Justin Bieber just shouted out MJ

StacyJ

Proud Member
justin bieber shoutout to Michael at the AMAS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

justin beiber won best pop male and before he left he sad he wanted to thank michael jackson because without him none of the performers out today wouldn't be here

That's pretty cool :)! Is there any video posted yet or is it too soon?

Am watching the AMA too. Justin Bieber thanked Michael during his acceptance speech. He's definitely inspired by Michael. His performance to his costume (the arm band) are all shoutouts to Michael.

Usher's dance routine is full of Michael's signature moves. I still have mixed feeling seeing all these Michael Jackson inspired performances. On one hand, I'm delighted to see artists now are carrying on his legacy. On the other hand, they all remind me the fact that none can do it better than Michael.

I miss him more and more... :cry:

Am watching the AMA too. Justin Bieber thanked Michael during his acceptance speech. He's definitely inspired by Michael. His performance to his costume (the arm band) are all shoutouts to Michael.

Usher's dance routine is full of Michael's signature moves. I still have mixed feeling seeing all these Michael Jackson inspired performances. On one hand, I'm delighted to see artists now are carrying on his legacy. On the other hand, they all remind me the fact that none can do it better than Michael.

I miss him more and more... :cry:

I miss Michael so much

That's nice...

At the same time, it makes me sad too though... because he's no longer around to hear all these accolades. :( We all know he was the best and will forever be the standard of talent and greatness in music.

That's nice...

At the same time, it makes me sad too though... because he's no longer around to hear all these accolades. :( We all know he was the best and will forever be the standard of talent and greatness in music.

It makes me sad too.

That's nice...

So true.....I feel so honoured to have experienced his magic...and continue to experience his magic everytime I see him/watch him.....Thank you, Michael.....:heart:

Arklove, Marebear... :hug:

It makes me happy to see fellow MJ Canadian fans... ;)

Although I didn't think much of him before, I now have respect for him because he acknowledged the great King of Pop, without whom none of them would be their.

Yes, I saw this and much of the show. This was nice of the kid. Couldn't help but think about MJ and miss him (especially since most all of the "performers" sang out of tune).

awwww hes such a cutie pie!!! always liked him he has rly good energy and is a sweetheart!! They didnt air this acceptance in the US tho... or maybe i missed it. weird!

lol dosent sound like he thanked him from heart..he was like..eehmmm ..want tho thank michael jackson...**** JB hate him

^

Well... dude I know he doesn't have the greatest music in the world but I don't have anything against him personally. He seems like a nice kid. I'm still not a fan though... xD

Aww! JB is a nice kid! Not a fan but, I don't hate him, he is just a kid! I thought it was cool that he thanked MJ who Usher loves and Usher is JB mentor! So ya make sense!

Plus, JB performed a song with a choir with a shirt that had a armband! The song was inspired by man in the mirror like he had said in an interview! He even got on his knees at the end of the performance not as good as MJ but, I got it! LOL He so watched MJ's Grammy performance!

That's the first thing I saw when I turned to the AMA's and it put a huge smile on my face :D.

Aww! JB is a nice kid! Not a fan but, I don't hate him, he is just a kid! I thought it was cool that he thanked MJ who Usher loves and Usher is JB mentor! So ya make sense!

Plus, JB performed a song with a choir with a shirt that had a armband! The song was inspired by man in the mirror like he had said in an interview! He even got on his knees at the end of the performance not as good as MJ but, I got it! LOL He so watched MJ's Grammy performance!

[youtube]RG7boffgzcI[/youtube]

I AGREE!!!:yes:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Funny I just post this on the video of JB singing

This song was inspired on Man in the mirror by Michael Jackson. He is following the steps of the greatest!!

And the owner of the count deleted my post!!

i always respected -JB cus he always showed that respect to Michael. Beiber's a nice guy and nice guys stay the long haul.

He doesn't deserve the award IMO, but he's definitely right about this

justin beiber won best pop male and before he left he sad he wanted to thank michael jackson because without him none of the performers out today wouldn't be here

He's a nice kid. My sister loves him and he speaks highly of Michael. (Usher is teaching him well..) He speaks of him in his book too. My sister showed me. He has this quote in huge letters in his book.

If I can do just one-tenth of the good Michael Jackson did for others, I can really make a difference in this world.

I think it's sweet :happy:

lol dosent sound like he thanked him from heart..he was like..eehmmm ..want tho thank michael jackson...**** JB hate him

well..i'm thinking there is a gremlin..llike a devil in the media, that left a waft in the atmosphere, that makes people feel they have to have courage to thank Michael Jackson, in public, despite the giant fanbase enthusiasm Michael always had. and it takes people like JB to make it trendy to thank him without feeling trepid about it, on an award show. it felt like Justin had to work up enough strength to thank MJ, because the media made it feel like it's not cool to thank him on a show..it felt like Justin wanted to thank MJ, the first two times he got up, but the courage wasn't quite there yet. i blame the media for that, and i admire Justin. he's real about this. and it brought tears to my eyes, watching the video of Justin's song, 'Pray', and then i saw the quote in one of the following posts, where Justin says, 'If I could do just one tenth of the good that Michael Jackson did for others, I could really make a change(do some good) in this world.' to paraphrase...he said it a lot better than what i wrote there. Justin is 16 or 17, and he's on that show, performing that song, complete with the choir, making it bluntly clear that he's influenced by Michael, with no apologies. And so i see that Michael planted this seed, and this seed is Justin Beiber..representing all the kids in the world. here's a kid..in the face of the media, which villified Michael, when it came to his relationship with children...and you see Justin there...and you realize...that that performance is talking loudly to the media..and the audience watching. Michael started a trend. and Justin represents that trend..singing on a show, a song for social change, ala Man In The Mirror.

this is what Michael has really done for kids.

Justin Beiber is what Michael has really done for kids.

and the adults are watching, and you have to know what they're thinking..

they're thinking...'this is what Michael has really done'. whether they want to admit it loudly, or not.

so, all this is bringing tears to my eyes.

cus the little girls are screaming..and Justin's not singing a song designed to attact a girl to him. he's singing a song of social change to those teenage girls and boys in the audience and watching on tv..and he's thanking Michael, and they hear it. and they're acknowledging it, cus Justin said it.

that's important to me. and i'm glad i just saw all this.

when i think of all the situations kids can get into, that could hurt them, or destroy them..and when i think of the adults who really abuse kids, and i think they're all watching the tv at this time, watching this award show, and hearing the quotes that Justin said about being one tenth like Michael...

and i see that Justin wants to use his gift to be like Michael, to do good in the world....

and Justin is being that responsible, with all that he's achieved and all that he's been given, at that young an age, and wearing his Michael influence on his sleeve like that...metaphorically, as well as literally..saying to people that Michael is why Justin does this.. and Justin is saying it loudly, and without shame, so that people know who his influence is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, for doing these social change music assignements..

Thanks, Justin.

Last edited:
Back