July 15 2008 - Michael Jackson News & Mentionings - Michael sees Wall-E

That's it - Short Circuit - the whole premise reminded me of something, but I couldn't remember - I Love Short Circuit and this new one looks so cute!

Wall-E was so adorable..

P.S. I BET Mike will be at the Palms theatre this weekend again for BATMAN..

OMG.
He went to see Wall-E? Thats' great! But I knew in the back of my head that he was gonna see it when I saw the preview for it, that movie seems cool. :yes: Thanks for the news updates. :D Glad they had a good time. :wub:

Last edited:
walleposterdg3.jpg

Good choice Mike;-) I`m sure he and his kids have enjoyed this beautiful movie . :yes:

I love the way Mike get's down with his children.

They ALWAYS see the latest movies and their individual book collections must be massive. LOL! All that time spent at Barnes & Noble is such a wonderful thing to instill in his children.

Billie Jean voted top dance song
Tuesday, 15 July

jpg
Michael Jackson's song Billie Jean has been voted the greatest dance record of all time by BBC Radio 2 listeners.

Written by Jackson, and co-produced by Quincy Jones, the track won two Grammy awards and went to the top of the UK charts in 1983.

Donna Summer's I Feel Love, which topped the UK charts in 1977, took second place in the music poll.

In third place was soul legend James Brown with Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine.

Rhythim Is Rhythim's 1987 house track Strings Of Life featured at at number four, followed by Alison Limerick's Where Love Lives.

The poll, revealed in a three-part series presented by Zoe Ball, was part of a Radio 2 dance music season.

TOP 10 DANCE RECORDS
1. Billie Jean
- Michael Jackson (1983)
2. I Feel Love
- Donna Summer (1977)
3. Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine
- James Brown (1970)
4. Strings Of Life
- Rhythim Is Rhythim (1987)
5. Where Love Lives
- Alison Limerick (1994)
6. Keep On Movin'
- Soul II Soul (1989)
7. Can You Feel It
- Fingers Inc. (1988)
8. Big Fun
-Inner City (1988)
9. Theme From S'Express
- S'Express (1988)
10. Key To My Happiness
- The Charades (1966)

"I'm delighted that Billie Jean has been voted the greatest dance record ever made," said Ball.

"This is Jackson at his best. This track is way up there for me - *****'s rendition of it at the Motown 25th anniversary show has got to be one of the great live performances of all time.

"The bassline is awesome, the production is killer. It's just perfect."

'Sonic personality'

The beginning of Jackson's Billie Jean is instantly recognisable because of the first few drum beats in the introduction.

Sound engineer Bruce Swedien said Jackson asked for the song to have "the greatest sonic personality that you can possibly put on a track - starting with the drums".

A panel of music experts, including DJs Trevor Nelson and Danny Rampling, drew up a shortlist of 20 records, which were then voted for by listeners online.

The songs, dated from 1966 to 2001, were selected for their "musical merit, and importance in the narrative of UK dance music".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7507218.stm

I love the way Mike spends time with his kids, they are such a cute family.

If i was Debbie it would break my heart seeing them all grown up.

Billie Jean voted top dance song
Tuesday, 15 July

jpg
Michael Jackson's song Billie Jean has been voted the greatest dance record of all time by BBC Radio 2 listeners.

Written by Jackson, and co-produced by Quincy Jones, the track won two Grammy awards and went to the top of the UK charts in 1983.

Donna Summer's I Feel Love, which topped the UK charts in 1977, took second place in the music poll.

In third place was soul legend James Brown with Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine.

Rhythim Is Rhythim's 1987 house track Strings Of Life featured at at number four, followed by Alison Limerick's Where Love Lives.

The poll, revealed in a three-part series presented by Zoe Ball, was part of a Radio 2 dance music season.

TOP 10 DANCE RECORDS
1. Billie Jean
- Michael Jackson (1983)
2. I Feel Love
- Donna Summer (1977)
3. Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine
- James Brown (1970)
4. Strings Of Life
- Rhythim Is Rhythim (1987)
5. Where Love Lives
- Alison Limerick (1994)
6. Keep On Movin'
- Soul II Soul (1989)
7. Can You Feel It
- Fingers Inc. (1988)
8. Big Fun
-Inner City (1988)
9. Theme From S'Express
- S'Express (1988)
10. Key To My Happiness
- The Charades (1966)

"I'm delighted that Billie Jean has been voted the greatest dance record ever made," said Ball.

"This is Jackson at his best. This track is way up there for me - *****'s rendition of it at the Motown 25th anniversary show has got to be one of the great live performances of all time.

"The bassline is awesome, the production is killer. It's just perfect."

'Sonic personality'

The beginning of Jackson's Billie Jean is instantly recognisable because of the first few drum beats in the introduction.

Sound engineer Bruce Swedien said Jackson asked for the song to have "the greatest sonic personality that you can possibly put on a track - starting with the drums".

A panel of music experts, including DJs Trevor Nelson and Danny Rampling, drew up a shortlist of 20 records, which were then voted for by listeners online.

The songs, dated from 1966 to 2001, were selected for their "musical merit, and importance in the narrative of UK dance music".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7507218.stm

:punk::clapping: "BILLIE JEAN" is a masterpiece! :yes:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

OMG, that was the FUNNIEST and cutest thing I've seen!!! :hysterical::hysterical: TOTALLY cracked me up!!! :lmao: :lmao: That Wall-E thingy lookd like it was having a seizure to MJ's music!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: SO FUNNY!!! WHAT is that thing anyways???? :lol: I WANT ONE!!! :lol: TOOOOOOO FUNNY!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

^ U should see the movie.. It's so qute..

I'm watching live models of Wall-E on youtube right now.. :)

Also it's fun to watch Wall-E's interactio with things.. On youtube you can see his first time interacting with 'bouncy balls', 'vacume','fire hydrent', 'head phones.'

It's just adorable.. The movie is qute.. You'll like it.. It's a love story too.. lol!

I can definitely see why Paris was the one who enjoyed it the most, I watched it on the premiere like two weeks ago and couldn't stop smiling, and kept gushing over it for a few days it's just ADORABLE!

Last edited:
^ U should see the movie.. It's so qute..

I'm watching live models of Wall-E on youtube right now.. :)

Also it's fun to watch Wall-E's interactio with things.. On youtube you can see his first time interacting with 'bouncy balls', 'vacume','fire hydrent', 'head phones.'

It's just adorable.. The movie is qute.. You'll like it.. It's a love story too.. lol!

Yeah, I saw parts in the trailor and it looked absolutely ADORABLE! SO CUTE!! Like I said...it's like the modern day E.T., just totally cute!

I can definitely see why Paris was the one who enjoyed it the most, I watched it on the premiere like two weeks ago and couldn't stop smiling, and kept gushing over it for a few days it's just ADORABLE!

Yeah, I can imagine she loved it! When I saw the trailer it totally reminded me of 1982 when I went to see Annie and E.T at the movies with my dad and I couldn't stop talking about those movies for WEEKS!!

Yay for Mike and his little Jacksons!

"And his little Jacksons"....:lol: Good one!! TOO CUTE!!! :wub: :lol:

Thanks to all for the news and updates! :flowers: Another nice and peaceful day out for MJ and his kiddies. Coolies. :D

I can definitely see why Paris was the one who enjoyed it the most, I watched it
on the premiere like two weeks ago and couldn't stop smiling, and kept gushing over it
for a few days it's just ADORABLE!

That's what I thought too about PARIS when I first posted the story.
I've yet to see the movie, but I have seen the trailer.
I think I'll have to check it out soon...take my little nieces.:) Lol!

Back