Just how good Invincible is

I think ''Invincible'' is a good album, just not 'perfect' 'timeless', Michael Jackson wise. There some really good tracks on it, but a lot of the beats sound too much like each other. I think 'Invincible', 'Heartbreaker' and 'Unbreakable', just sound too much like each other to be on the same album.

Vocal wise, I think he could do much better. It seems like, uhm how am I going to explain this, like he was screaming a little bit. You know that thing you get in your voice when you cough a lot (sorry, dont know the English name), so that cough thing in combination with screaming, while he can still pull it of to sing in a more 'flowy' (oh god, I feel stupid now :p), just listen to 'Hold my hand', he can still pull it of. He just doesn't sound that 'fresh' on Invincible.

I also think that Invincible wasn't really re-newing. A lot of tracks are R&B style. If you listen to other popular R&B artists around that time (Usher, Destiny's child, ect), they sound very similar to 'Invincible'. It's not like Michael made a new breaktrough in music wise, it wasn't really re-newing I think. Instead of setting a new trend, it looked like he was following the trend.

I think 'Heaven Can Wait', 'Speechless' and 'Whatever Happens' are some great songs, which deserve more attention.Speechless is vocal wise really good, this sounds like a track that could be featured on the 'Dangerous' or 'Bad' album, the song just has this timeless effect.
It is also one of the few songs on the album, Michael wrote himself.

There are some killer songs on this album, but I don't think the album is very original, since there are so many things that sound the same, it also sounds a bit ''over-produced''.

About the lack of promotion, well (I think a lot of fans are going to hate me on this one) I think Sony did enough promotion. When this album came out, it was everywhere. I mean, Michael even stood on Time square promoting his album, which I think is quite humiliating for an artist like Michael. Yes, more videos could be released, but when it came down to ''hyping'' the album, I think Sony didn't do a that bad of job. This album was in VH1, Trl, ect. I mean Michael Jackson does not have the same impact in my country as he does in America, UK, ect. His music is hardly played on the radio, so when this album came out I remember seeing it EVERYWHERE, which is quite rare. Every recordstore had these big posters and these huge cupboards standing outside with Michael head on them. When other albums were released from other artist, they would only hang up the poster somewhere in a dodgy corner. 'You Rock My World', was played on every radiochannel and was constantly on MTV. So, I don't really think you can blame it all on the ''bad promotion''.

I think Invincible is a good album, but its not memorable.
I'd have to agree with most of what you said. It was a really good explanation and read!

I think i listen to it a few times a year,lol..
I do listen to unbreakable though, love that one!
heartbreaker is cool too
and whatever happens.

Invincible is one of my favorite album's. There are some real good song with amazing beats like Unbreakable, Invincible, You Rock My World and some beautiful ballads like Break of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait and Speechless. I think it's an amazing part of Michael's career.

A good album, but not good enough for a MJ album , in my opinion.

Great songs

Unbreakable
Whatever happens

Good songs

Invincible
Speechless
Privacy
Cry
The lost children

WAY TOO many ballads, and lyrically just not very special.

Invincible is my least favorite MJ album but i still love it

Great songs

Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Invincible
Speechless
2000 Watts
The Lost Children
Threatend
You Rock My World

Good songs

Break Of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
Don't Walk Away
Cry
Whatever Happens

Songs i don't like

You Are My Life
Privacy
Butterflies

I love it very much. When i here songs such as You Are My Life, or Speechless i picture he wrote them about his children :) but i love the whole album anyway. When it comes to MJ i'll be satisfied with anything. I love Unbreakable :D
I love Michael Jackson :D

Doesn't the fan love Invincible song? I absoulutely love it! I get this kick when it starts, and no joking, it just started playing now, when I started writing! :O I have random songs on.

I never see people here write about it.

Back