June 10, 2008: MJ News and Mentionings

doesnt get created till later cause of time differences

very interesting and pleasing part of the interview this one:

Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) - 06.06.08
Posted on 06/09/08 by Tony Pascarella

Q: Who should we expect to see in some of these older videos?

A: I went and did some man-on-the-street stuff for promos and actually 90% of the people came back and said their favorite video of all time was a Michael Jackson video. So we're definitely going to play something of Michael's. I'm probably going to play The Cure's "Pictures of You." I'm thinking about playing The Replacements. I was thinking about playing some Blink, too. A lot of people were saying they wanted to see some Blink. I have a little bit of leeway to mess around with, and the cool thing is that some of the new videos are actually really cool. This Snoop Dogg video is going to probably blow everyone's mind. I can't even explain what people should expect.

click here for the whole interview
Thanks dove, good find

very interesting and pleasing part of the interview this one:

Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) - 06.06.08
Posted on 06/09/08 by Tony Pascarella

Q: Who should we expect to see in some of these older videos?

A: I went and did some man-on-the-street stuff for promos and actually 90% of the people came back and said their favorite video of all time was a Michael Jackson video. So we're definitely going to play something of Michael's. I'm probably going to play The Cure's "Pictures of You." I'm thinking about playing The Replacements. I was thinking about playing some Blink, too. A lot of people were saying they wanted to see some Blink. I have a little bit of leeway to mess around with, and the cool thing is that some of the new videos are actually really cool. This Snoop Dogg video is going to probably blow everyone's mind. I can't even explain what people should expect.

click here for the whole interview

I agree with Datsy. Great find. :flowers:

:D

http://www.devon24.co.uk/northdevongazette/news/story.aspx?brand=NDGOnline&category=news&tBrand=devon24&tCategory=newsndga&itemid=DEED11%20Jun%202008%2011%3A57%3A15%3A260

*****'s phone call's a thriller
devon.editorial@archant.co.uk
11 June 2008
TassellA20080611122309.jpg

Stars Tito Jackson and sons Taj (left) and TJ (two-thirds of band 3-T) with fan party organiser George Warren. Picture: www.andycaseyphotography.co.uk

POP legend Michael Jackson wowed fans by speaking to them via a live telephone link from Las Vegas at a party held at the Durrant House Hotel in Northam on Sunday.

Three hundred excited fans had packed out the ballroom at the sell-out party to meet Jackson Five legend Tito Jackson and his sons TJ and Taj when the pop king personally phoned the hotel to speak with his older brother and nephews - and say hi to his adoring aficionados.

Hotel manager Julie Finn said the receptionist put the call through to her office at around 8pm on Sunday.

She said: "It was a little surreal waiting in my small office with the Jacksons for Michael to call - and being filmed by Channel 4!

"We set up a link to the ballroom, and when the call came though and fans realised who was on the phone, it was incredible."

Michael said "hi" to his fans before saying he had been busy working in the studio that day. "I love you all," he said.

Earlier, fans were given the chance to rub shoulders with the Jackson stars and were entertained by a succession of top Jackson tribute acts including Danny Oliver, MJacksonUK, Mikki J, and Britain's Got Talent finalist Damon Scott and "Bubbles".

The event was organised by 18-year-old North Devon College student George Warren.

George, from Barnstaple, who has been hard at work organising the show for the last six weeks told the Gazette the event was more than he had ever hoped it would be.

"It was a fantastic night. We originally thought just Tito was going to come but to have him and two of his sons come - and stay for the whole evening - was amazing.

"The auction of Michael's fedora and the phone call was the icing on the cake.

"Organising the event has been pretty much non-stop - stressful but exciting.

"I'll now be concentrating on my A-Level exams this week and next - and learning to drive!"

The event raised an astonishing £8,000 for the North Devon Hospice through ticket sales, a raffle, and £500 donation by supermarket ASDA, who also presented a hamper of North Devon produce to Tito. A further £6,000 was raised through an auction of Jackson memorabilia including Michael's white fedora that he wore in the Smooth Criminal video, signed by the star himself. Other lots included signed Janet Jackson tour merchandise, and generous Tito even offered to cook one lucky fan a meal at his Appledore rented home.

Tito, who is understood to be flying back to America this week said: "I love North Devon. The people have been beautiful to me and I've been out for a lot of walks in the evening to enjoy the beautiful sunsets - I've had a ball!

The event raised an astonishing £8,000 for the North Devon Hospice through ticket sales, a raffle, and £500 donation by supermarket ASDA, who also presented a hamper of North Devon produce to Tito. A further £6,000 was raised through an auction of Jackson memorabilia including Michael's white fedora that he wore in the Smooth Criminal video, signed by the star himself. Other lots included signed Janet Jackson tour merchandise, and generous Tito even offered to cook one lucky fan a meal at his Appledore rented home.

How sweet of him! This is the kind of thing that makes you feel proud about the kind of people you admire.

Excuse me but who the hell does CB think he is to talk that way about the friggin King of Pop?!
Hello Chris maybe he just doesn't want to do anything with your sorry ass!!!!

Touchy, touchy, touchy.

It was obviously a joke, and there wasnt even anything bad about it.

I hate to see what you say when there are actual Mj haters running there mouths :S gosh.

How sweet of him! This is the kind of thing that makes you feel proud about the kind of people you admire.
Thank you Eternity's child for posting such lovely article.

Yes, and this is why I hate it when people bash the Jacksons. They have known fame for so long and they have seem milllions of dollars pass through their hands. They have rubbed shoulder with some of the best in the world, yet they have managed to keep their feet on the ground. A family that could have hugged the limelight if they wanted to, hugs the fans instead. Big up t the jacksons No, they are not perfect, but neither are we. I hope channel 4 do them justice, cause I think they will have to answer to the folks in Devon if they do not.:D Well done George for putting on such a show.:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm so happy the Devon party was a "thriller", and that the Jacksons were able to raise so much money for a good cause.
I WANT THE SMOOTH CRIMINAL WHITE FEDORA!!!! :dancin:

I'm so happy the Devon party was a "thriller", and that the Jacksons were able to raise so much money for a good cause.
I WANT THE SMOOTH CRIMINAL WHITE FEDORA!!!! :dancin:
Yes indeed. I am also glad the Ch4 are there to see how the Jacksons are loved by the locals. Even Asda the supoermarket are supplying them with goodies. The media will hate this cause if they lie about the Jacksons the quiet conservative village people will see it for themselves first-hand. how the media lie.:D

I love Chris Brown but WTF? He should be HAPPY that MJ even talked to his ass. I like this guy a lot however, MJ can be difficult, so what? He doesn't need CB or anyone to do a song with. He is the KOP for crying out loud. If I was Chris, I learn how to sing on key and stop screaming half of the time. MJ should have stayed hanging the phone on Chris' ass in his b-day party! I am sorry, but when MJ hanged the phone on his ass, that stuff was funny! LOL.

And RS calling CB the new Michael Jackson? Even more funny! Hey, I can't complain, though, all of this news and mentioning of Mike is actually a good thing. People read this and some might wanna see some music short films of Mike online or read up about him online. Or go to amazon.com and order his CDs. :)

Back