Just Saw TII Blue Ray.... Very Very Cool!! Whats ur opinion??

I thought and decided that the most pasture is blu-ray you buy it and nothing more all bonus and features there plus only bd bonus

What is the difference between the 90min extra and the 60min extra. Someone bought me the 60min as a gift but I am not seeing him at the meeting table eating. Is that on the 90min? If so, I must have that one.

The short parts where we can hear music/back-up singing of Stranger in Moscow and Will You Be There made me so sad and so happy at the same time. And seeing the set list written on the white board...

All in all, I loved all the extras on the DVD, very heart-warming. Actually, the extras on DVD were better than I expected. (I have the Asian version, which is the same as European, I guess. Asian blu-ray also has the unfinished rehearsals, but sadly I don't have a player for that.)

The short parts where we can hear music/back-up singing of Stranger in Moscow and Will You Be There made me so sad and so happy at the same time. And seeing the set list written on the white board...

All in all, I loved all the extras on the DVD, very heart-warming. Actually, the extras on DVD were better than I expected. (I have the Asian version, which is the same as European, I guess. Asian blu-ray also has the unfinished rehearsals, but sadly I don't have a player for that.)

But the unfinished rehearsals aren't anything special, right?
At least it's not that what we wanted it to be...!

^omg if you have the unfinished rehearsals you gotta find a way to play it and see whats on there! Lol.

Just popping in to write what an amazing show TII would have been. I just finished watching the Blu Ray special features...and I am speechless.

I keep think what the reviews would have been like AFTER opening night. The show would have been epic.

MJ & his team came up with some fantastic ideas...I have goosebumps. What a loss!

OT: I know some people worried there would be a lot of talks...there is a lot more MJ than I first thought. And I can appreciate the fact that Kenny, Travis and the others share their stories to put the images on screen into context.

It is amazing seeing MJ interact with his team.

Just popping in to write what an amazing show TII would have been. I just finished watching the Blu Ray special features...and I am speechless.

I keep think what the reviews would have been like AFTER opening night. The show would have been epic.

MJ & his team came up with some fantastic ideas...I have goosebumps. What a loss!

OT: I know some people worried there would be a lot of talks...there is a lot more MJ than I first thought. And I can appreciate the fact that Kenny, Travis and the others share their stories to put the images on screen into context.

It is amazing seeing MJ interact with his team.

..... I think I feel like crying again..........

:cry:

..... I think I feel like crying again..........

:cry:

I cried when Frank Dileo talked about MJ taking his son (Dileo's) to school for Show & tell.

I cried when Michael Bearden got emotional...and that guitar player..when he took off his sunglasses to wipe his tears...sad.

MJ was really special. "Memories of Michael" was the saddest part..but it remains one of my faves.

Yes, tho' it's not fair to the people!
Not every fan is able to see the same special footages - this is very unfair...!

Ditto!:punk:

and guess what they said since the European countries will have a late launch for the DVD they are given an extra footage "The Unfinished Rehearsals" to make up for it. Now what's funny is the Limited Edition of Wal-Mart United States has the "Unfinished Rehearsals" and they get to have their DVDs exactly on the launch date. For US Best Buy's Limited Edition you'll not get the Unfinished Rehearsals but they have the "Dancing Machine featurette" which the Wal-Mart Limited Edition doesn't have! and on top of that each edition or releases comes with different freebies on it, there's one that gets a free shirt, a free O2 VIP Lenticular pass, a poster...etc..

IT'S REALLY FRUSTRATING! they want us to buy each and every version of it. Everybody's going gaga over what to really get and it isn't funny at all.

go SONY! mess with our heads more! Had Michael been alive today, I'm sure SONY will be history. Mike hates it when his fans are being taken advantage of.

and guess what they said since the European countries will have a late launch for the DVD they are given an extra footage "The Unfinished Rehearsals" to make up for it. Now what's funny is the Limited Edition of Wal-Mart United States has the "Unfinished Rehearsals" and they get to have their DVDs exactly on the launch date. For US Best Buy's Limited Edition you'll not get the Unfinished Rehearsals but they have the "Dancing Machine featurette" which the Wal-Mart Limited Edition doesn't have! and on top of that each edition or releases comes with different freebies on it, there's one that gets a free shirt, a free O2 VIP Lenticular pass, a poster...etc..

IT'S REALLY FRUSTRATING! they want us to buy each and every version of it. Everybody's going gaga over what to really get and it isn't funny at all.

go SONY! mess with our heads more! Had Michael been alive today, I'm sure SONY will be history. Mike hates it when his fans are being taken advantage of.

Is it your first time buying DVD or blu ray of a movie? This is what the companies do. It is done all the time. Does not make it right but it is what it is. Record companies have started doing the same thing...they partner with different stores to cater to their specific clientele. Try google a bit...and you might be surprise to see how many walmart or target exclusives there are for popular movies.

Why do people act like it is the first time in the history of the world different version of a movie is being sold at different stores?

And nowhere does it say YOU HAVE TO BUY ALL THE different products. The whining is annoying and totally unnecessary.

I saw it and loved it! I sang along and danced and just had a blast lol im watching it on my PSP again right now.

But yeah Sony does take advantage of their fans and there still making loads off money off of poor sweet Michael

and with everyone complaining about the different versions

ever hear of youtube? lol

well..from what i hear, here, i guess i am ok with itunes download on my computer. from that, you would get no idea that MJ passed, except for some of what is written at the beginning of the movie. and i really don't think i can take watching anything filmed after the 25th, that clearly indicates he is gone. that's just me.

i jus watched my blu ray as well, and it was good, but am I missing something, or was there supposed to be more talk about Light man? I remember a video appearing online of them showing the actual casting of the costume and everything, but didn't see that on the blu ray, let me know where i should look lol

I got the special edition (2 disc set). I went to walmart and went straight to electronics and i started frantically looking around. I couldnt find this is it and then i asked a cashier if they had and he pointed me to the middle aisle. I ran towards it and then i got my copy, i actually picked out the nicest one that had no dents no nothing on the cover. I started watching, but i didnt watch the man in mirror part. I dont think i can ever watch it, becuase the dvd ends there with the words "1958-2009" and i dont want that in my memory at all. So right now i am watching my bonus disc, i am loving it. I am calling in sick tomoro, cuz its already 1 am and i am not done watching.

All your talk about the extras is making me soooooo impatient! I wish Feb would hurry up! I need the postman to slip my copy through the door and skive off work to watch it!

I didn't wanna buy it at first but I did just a few hours ago . watched it and cried like a baby :(

sc8hma.png

this part made me sad
rc3fbm.png

2zhmd8i.png

Why do people act like it is the first time in the history of the world different version of a movie is being sold at different stores?

Becasue this isn't just a movie and work of fiction. It's the last real life testament of Michael Jackson, not an actor playing him, but Michael himself, and we want to see everything that's available. In other words, we never cared so much to see everything because the circumstances for this "movie" are unlike any other.

And nowhere does it say YOU HAVE TO BUY ALL THE different products. The whining is annoying and totally unnecessary.

No, we don't have to buy all the different versions, but I don't think it's any more annoying than the need to have to buy all of them to see everything available considering what this "movie" represents.

ETA: It just seems greed can never take a back seat and that's EXTREMELY annoying.

Last edited:

Yepp, unfortunately this is true!
Nothing we can do...

Ughhhh! I went to Target yesterday to get my 3D glasses for the grammy's, they had the Blu-Ray/DVD combo for 24.99...I thought "what a great deal"!!! Now here I am reading all of this info that every store is selling different content/extras...If Sony or the stores want to change it up a bit for differnet retailers then it should be done with promo products (add a tshirt, poster, access to a free song/ringtone download, etc.)and not the actual discs...this is B.S. as far as I am concerned! Many of us are struggling financially, since June we have spent far more than our budget has allowed! We have humanitarian crisis' all over the world that could really use that extra 10, 20 dollars that we will thoughtlessly hand over to the 'fat-suits' again and again just to gain an extra 10minutes of footage that we may have missed on the other disc that we bought!!! In essence we are their slaves!
If you have not bought your version of 'This Is It', I ask you to do your homework and figure out which store will be carrying the one that interests you....not like me that jumped at a bargain and did my homework afterwards!
namaste

I just saw all of the footage from TII Blue ray ... i must say .. i was very stunned, you see allot of new footage, but also allot of people talkin about Michael and that he was a sweet guy. There are some parts of the movie that i really had a hard time watching... You will see that for yourself ...not going to talk about that. But for some parts of the movie ..it's really sad and it made me cry... Just because i miss him allot.

I was going to try to wait until this weekend when I could watch totally alone. Just me and Michael. But I couldn't wait. And watched a couple of the features. Like you I cried at times, and smiled at other times. He really was "a sweet guy". And amazing, and brillilant, and beautiful and...and...and...just Michael!

I'm so glad we have this film.

Well... after all the talking, comments and comparisons, the blue ray seems to stand as THE "ultimate" item, with most of the features. No doubt we have to give up some things here and there. With so many versions, I don't think many of us have the money (or the nerves) to buy several versions to get it all. I am sure in time many fans will (and will share too), but so far, up to this moment, the blue ray seems to be last deal.

Of course... that is ONLY IF you have a blue ray player... if not... that is another BIG deal :mello:

Well, I ordered the bluray from amazon, so still waiting for that one to come in...So, to tide me over, I bought the Wal Mart 2 disc limited edition....I believe the only different special feature on this one is the Unfinished Rehearsals...Very short part, but from the looks of it Dirty Diana was going to be VERY VERY VERY HOT!!! My jaw dropped when I saw it...same with my bf and my sister....It would have been incredible....I think the Bluray difference is the smooth criminal and thriller vignettes..so I can't wait to see that....But, I am unsure if my bluray version will have the Dancing Machine portion...Not sure yet....I really don't want to have to get the Best Buy bluray just for that portion, but I'm not sure yet about that...

I loved the special features, very thorough, they weren't presented as flimsy 2 min portions, they were lengthy enough. And, Michael is shown through a lot of them as well...different footage here and there, but not too much. It was hard for me to finally watch Memories of Michael special feature, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be...I continue to be blown away at Billie Jean and IJCSLY...Absolutely amazing...breathtaking...I will treasure This Is It for the rest of my life....I wish it could have been shown in it's entirety...Michael worked so, so very hard on this...It was his dream...

thing is ... Sony and estate have so much power and control over us... without them we wouldn't see michael that much, so we have to buy to be able to see more michael.

Thats how this all works.. all about the money...they don't care about michael, they only care about the money, all you see in those interviews from those people who work at sony..is Acting..

Maybe Kenny was a good friend of michael (seen in this is it)... we would never know..

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and FINALLY received it in the mail yesterday. I had to use all my power to not come on this forum until I got the DVD in the mail. lol, I didn't want to see any spoilers.

On one hand, I am glad to have this movie for as long as I live. But on the other hand, I am disappointed, to say the least, that there are so many different versions e.g.: Best Buy and the Green Shirt, Blue Shirt and whatever other color shirt-blu-ray version they have going on there. Simply ridiculous.

I have the Blu-ray one from Amazon, now I have to get the Best Buy 2 disc version just to have additional footage such as the Dancing Machine featurette, and I don't care about the Vocalists or Band fluff just give me my Mike!!

Words can not explain how mad I am with Sony.

I don't care about the Vocalists or Band fluff just give me my Mike!!

Words can not explain how mad I am with Sony.

I know what you mean.

I pre-ordered from Itunes, just because all my media stuff are on itunes. I am pretty disappointed... I feel like the itunes version isn't even the complete TII we saw in theater?

Now I have to go out and buy TII BR target, walmart, and bestbuy?

Oh, yes lets not forget the $300 i will now have to spend to buy a BR player.:doh:

I cried when Frank Dileo talked about MJ taking his son (Dileo's) to school for Show & tell.

I cried when Michael Bearden got emotional...and that guitar player..when he took off his sunglasses to wipe his tears...sad.

MJ was really special. "Memories of Michael" was the saddest part..but it remains one of my faves.

One of the most emotional parts for me was when Randy Phillips told how Michael was really nervous before the press conference to announce the shows becuase he didn't know how people would react or what people thought of him. Then to see his reaction to the crowd. It made me sad that he felt that way but happy that he lived to see his concerts sell out and to know that the world still loved him that much.

How are the Thriller and Smooth Criminal Vegenette's? I don't have a Blu-Ray player so I have seen these yet.:no:

Was the only mention of MJ Air in that staging special feature? I was expecting to see more of a CG explanation of it with more detail.

so someone please explain this to me like I am two years old.

TII BR best buy, TII BR wal mart, TII BR target....... are all different?

Target only has the single disc Blu-Ray and single disc DVD. To get the two disc Blu-Ray you have to go two Best Buy. To get the two disc DVD you have to go to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart doesn't have the two disc-Blu-ray, nor does Target. Target's single disc Blu-Ray comes with a digital DVD copy.

The Best Buy 2 disc Blu-Ray has this:

Disc One:

• 2 Making of Documentaries
  • 3 Featurettes: The Gloved One-Costumes, Memories of Michael, Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers

(I believe ALL versions have those first two.)

Disc Two:
  • Dancing Machine-Choreography
  • PSP Digital Copy to transfer via Playstation 3

Exclusive to Blu-Ray:
  • Thriller and Smooth Criminal Vignettes
  • Making Smooth Criminal Featurette
  • BD LIVE enabled with movieIQ feature the "This Is It" interactive playlist

It also comes with a 3-D Backstage pass replica.

One of the most emotional parts for me was when Randy Phillips told how Michael was really nervous before the press conference to announce the shows becuase he didn't know how people would react or what people thought of him. Then to see his reaction to the crowd.

His reaction had me blubbering and grinning at the same time. Did you see how wonderful his face lit up...and that smile from ear to ear...and when he lowered his head between his arms, leaning against the platform, as if overwhelmed by emotion...OMG....I've seen that press conference a dozen times. But I didn't realilze all the feelings that must have been racing through him as he took to the platform. It's just so hard to believe that he didn't KNOW how much he was still loved and respected. And then to see him realize it, it just grabbed your heart.

Back