June 17, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Ok, I'm starting the news really early cuz I plan on sleeping in :lol:

wow not many awake this early in the morning. All I could find was some tabliod trash...

Britney Spears is reportedly seeking Michael Jackson’s parenting advice. Apparently the troubled singer, who recently lost custody of her sons to ex-husband Kevin Federline, thinks Jackson will be able to help her because he has been through several high-profile scandals and still managed to keep custody of his three children.
Spears has recently been granted one over night visit with her two sons per week. The ‘Gimme More’ singer is also reportedly considering a stay at Jackson’s Neverland ranch.
“Michael Jackson went through a whole lot of trouble, including being tried and cleared of child molestation,” a source says. “But he always managed to keep custody of his children. Britney is hoping he might be able to help her out. And, of course, a few days out of the limelight at Neverland would also be a relaxing break.”
http://www.osdia.es/?p=3155

Surely there must be something better -- darn nothing at all sorry, hopefully there will be something better by the time I get up :yes:

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1995 - The Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson duet "Scream" hit #5 in the U.S.

[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson Quote​
[/SIZE]

Get me out
Into the night-time
Four walls won't hold me tonight
If this town
Is just an apple
Then let me take a bite
- Michael Jackson, Human Nature​

Ok, I'm starting the news really early cuz I plan on sleeping in :lol:

wow not many awake this early in the morning. All I could find was some tabliod trash...

Britney Spears is reportedly seeking Michael Jackson’s parenting advice. Apparently the troubled singer, who recently lost custody of her sons to ex-husband Kevin Federline, thinks Jackson will be able to help her because he has been through several high-profile scandals and still managed to keep custody of his three children.
Spears has recently been granted one over night visit with her two sons per week. The ‘Gimme More’ singer is also reportedly considering a stay at Jackson’s Neverland ranch.
“Michael Jackson went through a whole lot of trouble, including being tried and cleared of child molestation,” a source says. “But he always managed to keep custody of his children. Britney is hoping he might be able to help her out. And, of course, a few days out of the limelight at Neverland would also be a relaxing break.”
http://www.osdia.es/?p=3155

Surely there must be something better -- darn nothing at all sorry, hopefully there will be something better by the time I get up :yes:

Oh... and I should add, that wasn't bad for a tabloid. Not at all what I was expecting seeing the title.
Today in
Michael Jackson History

[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson Quote​
[/SIZE]

Get me out
Into the night-time
Four walls won't hold me tonight
If this town
Is just an apple
Then let me take a bite
- Michael Jackson, Human Nature​

Thanks for opening it early anyway. I know the news doesn't get out until later usually but this way we have a spot to put it when it does come out. :flowers:

Last edited:
Today in
Michael Jackson History

wasn't Scream the highest debut of all time at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100? only to be topped by YANA a few months later... a double achievement that is often overlooked!

:toofunny:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2008/06/17/exclusive-david-gest-slates-ex-liza-minnelli-in-pop-debut-89520-20610317/

Exclusive: David Gest slates ex Liza Minnelli in pop debut
By Jody Thompson, Mirror.co.uk 17/06/2008

(What's this?)I’m A Celebrity star David Gest makes his pop debut as guest vocalist on Scottish indie band Attic Lights' new single - and slates ex wife Liza Minnelli in the lyrics, Mirror.co.uk can reveal.

The former Hollywood promoter/producer and best friend of Michael Jackson refers to the Cabaret star on their song Bring You Down - with words including: "I never knew a woman could be so cold."
Gest, 55, had an acrimonious divorce from Minnelli in 2003 after a year and half of marriage.

Attic Lights asked Gest to 'sing' on their single after a chance meeting with him on a flight from London to Glasgow earlier this month. They discovered they had shared friends and taste in music and invited Gest to party with them.

Later that night, somewhat the worse for wear, they decided to work together and Gest wrote his part for their new single in five minutes. They re-recorded the single there and then.

Attic Lights lead singer Kevin Sherry told Mirror.co.uk:"Half way through when we were recording it, David suddenly said 'This is about Liza! It's all coming out of me now!' Whatever, it's real rock and roll poetry and it works. Think of Vincent Price's vocals on Michael Jackson's Thriller, it's a bit like that."

Speaking exclusively to Mirror.co.uk, David said of the single: "I’m very excited about it. The song is just so good, it’s so catchy and it’s got that real Shangri-Las, Phil Spector-ish summer flavour. I really think it has a very good shot of being a Top 10 hit."

As for exactly who had inspired his lyrics, he refused to be drawn, other than to giggle in a mock innocent way: "It’s about a woman with a heart as cold as ice who only thinks of herself. Where could I have got that idea from?"

He also added that the band were re-shooting the video for Bring You Down to include him - and that he'd played it to Michael Jackson who'd "loved it".

Meanwhile David has announced he’s touring the UK with David Gest…My Life! A Musical Concert Extravaganza featuring the likes of Peter Andre, Shalamar and rapper Coolio. The show kicks off on October 4 at the Manchester Apollo.

Bring You Down is released on July 21 and will be the band’s first major-label release having just been snapped up by Island Records. To have an exclusive listen to the track, click here:

http://del.interoute.com/?id=bf12930a-99f2-4950-b95f-6ea614d1aa06&delivery=s

tream

To see the original video for the Bring Me Down, click here.

To find out more about Attic Lights click here and to buy the single, click

David Guest is a dork. Liza ain't singing about his fat ass, and she would actually have a reason to record, since she had a good voice, lol.

Well, she did have a great voice... once, hihi
But she surely is a legend. Maybe she is cold, but I agree that Gest shouldn't walk that path.

Last edited:
Lord have mercy...david gest is actually recording a track? what is this world coming to?...somebody find gest a reality show ala I'm a z-list semi celebrity get me out of here!

Swizz Beatz Addresses Alicia Keys Rumors, Reveals Michael Jackson Tour Deal

So cool, so nonchalant — even his most extravagant endeavors seem like just regular work to Swizz Beatz.
"I'm working on this new Michael Jackson sh--," Swizz said in as calm a manner as he did when speaking to his new manager, Chaka Zulu, about which Los Angeles restaurant they should dine at. "I'm probably gonna be producing his tour and everything. I'm designing planes for Gulf Stream and everything. They called me. I'm around different people. I'm around billionaires. I'm around people like that."

-http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1589419/20080616/id_0.jhtml

Last edited:
Swizz Beatz Addresses Alicia Keys Rumors, Reveals Michael Jackson Tour Deal

So cool, so nonchalant — even his most extravagant endeavors seem like just regular work to Swizz Beatz.
"I'm working on this new Michael Jackson sh--," Swizz said in as calm a manner as he did when speaking to his new manager, Chaka Zulu, about which Los Angeles restaurant they should dine at. "I'm probably gonna be producing his tour and everything. I'm designing planes for Gulf Stream and everything. They called me. I'm around different people. I'm around billionaires. I'm around people like that."

-http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1589419/20080616/id_0.jhtml

I JUST read that and was ready to post it...very interesting. This means that Michael really is planning to hit the stage...not that I didn't suspect it already. I think he is just planning every move very carefully and talking to different people and seeing what everyone has to offer. I just hope this rumor actually plays through!

lol swizz beats.. i don't think so.

designing planes for gulfstream, billionaires... i think this muppet's been watching too much of The Aviator.

Swizz = Timbaland - Timbaland's history and success.

These cats just get one call from Michael and they think they're managing Michael's life, how exactly is Swizz Beats going to produce Michael's tour? Thats plane Bullsh..
These guys are taking the name MICHAEL JACKSON and running with it.. they're just as star struck as we are, ready to mention MJ wherever they can.
Even Will.i.am, MJ's closest asscociate so far doesnt know whats happening, who the heck does Swizzy think he is..?

"I never knew a woman could be so cold."

Dang... it is that bad? :giggle:

Peter Andre and Coolio? If that's true then... :LOL:

I JUST read that and was ready to post it...very interesting. This means that Michael really is planning to hit the stage...not that I didn't suspect it already. I think he is just planning every move very carefully and talking to different people and seeing what everyone has to offer. I just hope this rumor actually plays through!

Me too. Finally a new interesting tidbit.

Also in MJ HISTORY:

June 17 1985 - Michael Jacksons biggest fan was born...........

;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!

THanks for the news.

I do not see how David Gest is a dork or anything like that. He had to sing about what he dealt with Liza. Go David. :)

As for Swiss Beats - LOL. I see it when I believe it. I have nothing againist the guy and I like the guy, but planning MJ's tour? Hmmmmmm, I am a bit doubtful. I wanna know if Swiss was cheating on his wife with THE GIRL Alicia Keys.... LOL.

Wow, still nothing new - got a mention (NYT are rolling with MJ lol)...

After 38 Years, 'Soul Train' Gets New Owner

By BRIAN STELTER
Published: June 17, 2008
People who think of “Soul Train” as an artifact from 1970s television may be surprised to learn that the 38-year-old song-and-dance show was never canceled. Although no new episodes are produced, it lives on in reruns that showcase the taste-making music, hairstyles and fashions of decades past.
Skip to next paragraph Enlarge This Image
MadVision Entertainment
In 1972, before the moonwalk and other vogues, the Jackson Five showed the fashion of the time as they entertained fans on “Soul Train.”

Enlarge This Image
Damian Dovarganes/Associated Press
Don Cornelius, who produced “Soul Train,” has sold the rights to the show to MadVision Entertainment. “Thirty-five years is a long time,” he said.

Now a production company, MadVision Entertainment, has bought the “Soul Train” franchise from its founder, Don Cornelius, and plans to breathe new life into it. The plan is to open up the show’s archives for older consumers as well as to create a new version of the program for younger ones.
“The series has never been shown on DVD, and it’s not been utilized on video-on-demand or mobile or Internet platforms,” Peter Griffith, a co-founder of MadVision, said. “There are many opportunities that we are exploring.”
MadVision, which was founded in 2006 by three urban media veterans, is best known for the Showtime stand-up comedy series “White Boyz in the Hood.” One of the founders of MadVision, Kenard Gibbs, is the group publisher of Ebony and Jet magazines. Another founder, Anthony Maddox, worked as a producer at NBC and ran Sean Combs’s Bad Boy Films. Mr. Griffith, the third partner, founded a hip-hop Web portal and worked with Vibe to extend the magazine’s brand.
The deal for “Soul Train,” reached in mid-May, is the first acquisition for MadVision, which is based in Los Angeles. Neither the company nor Mr. Cornelius would comment on the sale price.
Mr. Cornelius, a former disc jockey, was not just the creator of “Soul Train,” but also the writer, producer and host. He produced the pilot for “Soul Train” in 1970.
Three years later, calling the show an “almost instant success,” a reviewer for The New York Times said that “Soul Train” was to “American Bandstand” as “Champagne is to seltzer water.” Later, the director Spike Lee called it an “urban music time capsule.”
“We had a show that kids gravitated to,” Mr. Cornelius said.
In the 1970s and 1980s, “Soul Train” helped glamorize black music, featuring performances by James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson and other hit makers. But the real stars were the young dancers who would strut their stuff, laying the groundwork for countless dance programs , including current ones like Fox’s “So You Think You Can Dance?” and MTV’s “America’s Best Dance Crew.”
But the “Soul Train” brand has not entered the Internet age. Its Web site has barely been updated since 2006, when Mr. Cornelius stopped producing new episodes. “The Best of Soul Train” is now shown on weekends in syndication.
For MadVision, the rights issues will be complicated. The company will have to compensate artists, producers and labels for rebroadcasts of the songs played on the show.
As for 2008 version of “Soul Train,” Mr. Griffith said the company is in talks with potential producers about what the show might look like.
Mr. Cornelius, now 71, didn’t mince words about his decision to sell.
“Thirty-five years is a long time,” he said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/17/business/media/17soul.html?ref=media

The tabloid news is the same old, I've heard that one before.

And you use that quote all the time! :rofl:

David Guest gets on my nerves, he's always slagging her off to someone on some show. The ugly git needs to shut his mouth and leave her alone. He sounds very bitter to me. And anyone who kisses like that to me is a complete turn off anyway.

wow, Still Nothing New - Got A Mention (nyt Are Rolling With Mj Lol)...

after 38 Years, 'soul Train' Gets New Owner

By brian Stelter
published: June 17, 2008
people Who Think Of “soul Train” As An Artifact From 1970s Television May Be Surprised To Learn That The 38-year-old Song-and-dance Show Was Never Canceled. Although No New Episodes Are Produced, It Lives On In Reruns That Showcase The Taste-making Music, Hairstyles And Fashions Of Decades Past.
skip To Next Paragraph enlarge This Image
madvision Entertainment
in 1972, Before The Moonwalk And Other Vogues, The Jackson Five Showed The Fashion Of The Time As They Entertained Fans On “soul Train.”

enlarge This Image
damian Dovarganes/associated Press
Don Cornelius, Who Produced “soul Train,” Has Sold The Rights To The Show To Madvision Entertainment. “thirty-five Years Is A Long Time,” He Said.

Now A Production Company, Madvision Entertainment, Has Bought The “soul Train” Franchise From Its Founder, Don Cornelius, And Plans To Breathe New Life Into It. The Plan Is To Open Up The Show’s Archives For Older Consumers As Well As To Create A New Version Of The Program For Younger Ones.
“the Series Has Never Been Shown On Dvd, And It’s Not Been Utilized On Video-on-demand Or Mobile Or Internet Platforms,” Peter Griffith, A Co-founder Of Madvision, Said. “there Are Many Opportunities That We Are Exploring.”
Madvision, Which Was Founded In 2006 By Three Urban Media Veterans, Is Best Known For The Showtime Stand-up Comedy Series “white Boyz In The Hood.” One Of The Founders Of Madvision, Kenard Gibbs, Is The Group Publisher Of Ebony And Jet Magazines. Another Founder, Anthony Maddox, Worked As A Producer At Nbc And Ran sean Combs’s Bad Boy Films. Mr. Griffith, The Third Partner, Founded A Hip-hop Web Portal And Worked With Vibe To Extend The Magazine’s Brand.
The Deal For “soul Train,” Reached In Mid-may, Is The First Acquisition For Madvision, Which Is Based In Los Angeles. Neither The Company Nor Mr. Cornelius Would Comment On The Sale Price.
Mr. Cornelius, A Former Disc Jockey, Was Not Just The Creator Of “soul Train,” But Also The Writer, Producer And Host. He Produced The Pilot For “soul Train” In 1970.
Three Years Later, Calling The Show An “almost Instant Success,” A Reviewer For The New York Times Said That “soul Train” Was To “american Bandstand” As “champagne Is To Seltzer Water.” Later, The Director spike Lee Called It An “urban Music Time Capsule.”
“we Had A Show That Kids Gravitated To,” Mr. Cornelius Said.
In The 1970s And 1980s, “soul Train” Helped Glamorize Black Music, Featuring Performances By james Brown, aretha Franklin, michael Jackson And Other Hit Makers. But The Real Stars Were The Young Dancers Who Would Strut Their Stuff, Laying The Groundwork For Countless Dance Programs , Including Current Ones Like Fox’s “so You Think You Can Dance?” And mtv’s “america’s Best Dance Crew.”
But The “soul Train” Brand Has Not Entered The Internet Age. Its Web Site Has Barely Been Updated Since 2006, When Mr. Cornelius Stopped Producing New Episodes. “the Best Of Soul Train” Is Now Shown On Weekends In Syndication.
For Madvision, The Rights Issues Will Be Complicated. The Company Will Have To Compensate Artists, Producers And Labels For Rebroadcasts Of The Songs Played On The Show.
As For 2008 Version Of “soul Train,” Mr. Griffith Said The Company Is In Talks With Potential Producers About What The Show Might Look Like.
Mr. Cornelius, Now 71, Didn’t Mince Words About His Decision To Sell.
“thirty-five Years Is A Long Time,” He Said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/17/business/media/17soul.html?ref=media

About Time!

Back