with Michael Jackson

I don't care if he likes Michael or not, he's still awful.

Agree. Agree. I USED to grit my teeth at the constant comparisons. BUT...a wonderful thing happened with One Direction. They're being compared to the Beatles. A talent show comprised group with one or two charted singles is now being compared to the supposedly incomparable Beatles. I finally accept that it is just what people do. They compare any new singer or group to the icons. It builds excitement for the industry and gives columnists something to write about.

One Direction=The Beatles
:hysterical::hysterical::dropdead:
They came out 2011 and already the same level as The Beatles? I wonder who is going to be next Freddie Mercury?

Btw, one of them lads in One Direction is MJ fan and wants to buy a pet monkey:whistle2:

Last edited:
One Direction=The Beatles
:hysterical::hysterical::dropdead:
They came out 2011 and already the same level as The Beatles? I wonder who is going to be next Freddie Mercury?

COMPLETELY INSANE.

Btw, one of them lads in One Direction is MJ fan and wants to buy a pet monkey:whistle2:

Well, at least that's an acceptable comparison. He and MJ both like monkeys.

Maybe because Michael isn't here that I am a little more sensitive but he cannot be replaced. Not for me. I am glad that Justin and others respect Michael but what he is doing now gives me a weird feeling. It's hard to explain what I mean sorry. I don't see anything that resembles Michael from Justin Bieber. If anybody he reminds me of a young Justin Timberlake. I could see him going into the acting direction.

Bieber is a nice kid but, the next MJ? Not even close and WILL NEVER HAPPEN! MJ since his motown days was for all generations. My 3 yrs old niece can't stand Justin Bieber's music she even quit dancing lessons because her teacher kept playing Beiber. lol

But, my nieces and newphews love MJ music all on their own. MJ at Bieber's age would kick Biebers behind, talent and vocal wise. That's the honest truth. Not even if MJ had a twin would he be able to be MJ. There is only one and people need to let that be and stop trying to have his crown. It's annoying no matter how nice they are. -_- No one wants to be orginal these days it seems.

Bieber is a nice kid but, the next MJ? Not even close and WILL NEVER HAPPEN! MJ since his motown days was for all generations. My 3 yrs old niece can't stand Justin Bieber's music she even quit dancing lessons because her teacher kept playing Beiber. lol

But, my nieces and newphews love MJ music all on their own. MJ at Bieber's age would kick Biebers behind, talent and vocal wise. That's the honest truth. Not even if MJ had a twin would he be able to be MJ. There is only one and people need to let that be and stop trying to have his crown. It's annoying no matter how nice they are. -_- No one wants to be orginal these days it seems.

Oh, I love that twin comment. It's totally on point. Michael has a humongous family, sharing the same DNA and experiences, and none of them are who and what he was in talent, charisma, and anything else.

People just tend to forget the level of MJ's abilities. They remember the consummate entertainer, but forget the parts that made up the whole were individually exceptional. He wasn't just a good singer or dancer. He was truly gifted and innovative in both areas and everything he did.

Taylor Swift is one of the biggest selling artists today, sold a million albums in a week, but NO ONE would ever say she is the next Whitney Houston as she is not that caliber singer. But everybody who can carry a tune, get big twitter numbers, or fill up a mall is the next Michael Jackson. It really is laughable.

can we just ban threads about this little stupid kid here on this forum?
its just annoying. ^^

Back