Justin Bieber: Michael Jackson's 'Man in the Mirror' Inspires 'Pray'

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Michael Jackson apparently plays a part in the writing of Justin Bieber's new song "Pray". In a recent radio interview, the 16-year-old pop sensation admitted that he was inspired by the late King of Pop's "Man in the Mirror" when writing the inspirational song for his upcoming acoustic album, "My Worlds Acoustic".

Speaking to Ryan Seacrest on Wednesday, November 17, the "Baby" hitmaker spilled, "I definitely thought of Michael [Jackson's] 'Man in the Mirror' when I was writing it." On why he wrote the song, he shared, "There's so many songs about love and I think that it's great to take it out of that world for a minute. There's other things that are important and I just wanted to be motivational."

Describing "Pray" further, Justin added, "It's a very uplifting song, very motivational, it definitely comes from the heart. I think everybody young or old will be able to relate to this song." During the radio chat, he also noted that he will perform the tune at the American Music Awards this coming Sunday, November 21.

Justin's "My Worlds Acoustic" album will be out in stores across the U.S. on Black Friday, November 26. Of the acoustic effort, he said, "I think that there's always going to be people that try to bring you down and you just got to prove them wrong. I'm just blessed to have devoted fans. My fans just kind of spoil me."

http://www.celebrity-mania.com/news/view/00017028.html

Awww. I'm not much of a fan of JB but I do love that fact that he was truly inspired by Michael.

This is what I like even though HE is over rated but I love when young artist pay respect to him.I tried to copy
n paste a program i saw on ABCnews where JB watling about how much he was inspired by Michael and how he learnt so much from the TII movie,but could not, anyway this the kinda praise I like to see MJ getting I like this.

Last edited:
He's a nice kid. I hate it when kids are being sold to the evil music industry. I hope he'll be a strong one, because Hollywood has got this obsession with child stars, eager to corrupt them.

This is what I like even though HE is over rated but I love when young artist pay respect to him.I tried to copy
n paste a program i saw on ABCnews where JB watling about how much he was inspired by Michael and how he learnt so much from the TII movie,but could not, anyway this the kinda praise I like to see MJ getting I like this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/reasons-obsess-blanket-jackson/story?id=12113970

Please ignore the stupid blanket article but look and the second video Michael's Legacy.

Yeah... He was inspired by MJ, he always said that
so is a lot others but yeah :)
his a good kid, even though a lot of people hate on him

i dont beleive he wrote it...but yeah his always milking around about mj for some media attention!

Yeah... He was inspired by MJ, he always said that
so is a lot others but yeah :)
his a good kid, even though a lot of people hate on him

I must say that I also don't understand, maybe because medias often talk about him as the "next MJ" :no: - I like the way he talks, he's a wise kid.

Bieber is young and he's always shown MJ respect so he's cool with me

Just found that out today since it was a trending topic on Twitter (so I looked it up, and it's his 1st birthday today, hence the gazillion tweets wishing him a happy birthday lol)

Yeh i saw it on Twitter lol! Maybe he was named Jaxon because of MJ?

BTW: at the AMA's the other day, when accepting one of his awards he said..

'Without Michael Jackson, none of us would be here'

..kinda an exaggeration.. but he meant well..

some MJ fans still tweet sh!t about him when he gives MJ credit..:smilerolleyes:.. makes no sense.. they'd rather have him hate MJ or give MJ no credit ever.. lol?

It's mind blowing to me that people cannot see through the obvious subterfuge and realize that JB is simply pandering to MJ's fans in an attempt to boost his own record sales.

The positive responses by many in this thread and others regarding him and his MJ comments confirm this...

In a perfect world lol...Justin "Autotune" Bieber would stop name-dropping MJ for his own financial gains. His music, from the one and a half songs of his I've heard, has nothing in common with Michael in any way, shape or form.

It's mind blowing to me that people cannot see through the obvious subterfuge and realize that JB is simply pandering to MJ's fans in an attempt to boost his own record sales.

The positive responses by many in this thread and others regarding him and his MJ comments confirm this...

In a perfect world lol...Justin "Autotune" Bieber would stop name-dropping MJ for his own financial gains. His music, from the one and a half songs of his I've heard, has nothing in common with Michael in any way, shape or form.

that's true

Yeah, right. Beyonce, Usher, Ne-Yo and other 500 artist who say that they're MJ fans and influenced by his music are lying because of record sales.

The Truth.

Yeah, right. Beyonce, Usher, Ne-Yo and other 500 artist who say that they're MJ fans and influenced by his music are lying because of record sales.

At least those artists have actual raw talent, and they don't reference how they mimic him in every opportunity. JB on the other hand doesn't have it, and has boring boring soulless music that only appeals to teen girls because they think he is cute.

Last edited:
The Truth.

At least those artists have actual raw talent, and they don't reference how they mimic him in every opportunity. JB on the other hand doesn't have it, and has boring boring soulless music that only appeals to teen girls because they think he is cute.

I wasn't talking about who has talent and who has not.

I wasn't talking about who has talent and who has not.

"Yeah, right. Beyonce, Usher, Ne-Yo and other 500 artist who say that they're MJ fans and influenced by his music are lying because of record sales."

These artists can say they're MJ fans and influenced by his music, without this kind of criticism because they HAVE talent. I really don't mind at all when artists do what Usher or Ne-Yo do..it's fine, but JB is horrible. When you don't have it like JB, he is mentioning Michael non stop, as Steve001 said,it's to pander to Michael's fans. When you mention those artists I wanted to talk about the underlying tone of talent that has in play of this specific situation. He doesn't have it, so he has to compensate by saying "Oh but I'm a Michael Jackson fan". Now I'm happy he says positive things about him don't get me wrong, but what Steve said is correct, and he's playing the whole MJ fan card over, and over, and over, and over. It's pretty obvious, if you don't think there is any self promoting reasons in why he does it, I feel that is being naive, all my opinion of course.

Last edited:
"Yeah, right. Beyonce, Usher, Ne-Yo and other 500 artist who say that they're MJ fans and influenced by his music are lying because of record sales."

These artists can say they're MJ fans and influenced by his music, without this kind of criticism because they HAVE talent. I really don't mind at all when artists do what Usher or Ne-Yo do..it's fine, but JB is horrible. When you don't have it like JB, he is mentioning Michael non stop, as Steve001 said,it's to pander to Michael's fans. When you mention those artists I wanted to talk about the underlying tone of talent that has in play of this specific situation. He doesn't have it, so he has to compensate by saying "Oh but I'm a Michael Jackson fan". Now I'm happy he says positive things about him don't get me wrong, but what Steve said is correct, and he's playing the whole MJ fan card over, and over, and over, and over. It's pretty obvious, if you don't think there is any self promoting reasons in why he does it, I feel that is being naive, all my opinion of course.

If you think that people confess they're MJ fans to sell records, than you're delusional. It's all my opinion of couse. Secondly, to say who is talented and who is not is very subjective. I know people who say that Beyonce and Usher aren't talented. So it's very subjective.

^ Or (in a non MJ fan conspiracy world) , Justin Bieber is actually a huge MJ fan himself and respects Michael so much that he feels the need to publicly recognize him. I think Bieber loves Michael and feels inspired by him. He's a nice kid :)

I don't think it's to boost his own record sales. I think it's because he doesn't want to piss MJ fans off. He knows the media can't wait to crown someone the next King of Pop. He recognizes even comparing an artist to MJ, especially one whose only be around a couple of years, offends the heck out of MJ fans. So I don't think he's pandering as much as trying to not alienate or infuriate.

If you think that people confess they're MJ fans to sell records, than you're delusional.

Yeah, there're so many stupid people among MJ fans.

So your in this thread, you've been calling people Stupid and Delusional when you don't agree with them. "There is so many stupid people among MJ fans"?...Real nice. Why don't let people have their opinions instead of attacking them?

So your in this thread, you've been calling people Stupid and Delusional when you don't agree with them. "There is so many stupid people among MJ fans"?...Real nice. Why don't let people have their opinions instead of attacking them?

I'm not attacking anyone. I only tell the truth. And the truth hurts sometimes. You know, in real life it could be silly statements, actions, ideas. And if I see or read something stupid in my opinion, I have right to say so. As you have right to hold your opinion.

I think JB is just a fan like we are. A fan who feels that he wants to talk about MJ because he loves him. I do not think it's about publicity or whatever here.
I was just wondering if James Brown's fans thought the same when MJ said that he was inspired by him! That's sad for us isn't it? But we all know that MJ loved him dearly...
But everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that.

Back