July 25-27; *Updated for July 27, 2008 on post # 53*

mariemarie

Guests
Hello everyone. How are all of you guys doing? In my part of the world the sun has been good to us all week, and it will continue to do so!! So therefor, Im heading to the beaches, again. Please post whatever news or mentionings in this thread throughout the entire weekend. And if the sun is shining outside your window, and if you can go out to enjoy it, what are you waiting for? Go! =)

News
Well, nothing new.

Mentionings
I'm not sure if this has been posted already. I just found it. And if you're like me, who found this trailer (below) cute, this is for you. I do not know much about this movie, but I would like to see it. Impersonators can be fun. Can't they? It looks like, a somewhat, funny movie. The guy that plays Michael Jackson is what I would say good looking. If this is old news, please forgive my lateness.

'Mister Lonely' Misses

Harmony Korine is evolving, somewhat. The director of "Gummo" and "Julien Donkey Boy" has created visually and narratively ugly stories of losers and loners, films as uninspiring to look at as to listen to.

With " Mister Lonely," at least the "visually ugly" element is absent. The story makes no sense and is painfully irrelevant, but at least it looks interesting. Not always logical, but interesting.

Diego Luna plays a man who does Michael Jackson impersonations in the streets of Paris. He meets a Marilyn Monroe impersonator (Samantha Morton), who talks him into going with her to live at a commune of celebrity impersonators.

On the island, people, including three children, live their whole lives as the characters they portray. But their own personalities peek out.
Charlie Chaplin is a possessive husband. Abraham Lincoln swears nonstop. Queen Elizabeth sleeps with the pope. They — and Madonna, the Three Stooges, Sammy Davis Jr., James Dean, Shirley Temple, Buckwheat and Little Red Riding Hood — decide to put on a show.

Meanwhile, in South America, a nun doing a charity food drop in the jungle falls out of the plane and prays all the way down that God not let her die. The two stories do not mesh in the end.

Luna and an atypically glamorous Morton are sweet together; they both have a unguarded, almost childlike aura of trust. Morton, whose face is a marvel of emotions, can create an endearing character out of anything, or, in this case, out of nothing. (Morton's adorable daughter, Esme Creed-Miles, 8, portrays Shirley Temple.)

There might be something deep inside this movie, a message about believing in yourself or your choices or grabbing life by the horns or something like that. I guess I could find it if I tried. Korine just doesn't make me want to try.

MISTER LONELY is an IFC Films release of a film directed by Harmony Korine, from a script by Avi Korine and Harmony Korine;112 minutes. Unrated, with foul language. Opens today at Real Art Ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e27uQjGWcxc

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/movies/hc-misterlonelyrev.artjul25,0,6687541.story

Obama in Berlin looks to restore transatlantic ties

U.S. presidential hopeful Barack Obama yesterday kicked off a European tour in Berlin, saying he aimed to give a fresh start to transatlantic ties, from the city where the Cold War was ended.

Obama, who arrived from Israel, met first with German Chancellor Angela Merkel while a crowd of supporters cheered and snapped pictures outside. The Illinois senator also met Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier and Berlin Mayor Klaus Wowereit, as reported by Agence France-Presse.
The presumptive Democratic candidate said he wanted the United States and Europe to rediscover their common ground.
"There is no doubt that part of what I want to communicate on both sides of the Atlantic is the enormous potential of us restoring a sense of coming together," he told reporters.

"Obviously Berlin is representative of the extraordinary success of the post World War II effort to bring the continent together and to bring the West together, and later to bring the East and the West together," he said.
Merkel's spokesman also said that the German leader had "very open" and wide-ranging talks with Obama, touching on foreign policy issues like Iran, Afghanistan and the Middle East peace process.

Their talks covered the trans-Atlantic economic partnership, climate and energy issues, the state of the global economy and international cooperation to "solve important global questions," spokesman Ulrich Wilhem said in a statement, according to The Associated Press. After meeting with Merkel for about an hour, Obama left in a motorcade to the Hotel Adlon where President George W. Bush stayed in 2002 - also the same hotel where pop singer Michael Jackson drew criticism for holding his child out a window from his room later that year.

Continues http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=110816

E&J and Jay-C start with Dead Broke and shoot for the stars

James Cummings and Edgar Higginbotham II come from two very different places but found that they have one important thing in common — their love of music.

native of Oakland, Calif., Cummings (aka Jay-C) learned the ropes of the music industry when he interned with Sony Music Entertainment in high school. Higginbotham (aka E&J), is from the swamps of Baton Rouge, La., and his exposure to music came from a record player.

Higginbotham said he listened to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album every day as a child.

"Couldn't stop listening," he said. "I've been addicted to music ever since."

Higginbotham later played drums and piano in school bands, but during his freshman year at Southern University A&M College, he was introduced to freestyling, or rapping without a script or predetermined lyrics.

Continues http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080725/ENT/807250308/1005

Today is Friday, July 25, 2008​

[SIZE=+2]
Today in[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson History​
[/SIZE]
2001 - Currently there is nothing available on this date.......

- It was probably one of his freedays, don't cha think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: News and mentionings all weekend through

Thanks for the mentionings. I've read about that movie before and I really want to see it too!:)

New Kids On The Block Deny Madonna/Michael Jackson Collaboration

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7011719098

New Kids On The Block Deny Madonna/Michael Jackson Collaboration

July 24, 2008 8:18 p.m. EST

Anne Lu - Celebrity News Service News Writer
Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - Boy band New Kids On The Block have denied rumors that they are recording tracks with pop royalties Michael Jackson and Madonna.

Member Donnie Wahlberg has dismissed the growing rumor on the NKOTB's official website saying, "While I enjoy hype for our album... And while I also (sometimes) enjoy the audacity of people writing blatantly fabricated 'news' articles... We are NOT recording with Michael Jackson and/or Madonna."

"We never claimed to be either."

The award-winning group, who enjoyed success in the late 80s to the early 90s, are currently preparing for a reunion world tour to support their new album The Block, which is scheduled for release on September 2.

Other members Danny Wood, Joey McIntyre, Jordan Knight, and Jonathan Knight are all set to return with Wahlberg.

Re: July 25-27 News and mentionings all weekend through

Thanks for the news, Marie and fun at the beach! Lucky you.

Re: July 25-27 News and mentionings all weekend through (NKOTB deny working with MJ)

for those who like court cases... Michael is not only fighting for his rights in his personal life..but also in business...

here are some cases.. that Sony/ATV and Mijac Publishing has filed against different companies.

July 9, 2008 Broadcast Music, Inc. et al v. Yuda Corporation et al Plaintiff: Broadcast Music, Inc., Warden Music Company, Inc., Michael Joe Jackson, Sony/ATV Songs LLC, EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. and others...;

Defendant: Yuda Corporation, Yehuda Arbeli

June 13, 2008 Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC v. Tennessee Productions Center, Inc Plaintiff: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC;

Defendant: Tennessee Productions Center, Inc

May 8, 2008
Gladys Music et al vs Kirkwood Pub & Patio, Inc. et al
Plaintiff: Gladys Music, Universal-MCA Music Publishing, a Division of Universal Studios, Inc., Colgems-EMI Music Inc., David J. Matthews d/b/a Colden Grey, Ltd., Sony/ATV Tunes LLC;

Defendant: Kirkwood Pub & Patio, Inc., Hugh Johnson

March 28, 2008 Broadcast Music, Inc. et al v. Its Amore Corp. et al
Plaintiff: Broadcast Music, Inc., Harrick Music, Inc., EMI Virgin Songs, Inc., d/b/a EMI Longitude Music, Stone Diamond Music Corporation;, Michael Joe Jackson d/b/a MiJac Music and others...;

Defendant: Its Amore Corp., Alexander J. Tarapchak, Vince Marinaro

March 25, 2008 Sony/ATV Tunes LLC et al v. 124, Inc. et al Plaintiff: Sony/ATV Tunes LLC, Diane Warren Trust, The 1992, TVT Music, Inc., 50 Cent Music, EMI April Music Inc. and others...;

Defendant: 124, Inc., Stephen Rider Kitchell

March 14, 2008 Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC et al v. CAVS USA, Inc. et al
Plaintiff: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Sony/ATV Tunes LLC, Sony/ATV Songs LLC, Sony/ATV Sounds LLC, Sony/ATV Discos Music Publishing LLC and others...;

Defendant: CAVS USA, Inc., Aaron K. Han, CAVS Multimedia, Inc., ACE Karaoke Corporation, David Su and others...

http://dockets.justia.com/search?q=Sony/ATV+Music+Publishing+LLC

Re: July 25-27 News and mentionings all weekend through (NKOTB deny working with MJ)

Interesting. Thanks for posting that, Rasta.

thanks for posting too :)

From the San Diego, California's "Scene Diego" group at the end of June, they had a small group of people pretend that Michael Jackson was dining on the rooftop of a popular restaurant, to see how many more people would show up to get a glimpse of him. The video was just posted this week on YouTube, and I thought that it was quite cool...

"85 Agents showed up on a clear Saturday night in June. The mission? We started a dirty little rumor that Michael Jackson was having dinner on the rooftop of Stingaree in Downtown San Diego. We had no idea we would double the size of our group with this little fib. Our 85 agents turned into 150-200 screaming, chanting, and singing - Michael Jackson fans. We took over all four corners and the intersection. The restaurant manager came out and asked us to leave their sidewalk, neighbors came out of apartments, and people left their dinner tables to come join the excitement; waiting for MJ to make an appearance. The very confused wait staff watched in confusion from inside the front window."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viwHCX9dU6I&eurl=http://mjjr.net/news.php

Donnie, did you have to deny that 'rumor' AGAIN ?? It was hard enough to hear the first time :(

From the San Diego, California's "Scene Diego" group at the end of June, they had a small group of people pretend that Michael Jackson was dining on the rooftop of a popular restaurant, to see how many more people would show up to get a glimpse of him. The video was just posted this week on YouTube, and I thought that it was quite cool...

"85 Agents showed up on a clear Saturday night in June. The mission? We started a dirty little rumor that Michael Jackson was having dinner on the rooftop of Stingaree in Downtown San Diego. We had no idea we would double the size of our group with this little fib. Our 85 agents turned into 150-200 screaming, chanting, and singing - Michael Jackson fans. We took over all four corners and the intersection. The restaurant manager came out and asked us to leave their sidewalk, neighbors came out of apartments, and people left their dinner tables to come join the excitement; waiting for MJ to make an appearance. The very confused wait staff watched in confusion from inside the front window."
TSCM, that was way TOO cool! I wonder what would have happened if Michael really was there. LOL!

That just brings a big smile to my face. Many, many people still love him and it's great to see the excitment. Thanks for posting!

That just brings a big smile to my face. Many, many people still love him and it's great to see the excitment. Thanks for posting!

The press has always tried to tell the public that MJ is not populare anymore - look at the crowd - the enthusiasm for Michael Jackson is still huge! Yes, he is still populare around the world, a slap in the face of the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viwH...jcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1563709

Last edited:

OMG! That's so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That actually kinda of freaked me out. I wonder how long it actually took to build such a large crowd.
And people believed it just like that. Like it seems liked they were waiting there a good while just for a glimse and that werent actually any solid proof he was actually there.

LOL we should all do that in our town ... schedule it for separate days to give the illusion it could be for real. MJ frenzy all over the world, the rumor will be that he must be gaining wieght, with all the food he must be eating :lol:

The press has always tried to tell the public that MJ is not populare anymore - look at the crowd - the enthusiasm for Michael Jackson is still huge! Yes, he is still populare around the world, a slap in the face of the media.

Yep, the media "always" tries to say one thing, but I firmly believe that folks, not all, but many, know what's up when it comes to the media.

This reminds me of Christian's Birthday party, look how well Michael was received. The reaction from that crowd was priceless. ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS! And all Mike did was stand there. LOL!

Its truly is insane. Like even when I was at Marys concert I love this chick more that MJ but I werent even screaming that much for her. I dont go crazy over celebrities or atleast I dont think I would. But I know if I ever saw MJ I would definately throw all sense and caution to the wind. I probably wouldnt scream but I would be dying on the spot in shock lol. I would have joined that crowd too lol.

I went to see Lenny Kravitz in concert yesterday and he sang a couple of bars of Billie Jean. It was super cool!

thank you for the news and mentionings... :)

hi
is this o.k i found this o.k

UPDATES ON BIRTHDAY GREETINGS PROJECT

MJFC-JAM is calling on fans worldwide to participate in their birthday project: Make your own video with a birthday greeting for Michael Jackson - who will celebrate his 50th birthday on August 29, 2008.

Record your personal greeting message for Michael Jackson on video. It can either be a few words addressed at the King of Pop or you can sing or dance. You can upload your videos at the popular video portals (e.g. YouTube, MyVideo, Clipfish). Then send the link of your video to JAM via their contact form. The videos shall not contain any kind of racist, sexual or otherwise offensive content. All videos will be checked before publication on a special birthday page.

Michael Jackson will be the first to have the possibility to view the videos on the special birthday page (JAM does not give any guarantee that Michael Jackson will view the video.) All other fans will get a chance to view them a few days later.

If you don`t have a video camera, you can also send an image of yourself or a painting together with your birthday message (in English) to MJFC Germany via their contact form.

The new deadline for this project is August 26, 2008.

Click on the link below to send your video via the contact form:-
http://www.mjfc-jam.com/pn/764/html/index.php?name=formicula&form=0

---------------------------------
MICHAEL NOT COLLABORATING WITH NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK

A few weeks ago rumors were circling around that Michael Jackson was set to collaborate with New Kids on the Block on their upcoming new CD. However, band member Donnie Wahlberg dispelled these rumors on his online blog today:

“And while I also (sometimes) enjoy the audacity of people writing blatantly fabricated “news” articles…We are NOT recording with Michael Jackson and/or Madonna. We never claimed to be either. Good fun reading about though! Sorry to let ya down….”

Thanks for the news. And omg :lol: that video!

Rasta;

Thanks for the info....

Hahaaa. Try and tell me Michael isn't the most popular still. Man, he wasn't even there and he drew a crowd of over a hundred people, lol. They were all so excited. See, just the prospect of Michael being somewhere gets people in to a tizzy. If they actually saw him or had any proof he was there, I bet he would draw a crowd twice that size or more even.

Now that little prank should have made headline news.

July 25, 2008

Michael Jackson fans asked to choose their favorite tracks for a new album

Michael Jackson fans asked to choose their favorite tracks for a new album

‘King of Pop’ is being released on August 29 to celebrate the ‘Thriller’ singer’s 50th birthday.
Fans are being asked to select their 18 favorite songs from a choice of 50 Jackson tracks, and the most popular will appear on the compilation record.
Countries around the world will all host their own polls, meaning several different versions of the new record will be available – sparking speculation that devoted followers of the singer will travel the world in order to obtain a complete set of CDs.
One of Jackson’s new songs was recently leaked online.
'Hold My Hand', featuring Akon, appeared on several websites and is reportedly due to feature on his long-awaited comeback album, which the 'Lonely' rapper is believed to be producing

Now that little prank should have made headline news.

With no ounce of negativity in it, of course it wouldn't make it.

Still awesome though :happy:

Last edited:

Wow, that video is insane TSCM! Thanks for posting. It brought a smile to my face too. I love how at the end one of the agents is talking about how this one girl just got up and left her friends when she heard MJ was there :rofl:.Seriously, had he been there... It boggles the mind some time, but I'm not even gonna lie. Walking by and seeing that I'm sure I would go & join the crowd too :laugh:.

And MJJChichi, we totally should carry out the same thing in different towns! Who knows, we might just end up drawing MJ out and actually turning him into a little foodie!... Or maybe not :D.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for July 26, 2008:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/views-and...-love-to-meet-michael-jackson-86081-21406259/

I’d love to meet Michael Jackson

KATE Gerbeau, nee Sanderson, 39, was born in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
She joined the BBC in 1997 to present Newsround and has also worked on Watchdog and the BBC's Breakfast show.
She lives in London and is married to the entrepreneur Pierre-Yves Gerbeau. They are expecting their first child.
Kate hosts five's new series, Wild Animal ER.
If you had to be stuck in a lift with someone, who would it be?: Michael Jackson. I've got so many questions to ask him. He's the one person I'd really like to interview. My husband's actually met him. More than anything else, I want to see if the judgement of him is right and compare it for myself.

http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/liveit/article/366059

Over the next three years he saw much of Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom while the choir was on tour.
He's met world leaders and celebrities, including Michael Jackson, Bono and Madonna. But more importantly, he had food to eat, clean clothing and an education.

http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/music/article.html?in_article_id=235433&in_page_id=9

Sexy Love is prime 1980s Michael Jackson, even down to the singer's 360 degree spins. It makes for an enjoyable club act but Ne-Yo is going to have to deliver more than just winning pastiches if he intends to make any lasting impression on the pop firmament.

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/MEDIA_146875.html

Looking back in time at the history of Pepsi, we find that in 1984, they created a revolution by featuring Michael Jackson in a television commercial and thus introducing music marketing for the first time

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/jul/26/pahrump-couple-shares-weird-coffin-compulsion/

Inside, Dusty Schoening is sitting on a couch with her husband, Bryan. She is discussing the rumor that Michael Jackson has moved to Pahrump, home to Coffinwood.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/477497.html

The party also will feature a dance-off to Michael Jackson's "Thriller," face-painting and temporary tattoos, chess games, and a trivia contest.

http://www.thestar.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=4526639

Celebrity-gossip.net tells how Michael Jackson, the world's most eccentric pop star, rented the entire floor of England's luxurious Jumeirah Carlton Tower last year, despite rumours of financial trouble, and posted two "scary" bodyguards at the elevator door to prevent any possible intrusion.

http://www.independent.com/news/2008/jul/25/ucsb-students-remember-deceased-classmate/

UCSB Students to Remember Deceased Classmate

Cohen described Darrow as an athletic, curly haired brunette, a self-proclaimed “hippie vegan,” and a Michael Jackson fan. “She was electrifying — that’s the only way to describe her. She had the capacity to make everyone happy. Everyone loved her — literally everyone.”

http://www.mb.com.ph/ENTR20080726130795.html
But fame was not served on a silver platter for Billy, particularly in the US where discrimination still comes in all forms. "Even when you’re British, it’s still hard to penetrate the American market unless you’re the Beatles," Billy said. "Europe and US are opposite markets. Only phenomenal artists like The Beatles and Michael Jackson are able to unite those opposing music tastes."

Michael Jackson HIStoryfor July 26, 2008:

1968 - The Jackson Five signed a one-year contract with Motown.

1997 - "The Best of Michael Jackson And The Jackson 5" hit #5 in the U.K.

2004 - A motion was unsealed by Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville in the Michael Jackson child molestation case. The motion, filed and sealed on July 13, was a call from Jackson's defense team to delay the trail four months. The motion was unsealed a day before a hearing was to be held on the motion.

Back