Justin Bieber just shouted out MJ

Faking playing the piano & arm band aside, I like the MJ shootout.

They are really grooming him into MJ's footsteps

He's a cutie. It took me a loooong time to like the kid because the hype was so crazed. He seems to be a really nice kid. MJ would be proud, and I love how Usher has taken him under his wing.

The performance was nice. Loved the arm band on the shirt and the choir. Nice touch, very MJ, yet somewhat original. Glad he mentioned Michael when he won his award. He is a very humble and grateful guy!

That was very nice to hear and sweet of him. Should be a law that every person have to say that ;)

Everyone already knows by now that Justin Beiber is a HUGE Michael Jackson fan! :) While accepting his AMA for Favourite Pop/rock Male Artist at the 38th Annual American Music Awards in Los Angeles last night, he thanked the legend in his speech- "I want to thank Michael Jackson because without Michael Jackson, none of us would be here.”
:) :clap::flowers:

Love to see the new generation show its admiration, respect, love, gratitude, appreciation towards the King of Pop!!! :)

Go Beiber!

Last year Michael Jackson had won two AMAs, including one for Best Pop/Rock Male artist!

Last edited:
Re: Justin Beiber thanks Michael Jackson at the AMAs!

Nice to know he said this, but I still don't like Justin Beiber.

Justin Bieber had a great night at Sunday's American Music Awards. Not only did he perform his inspirational new track, "Pray," at the big show, but he also walked away with four awards, including Favorite Male Artist, Favorite Album for My World 2.0, Artist of the Year and T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist.

But Bieber's shout-out to Michael Jackson left some viewers confused: Taking the stage to collect one of his trophies, he said, "Without Michael Jackson, none of us would be here." When MTV News caught up with the superstar later in the night, he laughed off the somewhat misleading comment.

"You know, I said, 'Without Michael we wouldn't have been here,' but we would be here, but music wouldn't be the same," he explained. "I want to clarify that you'd still be born. Michael's not your dad or anything. You'd still be here. He's not your father."

Bieber may be here without Michael Jackson, but he says that he really wouldn't be here without his fans. "I think that my fans have been such a supporting factor that, I mean, I couldn't be doing this without them, so this has just been amazing," he explained. "I owe it all to my fans, my family, my friends."

Bieber says that his dad is equally impressed by what the 16-year-old has accomplished. "He was just telling me how proud he was. I'm Canadian, so he was like, it's like when he sees a hockey team score a goal and he jumps out of his seat," he said. "He's like, 'Yes! That's my boy.' So it was great."

source :
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1652783/20101122/bieber_justin.jhtml

:)

they're thinking...'this is what Michael has really done'. whether they want to admit it loudly, or not.

and Justin's not singing a song designed to attact a girl to him. he's singing a song of social change to those teenage girls and boys in the audience and watching on tv..and he's thanking Michael, and they hear it. and they're acknowledging it, cus Justin said it.

and Justin is being that responsible, with all that he's achieved and all that he's been given, at that young an age, and wearing his Michael influence on his sleeve like that...metaphorically, as well as literally..saying to people that Michael is why Justin does this.. and Justin is saying it loudly, and without shame, so that people know who his influence is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, for doing these social change music assignements..

My thoughts exactly. Whether you like Justin or not, this kind of statement is not a detail. He's actually helping restore Michael's image to the general public, mostly brainwashed by the media over the years.

I am not a fan of Justin but I don't hate him either. I do appreciate hearing the thank you. Michael changed the music business and influenced many. You see the influence over the years but most people didn't acknowledge that. I wish Michael could hear these things now.

That was so sweet and awesome of him. It is so amazing that as young as he is he understands who and what Michael is to music. Thank you Justin.

Justin Bieber had a great night at Sunday's American Music Awards. Not only did he perform his inspirational new track, "Pray," at the big show, but he also walked away with four awards, including Favorite Male Artist, Favorite Album for My World 2.0, Artist of the Year and T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist.

But Bieber's shout-out to Michael Jackson left some viewers confused: Taking the stage to collect one of his trophies, he said, "Without Michael Jackson, none of us would be here." When MTV News caught up with the superstar later in the night, he laughed off the somewhat misleading comment.

"You know, I said, 'Without Michael we wouldn't have been here,' but we would be here, but music wouldn't be the same," he explained. "I want to clarify that you'd still be born. Michael's not your dad or anything. You'd still be here. He's not your father."

Bieber may be here without Michael Jackson, but he says that he really wouldn't be here without his fans. "I think that my fans have been such a supporting factor that, I mean, I couldn't be doing this without them, so this has just been amazing," he explained. "I owe it all to my fans, my family, my friends."

Bieber says that his dad is equally impressed by what the 16-year-old has accomplished. "He was just telling me how proud he was. I'm Canadian, so he was like, it's like when he sees a hockey team score a goal and he jumps out of his seat," he said. "He's like, 'Yes! That's my boy.' So it was great."

source :
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1652783/20101122/bieber_justin.jhtml

:)

Replying to the part in bold...i'm sorry..but does Justin think people are stupid or something? Seriously.....he's not our father, we'd still been born, really?!!!!

Why did he even say this? I mean....wtf?

Replying to the part in bold...i'm sorry..but does Justin think people are stupid or something? Seriously.....he's not our father, we'd still been born, really?!!!!

Why did he even say this? I mean....wtf?

Have u read an article carefully? It says "But Bieber's shout-out to Michael Jackson left some viewers confused". So he had to explain his words to these stupid "confused viewers". I'm sure Justin also thought WTF?

His music isn't exactly my cup of tea, but he's a cute kid and seems very nice and humble.

He always says nice things about MJ.

Have u read an article carefully? It says "But Bieber's shout-out to Michael Jackson left some viewers confused". So he had to explain his words to these stupid "confused viewers". I'm sure Justin also thought WTF?

Oh please. Those viewers and the writer of the article knew EXACTLY what Justin meant. He was saying music wise, a lot of the artists wouldn't have been there or have gotten as far without MJ's influence and contributions to the entertainment industry. I think we all got that and understood that's what he meant.

He obviously didn't mean it in the literal sense.

I don't think anyone was "confused" at all. Some just can't stand anything nice being said about MJ. These haters are pathetic.

I like the fact that he's only 16 yet he still respects MJ.. That's cool to me..

I just wish MJ was still around to see all the love and shoutouts from people

i though it was sweet to that he thanked michael. i started bawling as soon as he did. i love seeing the love and respect being shown to Michael but like alot of you guys i feel like its all too late bc even though michael got plently of love and respect from his fans and fellow musicans it just seems like it just wasnt enough and it doesnt seem to mean anything since he is not hear to witness it all. just makes me miss him so much more. :cry:

Back