July 25-27; *Updated for July 27, 2008 on post # 53*

Re: July 25-27; *Updated for July 26, 2008 on post # 46*

MJ mentionings:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24080851-7642,00.html
Celebrities who are still fabulous at fifty
July 27, 2008 12:00am

THERE was a time they would be regarded as senior citizens, eligible for "gentle water exercise classes" at the local swimming pool.

But as Prince, Madonna and Michael Jackson all hit 50 this year, they're shaking up our notions of ageing.

Once, 50 was the start of old age – now, it's just another birthday for a generation that refuses to conform to stereotype.

Prince celebrated his 50th in June, while Madonna and Jackson are set to crack open the champagne and blow out their candles on August 16 and August 29 respectively.

Creatively they're all one-offs. There's no one else like them.

[...]

"The 11-year-old whirling dervish of I Want You Back and ABC is why it is harder to imagine him growing older," said music historian Glenn A. Baker.

Strange behaviour aside, Jackson's contribution to popular music and culture is no less significant than that of Madonna or Prince.

"People who look at music beyond its peripherals know that Michael Jackson has awesome talent as a creator, a conceptualist, a songwriter and musician," Mr Baker said.

"You don't sell 50 million copies of an album by accident. Those who just want to talk about him dangling babies or having facelifts miss the point. That is not why Michael Jackson is important. He is important because he is a very, very clever music maker."

This year, a 25th anniversary re-release featured re-recorded tracks from Kanye West, Fergie, will.i.am and Akon, showing he is still relevant today.

As well as their age, another thing these three artists have in common is that they are all natural performers – you could argue they were born that way.

But in an industry where it is acceptable for pop stars like Ashlee Simpson, Britney Spears or Paris Hilton to lip-sync their way through a live performance, Madonna, Prince and Michael Jackson are the real deal.

"There is this growing acceptance that rock 'n' roll got old and the people that are performing it got old too, but that doesn't mean they are not worthy entertainers and still very good at what they do," said Lander.
"So many of these young bands have this 'amateurish is credible' sort of thing and they are not necessarily putting on brilliant performances, so young audiences get blown away when someone like Elton John comes out and puts on a mind-blowing show. They are not used to it."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24076143-5009160,00.html
First look at new 90210 cast

By Andrew Mercado
July 27, 2008 12:00am

WITH the buzz continuing to build, here is your first look at the new 90210 cast.
[...]
***** loves his Idol

IDOL fan Michael Jackson personally approved the use of his song Can You Feel It in the promotion now screening to promote the next season of Australian Idol.

***** nearly appeared on the American version earlier this year, so maybe he might do ours instead (they wish).

The fantastic promo reveals some of the Top 100 finalists in advance for the first time and is another example of why Ten does the best promos of any network.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...726/am_idol_080726/20080726?hub=Entertainment
'American Idol' winner has a Canadian he idolizes
Updated Sat. Jul. 26 2008 10:41 AM ET

The Canadian Press

During the Idol competition, the 25-year-old singer distinguished himself from the pack with a harder rock sound and a breathy delivery that made his female fans swoon.
[...]
Unconventional arrangements of '80s and '90s classics including Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby," and Lionel Richie's "Hello" earned him glowing reviews from judges Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell.

Cook's alt-rock performance of "Billie Jean," was actually a Chris Cornell arrangement, but the Idol champ lays claim to unique interpretations of "Always Be My Baby" and "Hello," which came in at week 3 as he entered the Top 16.

That celebrities at fifty article was a very nice read. Very freshing to hear.:clapping:

facelifts

The media and "experts" never stop inventing Michael's surgeries. :lol:

thanks for the updates

Folks,

Let's keep the tabloid crap (ie Feldman) in it's rightful place [Tabloid Talk]

That article has been posted over 3 days ago and keeps resurfacing here in MJ GD .... please don't post it here again :flowers:

The article and the posts responding to the article have been moved to the already existing thread, carry on your discussion there.and lets keep MJ GD tabloid free :D

Last edited:
Re: July 25-27 News and mentionings all weekend through (NKOTB deny working with MJ)

Michael Jackson Mentionings for July 26, 2008:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/views-and...-love-to-meet-michael-jackson-86081-21406259/

I’d love to meet Michael Jackson

KATE Gerbeau, nee Sanderson, 39, was born in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
She joined the BBC in 1997 to present Newsround and has also worked on Watchdog and the BBC's Breakfast show.
She lives in London and is married to the entrepreneur Pierre-Yves Gerbeau. They are expecting their first child.
Kate hosts five's new series, Wild Animal ER.
If you had to be stuck in a lift with someone, who would it be?: Michael Jackson. I've got so many questions to ask him. He's the one person I'd really like to interview. My husband's actually met him. More than anything else, I want to see if the judgement of him is right and compare it for myself.
Interesting.

Re: July 25-27 News and mentionings all weekend through (NKOTB deny working with MJ)

From the San Diego, California's "Scene Diego" group at the end of June, they had a small group of people pretend that Michael Jackson was dining on the rooftop of a popular restaurant, to see how many more people would show up to get a glimpse of him. The video was just posted this week on YouTube, and I thought that it was quite cool...

"85 Agents showed up on a clear Saturday night in June. The mission? We started a dirty little rumor that Michael Jackson was having dinner on the rooftop of Stingaree in Downtown San Diego. We had no idea we would double the size of our group with this little fib. Our 85 agents turned into 150-200 screaming, chanting, and singing - Michael Jackson fans. We took over all four corners and the intersection. The restaurant manager came out and asked us to leave their sidewalk, neighbors came out of apartments, and people left their dinner tables to come join the excitement; waiting for MJ to make an appearance. The very confused wait staff watched in confusion from inside the front window."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viwHCX9dU6I&eurl=http://mjjr.net/news.php

Irealy LOVE this video .

Whoa, the people in HK know how to promote! This is amazing!

I also like that article "Celebrities who are still fabulous at 50", it is the first acceptable article about that subject. I hope it will not be the last on which they try to concentrate on his talents. Since when is Paris Hilton a pop star though? One lousy album and they celebrate you? OK, ok, judging on the stars that rule the charts these days in my country, she is one.

i love to meet Michael Jackson someday :yes: :hug:

Thanks for the news:)

I wish we had news instead of same ole mentionings.

well at least we're alive and healthy enough to read thise ole mentionings.

me too.. all these mentionings are great but real news would be better

"You don't sell 50 million copies of an album by accident. Those who just want to talk about him dangling babies or having facelifts miss the point. That is not why Michael Jackson is important. He is important because he is a very, very clever music maker."

On point. Thanks for posting that reasonable article.

Well, when there is some real news to report, you will see it right here.

Updating the news thread so please be patient.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for July 27, 2008:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/..._who_still_rock_at_50/articleshow/3291357.cms

They have either hit 50 or are about to, but the likes of Madonna, Michael Jackson and Prince show no signs of getting “old”, in fact they have shaken up the notions of ageing.

Once, 50 was the start of old age. Now, it''s just another birthday for a generation that refuses to conform to stereotype.

Prince celebrated his 50th in June, while Madonna and Jackson are set to crack open the champagne and blow out their candles on August 16 and August 29, respectively.

Creatively, they are all one-offs. There is nobody to compare them to and no one else quite like them.

"Fifty is no longer what it once was,''' the Daily Telegraph quoted demographer Bernard Salt, as saying.

"A 50-year-old male a generation ago would have had a comb-over and a pot belly from eating meat and potatoes. Life expectancy was in your 70s, whereas today it is well into the 80s.

"There is no point in being old at 50 because you have another 30 odd years to go: You are too far from the finish line to pack it in so people start presenting themselves as being much younger,” Salt added.

Other notable identities to have celebrated a 50th birthday over the past year include Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, musician Nick Cave, actresses Rachel Ward, Melanie Griffith and Sharon Stone, as well as talk show host Ellen DeGeneres

http://top40-charts.com/news/Altern...s-To-Arrive-With-Self-Titled-Debut/41900.html

Brad Buxer, the The Suicide Kings' keyboard player and background vocalist, has a lengthy list of musical accolades including playing, arranging and/or programming for Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder and Smokey Robinson, among others. But while Buxer's musical accomplishments are a true testament to a monster talent and an unprecedented work ethic, it is arguable that this record showcases some of his finest and most soulful playing.

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/art...nt/local/0ca6ad42720acc9286257491006749b3.txt

It's hard to believe but Weird Al Yankovic, the king of musical parodies, has made people laugh for nearly three decades.

Yankovic has sold more than 12 million albums, celebrated 28 gold and platinum records and three Grammy wins (out of nine nominations) poking fun at the songs of Michael Jackson, Nirvana, and Madonna, just to name a few.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/arts/story.html?id=4b1a2b99-df72-4718-93f4-461e34effb32

4. What music did you most like as a kid?
I was exposed to classical music at a very young age by my mother, but I was a Barry Manilow fan. And I liked my disco tunes. As a teenager, I liked pop music -- Michael Jackson, Madonna, Duran Duran, Bonnie Tyler. It wasn't until I was 15 that I got bitten by the classical bug.

Michael Jackson HIStory for July 27, 2008:

1992 - Michael Jackson sued the "Daily Mirror" for libel and breach of contract. The publication had printed a less-than-flattering color photo of Jackson on the front page.

2004 - In Santa Maria, CA, a prosecutor said that Michael Jackson had imprisoned a child and his family at his ranch and forced them to make a videotape absolving him of molestation charges after a television documentary linked Jackson to an obsession with young boys. During the hearing the judge postponed the trial scheduled for September 13 and set a new date of January 31, 2005.

var imgid = '3291364';var capt = 'Madonna: Rocking at 50!(AP photo) More Pics
';var cnt='1'; var ttl='Madonna'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = 'More Pictures
'; } var b2 = '

'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;

Last edited:
hi
i found some news is it o.k

AUSTRALIA DVD CHART UPDATE

‘Live in Bucharest - The Dangerous Tour’ has re-entered the Australian Music DVD Chart this week at #40.

--------------------------------------
KATE SANDERSON: ‘I’D LOVE TO MEET MICHAEL JACKSON’

KATE Gerbeau, nee Sanderson, 39, was born in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.

She joined the BBC in 1997 to present Newsround and has also worked on Watchdog and the BBC’s Breakfast show.

She lives in London and is married to the entrepreneur Pierre-Yves Gerbeau. They are expecting their first child.
Kate hosts Five TV’s new series, Wild Animal ER (UK).

When asked by the The Huddersfield Examiner if she had to be stuck in a lift with someone who it would be, she answered ‘Michael Jackson’:

“I’ve got so many questions to ask him. He’s the one person I’d really like to interview. My husband’s actually met him. More than anything else, I want to see if the judgement of him is right and compare it for myself.”

Click on the link below to read the entire interview:-
http://www.examiner.co.uk/views-and...-love-to-meet-michael-jackson-86081-21406259/

---------------------------------------
‘KING OF POP’ – THE BELGIAN EDITION

Belgian fans can vote for their 5 favourite Michael Jackson tracks on the web site of the Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad. The songs with the most votes will be included on the Belgian edition of the album ‘King Of Pop’ - celebrating Michael’s 50th birthday.

The 2 CD Album will be released on August 25, 2008.

Click on the link below to vote:-
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/extra/michaeljackson/

do u guys know how hard it is to wrangle all this news and put it here for everyone to read? don't get pissy cuz there's no news...u want news, turn on the telly and watch cnn...u want mj news, then wait till he does something

Teddy Riley speaking a little bit about Michael Jackson.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.1182/title.producers-corner-teddy-riley/p.2

HHDX: There were rumors that you were working on L.A.X for Game, is there any truth to that?
TR
: Man, working on a Game album is like working on a Michael Jackson album. You don’t know if your song is going to be chosen, so I am hoping that I do have something on the album. We have worked on a few tracks, but like I said it is working on Michael Jackson. (what does he mean by this?)

HHDX: You say working with Michael Jackson was a great experience, there has to have been instances with artists where the studio experience wasn’t too great; how do you handle that?
TR
: Of course there are times like that (laughs) and that was the worst. I do what producers do though; we are great communicators and it is almost like finding out what a baby likes and doesn’t like and there are times when you have to feed them anyway and well that is what I have been doing with most of these singers.

It means that just because he works with MJ don't guarantee that his song will make the light of day on his joint.

Back