July 15 2008 - Michael Jackson News & Mentionings - Michael sees Wall-E

wes

Proud Member
A big howdy and hello! I hope you're all having a great day! Not much yet, just setting up for Tuesday!
-------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday July 15 2008

Michael Jackson News
-------------------------------------------

MJ Takes Kids to See Wall-E

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson%20takes%20his%20kids%20to%20see%20wall-e_1074266

MICHAEL JACKSON wowed cinemagoers in Las Vegas, Nevada on Monday afternoon (14Jul08) when he took his kids to see WALL-E on the big screen.
The pop superstar, his three children and four security guards checked out a matinee screening of the hit Pixar movie at a virtually empty cinema at the Palms resort.
One eyewitness, who was watching the film with his stepdaughter, admits he was amazed when he realised who was sitting in front of him.
He tells WENN, "There were no disguises and the three kids weren't wearing the masks they've become famous for. Despite the guards, it was just a family trip to the cinema. They all wore red baseball caps.
"There was me, my stepdaughter and a Japanese couple and their kid - and that was it, so I think Michael must have picked a quiet day to come and see the film.
"They seemed to enjoy the film; Jackson's daughter appeared to like it more than anyone."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson takes his kids out

Tuesday, July 15, 2008: (Las Vegas)
NDTVmusic.com

Michael Jackson took his kids to see WALL-E on the big screen on Monday afternoon, in Las Vegas.

The pop superstar was accompanied by his three children and four security guards. An eyewitness couldn't believe his eyes when he realised who was sitting in front of the star.

He was quoted as saying, "There were no disguises and the three kids weren't wearing the masks they've become famous for. Despite the guards, it was just a family trip to the cinema. They all wore red baseball caps."

"There was me, my stepdaughter and a Japanese couple and their kid - and that was it, so I think Michael must have picked a quiet day to come and see the film. They seemed to enjoy the film; Jackson's daughter appeared to like it more than anyone," he added.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson To Turn 50...In Newark, Sort Of
http://www.baristanet.com/2008/07/michael_jackson_turns_50in_new.php

First there were the fantasy announcer contests with the New Jersey Jackals. Now the Newark Bears have their own promotion...
The (former) King of Pop is turning 50 this summer and the Newark Bears are throwing him a party on July 18. Fans are encouraged to put on a sequin batting glove and head over to the Bears game for Michael Jackson's 50th birthday celebration.
A Michael Jackson impersonator will be on hand to take on Bears mascot Rip 'N Ruppert in a Thriller Dance off. Here's the Bears' impersonator on YouTube from last year. Oh, and fans can enter the Bears' moonwalk competition on top of the dugout. But wait, there's also a happy birthday MJ fireworks spectacular. We're guessing there might be a baseball game in there somewhere as well. For info, go here.

Liz George

------------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Raising awareness to accept skin condition

http://www.getreading.co.uk/lifestyle/s/2032019_raising_awareness_to_accept_skin_condition

It is the condition which turned Michael Jackson’s skin white and a Coley mum would like everyone to understand more about it.
The Vitiligo Society has been raising awareness this month of the skin condition which causes loss of pigmentation.
By Linda Fort
--------------------------------------------------------
Ace Young plays the right cards

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/14/ace-plays-the-right-cards/

His Michael Jackson tendencies - vocally and arrangement-wise - come through most on the single Addicted. He reins it in on the rest of the disc, letting his personality come through on songs like A Hard Hand to Hold. With live horns and strings across the disc, no expense was spared in getting the mood of smooth R&B tempered at times with harder rock edges. The album-closing Dirty Mind blends sharp guitars with snappy horn arrangements.
By Mark Brown, Rocky Mountain News
------------------------------------------------------

CHECK BACK LATER TODAY FOR MORE NEWS AND MENTIONINGS

Last edited:
Re: July 15 2008 - Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Woohoo. You be early mate! It's still early evening ovr herr!

Thanks though!

:eek: Its almost 2am here

Wes don't worry about it we will accept your news thread! You did great on your first post! :D

Please welcome our other new team member wes! :clapping:

well thanks even though it's the 14th where I am... :) I'll thank you again 2marrow.. lol!

Hi wes, and thanks looking forward to more mentionings hopefully :)

That impersonator is cool.
FYI - the word "Impersonator" shouldn't be used... Most lookalikes prefer the word Tribute Artist, or even lookalike, but Impersonator sounds like "Imposter" and that isn't what is intended - even if the person doesn't do it that well - no matter who they are paying tribute too.

Trust me, I have several friends who work in that industry, "impersonator" makes us cringe, both as a descriptive and just to hear it.

Last edited:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson takes his kids to see wall-e_1074266

Hope this bit is OK.

Michael Jackson wowed cinemagoers in Las Vegas, Nevada
on Monday afternoon (14Jul08) when he took his kids to see WALL-E
on the big screen.
The pop superstar, his three children and four security guards checked out
a matinee screening of the hit Pixar movie at a virtually empty cinema at the Palms resort.

Thanks for the news Wes!

http://www.ndtvmusic.com/story.asp?id=ENTEN20080057184

Michael Jackson takes his kids out

NDTVmusic.com
Tuesday, July 15, 2008: (Las Vegas):

Michael Jackson took his kids to see WALL-E on the big screen on Monday afternoon, in Las Vegas.

The pop superstar was accompanied by his three children and four security guards. An eyewitness couldn't believe his eyes when he realised who was sitting in front of the star.

He was quoted as saying, "There were no disguises and the three kids weren't wearing the masks they've become famous for. Despite the guards, it was just a family trip to the cinema. They all wore red baseball caps."

"There was me, my stepdaughter and a Japanese couple and their kid - and that was it, so I think Michael must have picked a quiet day to come and see the film. They seemed to enjoy the film; Jackson's daughter appeared to like it more than anyone," he added.

Ooooh I wanna see Wall-E it looks like a new age short circuit or something. :D

actually for some reason it's making me think of *batteries not included :wub:

Hope Michael and kids enjoyed the movie ^_^

thanks wes.

Glad they got to go out again, without being stalked by fans and paparazzi. Hope they enjoyed the movie. I'm taking my niece to see it tomorrow.

i wish we can see some pics inorder to stop the lies about Mj's health.

Thanks for posting the news. I hope Michael and his children enjoyed the film! :) I just watched the Wall-E trailer and I have GOT To see that movie too!! I was CRACKING UP in some parts (like when he was playing that ping pong thingy and when he discovered the bra and put it over his eyes because he apparently didn't know what it was...TOO FUNNY!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:)...and then I was about to start crying in other parts because he was lonely and then in love, etc...Remindd me of E.T. a lot. Gotta see that movie!! :yes:

Last edited:
I haven't seen the movie yet.. but I am so happy Michael got out with his children again. :)

How do you stop those pesky health rumors? Don't buy into them. Believe me, If something was seriously wrong with Michael, It would be everywhere and not just be rumors and gossip.

It's funny that article says that it seemed liked Paris enjoyed it most, because I took my kids (7 & 9) to see it on my sons birthday and my daughter was cracking up, especially in the beginning:D

I thought it was a great movie, I don't buy very many movies, but I think I will when this one comes out on DVD.

The person who was there seemed really nice. I liked the way he talked about the kids. Nice little article =)

Thanks for posting the news.

The article regarding MJ going to the movies with his children was really good. I am shocked that contact music didn't do their usual BS in the article. They just told the story.

Thanks for the news. I hope MJ and his kids had a good time watching Wall-E :D

Thanks for the news, everyone!!
I loved reading about
Michael Jackson taking his children to the movies.:wub:

Thanks for news guys. and somehow I had a hunch Mike would take the family out to see Wall -E. My friend at work said he absolutely LOVED it...I really want to see it.

Back