July 1, 2008 ~~ News and Comments on the Akon/MJ Duet is Spreading

MJ wrote this song, right???

I think he did. That is why Sony yanked the song from YouTube. I think Mike and Akon probably co-wrote the song and will share the credit. So therefore when they win the Grammy for Best Colloboration, both of them will get a Grammy.

I think he did. That is why Sony yanked the song from YouTube. I think Mike and Akon probably co-wrote the song and will share the credit. So therefore when they win the Grammy for Best Colloboration, both of them will get a Grammy.

come on now.. aren't you looking too far ahead?:unsure:

I doubt MJ co-wrote this. Sony/ATV got it removed because they are Akon's publisher. Wait for the song to be released first before dreaming about Grammys :lol:

i think MJ had at least some serious input on the song, if not co-writer. The development from the demo to what we have now sounds like MJ had his way with the song :lol:

Thanks for the news you guys.

I just got done watching "America's Got Talent." My sister called me to see the last part because they were playing "YANA" in the background. I went inside the room and watched it. The show was doing like a mini profile of this sweet little boy. The mother of the boy talked about her son and she stated that her son suffers from Autism. That really touched me. The mother stated that the boy didn't start to talk until he was at least three years old. So, the boy went to the stage and talked to the judges. One of the judges (Sharon Osborne) asked the boy what is his favorite singer of all time. He stated that it was the Jackson Five. (BTW, The boy is nine years old.) So, the boy starts to sing and he sings "Ben". I was so happy because I love that song. As he was doing his performance, his mother started to cry and that was when I shed a few tears. (I am not really a crier but these types of stories always make me cry.) While he was almost finished singing the song, it sounded like he was about to cry because in some ways, he can relate to that beautiful song. After he was finished, he had a STANDING OVATION. The audience cheered and clapped. The judges decided to send him to Las Vegas to complete for the semi finals of the show. Anyway, it was truly wonderful and it reminded me once again, the impact this great man, MJ has make. Sometimes, we get angry when a few losers trash Michael. However, when we read, hear and see stories of the trials and situations of people in their lives and how, in some way, Michael's music relates to their lives, you begin to understand what MJ is truly about. It was just wonderful to see. It really was. I hope someone uploaded it on youtube. You guys really need to see it.

Oh, Bee, I will be looking for that on Youtube for sure.

And I think that it is highly possible that Michael co-wrote the song. Why not?

That is a good observation, MsMo. Makes you wonder, doesn't it. I think this removal really has something to do with Michael's input. Whether that input be co-writing the song or singing the song, we don't know. But Sony/ATV is a publishing company and they were specifically interested in copyrights. That is directly related to the lyrics. So I wouldn't be surprised if Mike co-wrote it.

That is a good observation, MsMo. Makes you wonder, doesn't it. I think this removal really has something to do with Michael's input. Whether that input be co-writing the song or singing the song, we don't know. But Sony/ATV is a publishing company and they were specifically interested in copyrights. That is directly related to the lyrics. So I wouldn't be surprised if Mike co-wrote it.

Yep,and I'll be VERY surprised if he didn't co-write it.

Granted, all I have to go on is instinct here, but I really think that MJ wrote this song. It just sounds and feels so much like an MJ song.

Like:

"Sexy Love"
"Because of You"
"Rock Your Body"

...and the like.

"Hold My Hand" featured an Akon demo that sounded MJ-esque. Doesn't mean he wrote it. And not all the duet featurettes MJ had were co-written or written by him. Least "Ease On Down the Road" and "Say Say Say" were written by others.

It also doesn't mean that he didn't co-write it. We just don't know yet. What we do know is that Sony/ATV, which is a publishing company, had an interest in it not being leaked. We also know that Akon was not happy with the leak.

I believe that Akon wanted his first single to be released on a particular day that he chose and this just knocked him off his game a little. He may be mad now, but do believe that he will still release the song. I can't see Akon sitting on a Michael Jackson colab. No way.

LOL @ ATLF, you're just assuming like I am. We ain't no psychics. :lol:

In hindsight, though, a lot of pop songs are sounding too much like Michael. :mellow:

Last edited:
I just got done watching "America's Got Talent." My sister called me to see the last part because they were playing "YANA" in the background. I went inside the room and watched it. The show was doing like a mini profile of this sweet little boy. The mother of the boy talked about her son and she stated that her son suffers from Autism. That really touched me. The mother stated that the boy didn't start to talk until he was at least three years old. So, the boy went to the stage and talked to the judges. One of the judges (Sharon Osborne) asked the boy what is his favorite singer of all time. He stated that it was the Jackson Five. (BTW, The boy is nine years old.) So, the boy starts to sing and he sings "Ben". I was so happy because I love that song. As he was doing his performance, his mother started to cry and that was when I shed a few tears. (I am not really a crier but these types of stories always make me cry.) While he was almost finished singing the song, it sounded like he was about to cry because in some ways, he can relate to that beautiful song. After he was finished, he had a STANDING OVATION. The audience cheered and clapped. The judges decided to send him to Las Vegas to complete for the semi finals of the show. Anyway, it was truly wonderful and it reminded me once again, the impact this great man, MJ has make. Sometimes, we get angry when a few losers trash Michael. However, when we read, hear and see stories of the trials and situations of people in their lives and how, in some way, Michael's music relates to their lives, you begin to understand what MJ is truly about. It was just wonderful to see. It really was. I hope someone uploaded it on youtube. You guys really need to see it.

I saw it too Bee and I was thinking the same thing. I was watching it with my mom. We both were all emotional. It was such a great story and such a talented little boy. :flowers:

Back