Justin Bieber Talks Michael Jackson & More In New Complex Feature

billyworld99

Proud Member
Justin Bieber says he only raps for fun, plans on working with Drake, Pharrell Williams, and 40.

With news of pop star Justin Bieber tapping into his inner rapper for his next single “Girlfriend” on top of the singer freestyling on various radio shows there’s been lots of talk about Bieber as a rapper. But in a feature in Complex magazine the singer cleared up the rap rumors explaining that he does it merely “for fun.” “I just rap for fun. It’s nothing to take seriously,” Bieber explained to Complex. “On my new album, I’m going to do a little bit of rapping.” While Bieber may only rap for fun he still has plans on working with several Hip Hop artists in the studio including producer Pharrell Williams and rapper Drake. “We’re talking to Benny Blanco, Bei Maejor, Mike Posner. We’re going to work with Pharrell...and Bruno Mars. He’s going in with Drake and 40 next week,” said Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun.Braun also explained that Bieber pits himself against the late singer Michael Jackson when it comes to setting the bar. “He’s competitive with Michael Jackson. When he looks at who he should chase and who’s setting the bar, we only talk about Michael Jackson. We talk about Michael probably every other day,” Braun revealed. The interview with Bieber will be featured in the April/May 2012 issue of Complex.RELATED: DJ Premier Bans Justin Bieber From Entering BET Cypher With Ghostwritten VerseWith news of pop star Justin Bieber tapping into his inner rapper for his next single “Girlfriend” on top of the singer freestyling on various radio shows there’s been lots of talk about Bieber as a rapper. But in a feature in Complex magazine the singer cleared up the rap rumors explaining that he does it merely “for fun.”

“I just rap for fun. It’s nothing to take seriously,” Bieber explained to Complex. “On my new album, I’m going to do a little bit of rapping.”

While Bieber may only rap for fun he still has plans on working with several Hip Hop artists in the studio including producer Pharrell Williams and rapper Drake.

“We’re talking to Benny Blanco, Bei Maejor, Mike Posner. We’re going to work with Pharrell...and Bruno Mars. He’s going in with Drake and 40 next week,” said Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun.

Braun also explained that Bieber pits himself against the late singer Michael Jackson when it comes to setting the bar.

“He’s competitive with Michael Jackson. When he looks at who he should chase and who’s setting the bar, we only talk about Michael Jackson. We talk about Michael probably every other day,” Braun revealed.

The interview with Bieber will be featured in the April/May 2012 issue of Complex.

here's Justin's new signle boyfriend

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RoFXbt2tfbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...mplex-feature/

Justin Idolizes Michael. (sweet) he knows there is none better. It's great he sets the bar high .. but I dont see him or anyone reaching it .. You had to have lived the life Michael lived , have God given talent flowing through your veins and the passion to give your all, your life to the music and perfomace to even begin trying to reach for that bar Michael set.. It's just Not gonna happen. But it can help him be better at his craft by trying. Study the Greats .

Not a Bieber fan but he says stuff sometimes that makes me respect him,he really adores Michael and I respect that about him.

Bieber is just trying to aim high, but it remains to be seen whether he'll reach the target:)
I doubt it, but he can try.

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work."
Michael Jackson

Nice to know that Justin is studying the very best, don't somehow think he will ever reach that bar but good for him for trying.

Justin Idolizes Michael. (sweet) he knows there is none better. It's great he sets the bar high .. but I dont see him or anyone reaching it .. You had to have lived the life Michael lived , have God given talent flowing through your veins and the passion to give your all, your life to the music and perfomace to even begin trying to reach for that bar Michael set.. It's just Not gonna happen. But it can help him be better at his craft by trying. Study the Greats .

Beautifully said.

I agree with everything you just said! Michael was the King not only because he wanted to be the best, but also because he lived a life in a time and in circumstances that can not be duplicated. It suppose it doesn't hurt having high goals, but reaching them? Setting a new bar? Time will tell, but I somehow doubt it.

This brings me back to the Dangerous era, when I became fan and when media was saying that the new Guns'n'roses album was going to surpass the sales of Thriller. Well, it didn't.

No one will ever be able to reach the bar MJ set. Only angels can fly that high...

He'll never hit Michael's level, my point is just that it's good to see another young artist giving props to MJ as the King and the greatest.

I agree with everything you just said! Michael was the King not only because he wanted to be the best, but also because he lived a life in a time and in circumstances that can not be duplicated. It suppose it doesn't hurt having high goals, but reaching them? Setting a new bar? Time will tell, but I somehow doubt it.

This brings me back to the Dangerous era, when I became fan and when media was saying that the new Guns'n'roses album was going to surpass the sales of Thriller. Well, it didn't.

No one will ever be able to reach the bar MJ set. Only angels can fly that high...

He'll never hit Michael's level, my point is just that it's good to see another young artist giving props to MJ as the King and the greatest.

The greatest post in the thread!!!

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work." - Michael Jackson

yea justin respects Michael he has a goal that us unreachable but he is trying. The one thing i have to say is that Michael may have flipped off the media at times (papz) he never did his fans. Justin has been less then loving at times to his fans but thats only from what have seen and what people have said.

Michael was the king simply for the reason that his heart was bigger then the person it was in, He helped where other celebs at the time did not. The Main Reason Michael is King is because of him.

Just because he challenges himself and goes after Michael doesn't mean hes going to reach his level.

I have a feeling the hot pan Justin jumped out of is getting pretty cool by now.

Like you all said, he will never reaach Michael, I don't even think he will ever get close. This is a discussion I've had with many JB fans who keep saying he is already there, that JB is a big of a legend as MJ is. The word legend have lost all meaning these days and no one is close to MJ, and of those who are closest JB is not one of them....

if you are aiming for the stars, you can reach the treetops

Can't knock Justin, he has ambition and wants to be the best he can and so it only makes sense that Michael would be his blueprint for his career.

There is only one Michael. I think though that is a good thing someone as young as Justin mentions Michael the way he does. It shows respect and focuses on the music and all Michael did. I don't think Michael gets the credit he deserves at times. Now here is someone who is saying that Michael set the bar not just for him but he set the bar for everybody.

Do you guys know if he is as creative, original, and ground breaking with his music and dance as Michael is and able to reinvent himself early on just as Michael did? To me, these are the qualities he needs as well as studying the greats. Since the 70s I have seen a lot of hot numbers come and go, so it takes more than just being a nice guy who idolizes a great man to become a truly global, mega star. Good luck to him of course.

@Petrarose
I really don't know if he has those qualities as I know only one of his song and saw his concert opening (which was kind of copy of MJ's opening), but that is it:)
We''ll see in 20 years time if he succeeded.

I like him as nearly every time he opens his mouth or tweeting, he mentions Michael as his inspiration
Justin Bieber &#8207; @justinbieber Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
meeting for the #BELIEVETOUR - gonna be epic. #MJInspiration

It's nice that Bieber looks up to Michael and aims to have a career like him, but it's something that will never happen. Many before Bieber have tried and failed miserably, so NO CHANCE IN HELL for Bieber. Although, he will still have a successful career though.

The most important is not whether he has (or has not) a career like that of Michael, the most important is that he has Michael as a reference to move forward with their projects, for me that is enough. Justin seems like a good boy.

Do you guys know if he is as creative, original, and ground breaking with his music and dance as Michael is and able to reinvent himself early on just as Michael did? To me, these are the qualities he needs as well as studying the greats. Since the 70s I have seen a lot of hot numbers come and go, so it takes more than just being a nice guy who idolizes a great man to become a truly global, mega star. Good luck to him of course.

Nothing groundbreaking yet, but he sure knows how to use social media well. He gets on twitter with his 19 million followers and is like his own pep rally...posting things like "let's make Boyfriend #1 on Billboard, I know we can do it. Let's get it back up to #1 on itunes. You all are so great. We're making history."

It really seems to work for him, too. His new single is good, but his hawking of it is better. That might all backfire one day. It's one thing for fans to lead a chant to make their fave #1 of something, but when the actual artist does it, it could become a turn off.

Latest from Justin, he is "channeling" Michael:D

Justin Bieber Channels Michael Jackson in "Boyfriend" Teaser

He's always been vocal about his role models, but Justin Bieber took it to a new level by showing his fans how Michael Jackson has been an inspiration in a teaser for his hit single "Boyfriend".

The 19-year-old released the third teaser for the music video to "Boyfriend" and, in it, he shows off his silhouette in a classic Jackson pose with his legs crossed and extending his arm for a finger snap.

Bieber sat down for an "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" interview and opened up about how the late pop singer inspired him to write songs on his new album "Believe".

Admitting that his music career is taking a bit of a turn, Justin explained, &#8220;The music is very fresh, but it&#8217;s also I&#8217;m taking a lot from old school music, a lot of Michael Jackson is inspired in this album. A lot of old R&B. A lot of old pop. Just stuff that I feel I can bring into, but also make fresh and new.&#8221;

Although there is no set date for the release of his music video to "Boyfriend," the Canadian sensation is keeping busy while working on new material. as he tweeted, "now headed to a COVER SHOOT with big bro @UsherRaymondIV - we got duets on both of our albums coming".

http://www.gossipcenter.com/justin-...nnels-michael-jackson-boyfriend-teaser-602121

[video=youtube;mhERS6rX-TY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mhERS6rX-TY[/video]

Justin Bieber Works His Best Michael Jackson In New 'Boyfriend' Video Teaser (VIDEO)Posted 4 hours ago by Jenna Rubenstein in Celebrity, Music, Videos

large1.jpeg
Watch Justin Bieber's third 'Boyfriend' video teaser.
I'm not sure whether to freak out over the fact that Justin Bieber has continued his torturous rampage of releasing teasers for his forthcoming "Boyfriend" video or to lose it over the fact that the third teaser features JB's super dope Michael Jackson impression. It's like, yes, I may spontaneously combust if I don't see the "Boyfriend" video in full, but I'm also mildly satiated by this MJ moment. Not sure how to feel.
Watch Justin Bieber's new "Boyfriend" video teaser after the jump.
As we learned in Justin's Complex spread, Justin admires Michael Jackson but also aims to match (and beat!) his music industry records. So, it makes sense that Justin's "Boyfriend" video would include a small homage to the artist that helps him channel his ambition. As the 10-second clip begins, we see Justin cozy up next to a hot chick wearing some gold claw jewelry that could most definitely poke your eye out. Next thing we know, against the backdrop of the moon, Justin stands in a classic Jackson position working his best Michael snap move. Then the preview is over and we're left wondering if JB is going to hook up with that hot chick and/or eventually break out into the moonwalk. So many questions, so few answers!
Um, it would be great if Justin Bieber would just release the damn video already and take Beliebers worldwide out of their misery. Kthxbai.
+ Watch Justin Bieber's third "Boyfriend" video teaser.

I don't think there will be another Michael Jackson for a long, long time....MJ set the bar so high. But, I'm glad that other musicians admire all the hard work MJ put into his music and maybe one day, we will have good music again.

Back