July 1, 2008 ~~ News and Comments on the Akon/MJ Duet is Spreading

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Goodmorning peeps! Let me see what today's buzz is about (sure I can guess!!) :lol:

Wow, there's like 50 stories about Hold My Hand :yes: So I'll start with the Reality TV Show lol

Jackson family set for TV show?

by ANDREI HARMSWORTH - Tuesday, July 1, 2008
janetjacksonAP_175x125.jpg

Janet and MJ to be involved

The bizarre lives of the Jackson family could be bound for a reality TV show for all to see, US reports now claim.
Insiders speculate the Jackson Five brothers and sisters, La Toya and Janet, are set to squash into the family home in Encino, California to film the series.
Michael Jackson will be the only sibling not based at the house but will contribute with singing from his private studio in Las Vegas. http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=199163&in_page_id=7

Ok this next one is blah but the comments are great!
New Music: Akon f/ Michael Jackson - ‘Hold My Hand’

akon_mj.jpg
Akon has been working with Michael Jackson on the King of Pop’s comeback album. The latest fruit of their labor comes with “Hold My Hand.” The mid-tempo, melodic collaboration features the lyrics, “Things will get better if you just hold my hand.” Wasn’t that what got MJ in trouble in the first place?

This entry was posted on Monday, June 30th, 2008 at 10:39 am and is filed under Michael Jackson, Akon, New Music. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

40 Responses to “New Music: Akon f/ Michael Jackson - ‘Hold My Hand’”

1. jermaine Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 10:54 amfuck all your haters and wanna bees this is the king of pop time Akon is like number 1 in Pop world right now international i know he had that struggle time in his life and shit i think we need the King back is cool the single but we need some very edge u feel me i think they should do a video.

TERRELL Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 11:09 amMIKE JACKSON IS BACK!!

Shayna Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 11:22 amYESS! I LOVE IT! OMG.

Jerron Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 11:23 amWow, I actually like it. Cool song!

harry Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 11:34 amThe King of music is back! Listen to that voice! I would bet my life this will reach number 1…

Willaim Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 11:34 amDamn!.. this song made me teary eyed! That’s very rare! Michael Jackson and Akon do A GREAT COLLABORATION! They sound GREAT. I hope more comes from them, soon.

Mika Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 11:47 amI love this song, Michael has such a beautiful voice. I hope he will soon come to France.
    Michael, your fans are waiting for you here and all aver the world.

Sierra Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 11:51 amNOT A FAN OF MJ but i like this song, Akon basically makes the song hot.. Both of there voices together is what\\\’s up! MJ needs to do his whole album with Akon so should JJ cause they both have low voices..

AARTZ1 Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 11:51 amIts a good song but the trouble is that it sounds more like a Akon song feat. Michael Jackson verses a Michael Jackson song feat. Akon. I want a little more Michael Jackson!!!!! but like I said its a good song and it just shows that Michael Jackson can weave in and out of any decade he wants to. He\’s just that good.

John Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 12:15 pmAbsolutely incredible! Michael Jackson soars when he does music, he just soars. The only unfortunate thing is there isn\’t more Michael in the song. His voice is still able to make me feel. He sings with such amazing passion. Welcome back Mr. Jackson, we\’ve been waiting for you.

Paul Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 12:25 pmThe King! I see this song being a huge hit, MJs vocals make it shine. Cant wait to hear his new solo work for his own upcoming album.

Shayna K[: Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 12:28 pmomg. this song is just brilliant! Yea, it’s Akon’s song Ft. MJ, but still, its` amazing. surprising, I really love it.
    x :]

mike mcc Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 12:45 pmmichael jackson & akon your song is going to be #1 you the best mj & akon!!!!!!!!

4 Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 1:12 pmjust can´t get enough of mike´s unique voice!!!!

Japha Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 1:27 pmSee what it\’s like? Nobody can deny MJ\’s musical talent! That\’s why I see no reason not to like this guys music.
    He is amazing. The King Of Pop, Rock and Soul!

jamie Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 1:39 pmi love michael jackson. this is going to be a hit. mj\\\’s voice is amazing. welcome back michael jackson!!! the music industry needs you.

quint Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 1:44 pmit\’s good to have you back MJ

Cherubim Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 1:48 pmThe RETURN OF THE KING, MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!
    THANK GOD!!!!

Kean Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 2:08 pmI didnt like it,,, as always MJ hides behind the music and some dude he is singing with…, all MJ says is \

David Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 2:08 pmloved it
    cant wait for mjs new album

lil_ray Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 2:23 pmwow Im liken no lovin this my and akon song wow!!!!!!

Brad Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 2:46 pmMichael Jackson sounds great. Gee its been a long time since we have heard his voice. He is finally back!

jerome Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 2:55 pmi love love love MJ. This made my day!

Espen Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 4:01 pmWhat a surprise! Seems like it´s all still there… the voice, the ease, the talent, the joy, the love for music … Let´s embrace this icon and wish him all the best if he eventually manages to stage a comeback.

Jane ross Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 4:10 pmMJ still has it. No wonder he is the most sucessful artist of all time in popular music. He is going to raise the bar for other artists when his new music comes out. The guy has been to hell and back, bullied by the tabloids, lied about etc. but he is still standing and the haters have never broken his spirit.

Linda Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 4:40 pmmade my day too!! : )

keyjhad Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 4:52 pmluv u mike,cant wait for the new lp,hurry up guy

briej Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 5:26 pmThis Clearly Is A AKon Track Michaels Vocals Are Okay But He\\\’s Not Heard Enough On This TRack For It To Be His

JoJo Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 6:05 pmIt\’s time to let the past, pass away. If this is a sample of what Michael Jackson has been up to lately, then I want to hear more. I would love another \

JoJo Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 6:06 pm“Off the Wall” or “Thriller.” Let’s all remember what Michael was known for first, one of the all-time best performers ever. I for one, would like to see him perform once again

summer Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 6:33 pmThe song is VERY catchy!!! I love it!
    icon_smile.gif
    “Hoooool maaaaaah hand!!”…The KING OF MUSIC is BACK!!! GO MIKE!!!!! Michael sounds GREAT!!! It’s great to hear him sing again! Oh yeah and Akon’s pretty alright too…LOL!
    As for the VERY unnecessary comment from Rap-up.com in the introduction to the song….I hope you will remove it. That was stupid, mean and totally NOT necessary. All the jokes, innuendos and mean comments about Michael are just REALLY getting OLD, you know…!!! Why can’t people respect Michael for the great artist and a good human being he is?? Is it really necessary to always make some mean comments about him? Does it make YOU feel better if you can put him down? Just wonderig… Show some CHARACTER and be nice or be quiet if you can’t think of anything nice to say. Thanks!
  2. J-Fig Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 7:30 pmYes. This has A great tempo, Akon& the king wow! I love it and can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’t wait for the rest… OMG!! yes!!
    O , & GET OFF THE SHIT TALKING AND JUST PUT THE SONG OUT WITHOUT THE SMART ASS OPINION.. THE MEDIA IS UST TRYING TO BRING DOWN THE KING …. AS

Re: July 1, 2008

ALWAYS..
  1. Angel Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 7:47 pmBeautiful song. I can\’t wait to hear it on the radio.

Argentine Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 8:45 pmYEA Michael I Luv U Man

GiG Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 10:29 pmOh happy day! That voice. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’ve had the mp3 of this on repeat all day. Love ya to death, Michael.

Tim Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 10:30 pmYou can always trust that once MJ graps the mic, what\’s gonna come out will be quality.

Hola Says:
    July 1st, 2008 at 12:25 amholy cow>mICHAEL i LOVE u

Nicole Says:
    July 1st, 2008 at 1:10 amBeing a Michael Jackson fan i\\\\\\\’m really glad and happppppyyyyyy!!! he\\\\\\\’s making a go for it. Remember its Akon new album not MJ\\\\\\\’s new Material fans will have to wait just a bit longer for that.
    I personally cant wait for the video MJ looking soooooooo good on front of ebony magazine i think he\\\\\\\’ll look amazing in the new vid which is ment to be released @ the end of july.
    I would love Mj to work with Dr Dre, Mark Ronson,Floetry and it would be perfect if Michael Jackson & Quincy Jones were to hit the studio in style and bring it back to the slick soulful roots that we all know MJ has I mean the king loves James Brown how soulful can the be.
    GOOD LUCK AKON AND ESPECIALLY YOU MICHAEL

Happy Says:
    July 1st, 2008 at 4:58 amOMG I started to cry when I first heard the song. I love it so much, everyone thought that the collaboration between Akon and Michael was not going to sound good but Akon told everyone that it was going to be a hit and it is. Can\\\’t wait for it to comeout.
    Michael Jackson sounds great and it has been a long time comming thats for sure. Michael and Akon sound great together. The King is back yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Bella Says:
    July 1st, 2008 at 5:14 am“Things will get better if you just hold my hand.” Wasn’t that what got MJ in trouble in the first place?
    fuck you for saying that! you don’t know what happened so don’t hate!http://www.rap-up.com/2008/06/30/new-music-akon-f-michael-jackson-hold-my-hand/
New Michael Jackson (Feat. Akon) - "Hold My Hand"

akon-mj-hold_my_hand.jpg

Michael's still hugging and rearing children (he said "rearing children"), Akon still loves throwing them offstage and dry humping them onstage, and that's why I get so moved when I hear them sing the lyric "hold my hand" in this new jam (not jam) "Hold My Hand." These are just normal, affectionate guys talking about engaging in normal, affectionate behavior. It's all very convincing.
My favorite part of this song, which might be on MJ's forthcoming album, is not the banal and generic lyrical motif that effectively screams "I've never been in a functional relationship in my life," and is not those instances of hip autotune, but the fact that if you squeeze your eyes close enough and tilt your head you can hear a few shades of Spice Girls' "2 Become 1" in there. But that's probably just because I am always thinking about Michael Jackson and Spice Girls first thing in the morning.
PREVIOUSLY IN AKON & MICHAEL JACKSON: Akon manages to fuck up "Wanna Be Startin' Something" ... by making it sound like Train. http://stereogum.com/archives/new-michael-jackson-feat-akon-hold-my-hand_010768.html

Michael Jackson Releases Brand New Song With Akon

Jacko200-PR(2).jpg

A new song by rapper Akon which features guest vocals from Michael Jackson has appeared online.

The song, entitled 'Hold My Hand', is understood to be the product of the pair's recent studio collaboration.

As previously reported on Gigwise, Akon is said to be producing Jackson's as-yet-untitled new studio album.
Fans' reaction to the song on various websites has been mostly positive, with one declaring that Jackson's vocals are “the return of the king.”

Another said: “So..after all this time Michael Jacksons still got it! He sounds great.”

What do you think of the song? Do you rate it? Let Gigwise readers know your thoughts by posting a comment below.http://www.gigwise.com/news/44271/michael-jackson-releases-brand-new-song-with-akon

Michael Jackson In Akon’s New Song
Published by Carolina on June 30th, 2008
http://tob.hollywood.com/2008/06/30/michael-jackson-in-akons-new-song/

Now I recommend adding some comments to this sweet little gossip site - they have a blog on the new song there http://entertainmentzone.ning.com/
:yes:

In MJ History today:

1972 - Michael Jackson appeared solo on "American Bandstand" to mime his hits "Ben" and "Rockin' Robin."

1992 - The BPI certified the album "Thriller" at 11 times platinum and the album "Bad" at 13 times platinum in the U.K.

Will post more as it comes in :yes:

Last edited:

Sorry the numbering got messed up in that but ya'll can figure it out :lol: It was too long for one post :yes:

thanks for the news!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:
LOVE all the buzz about the new song :yes:

Last edited:

Thank you for the news, Shannon.

Let the promo begin. The replies are awesome. As we all can see, the people MISS the King, the true King.

Looks like the media had better step up and get on the bandwagon as they are the ONLY ones with crap to say now about MJ.

People love Mike and will always love Mike so the media is really wasting their time by always printing crap about him

Wonderful comments! :eek: Thanks for posting Shannon.

I can't wait til' it's released too so the whole world can hear it!!

More news:

Fans Call New Michael Jackson Song 'Summer Anthem Of 2008'

They heap praise on the track...
michael_jackson_200(1).jpg

'Hold My Hand', the new song by rapper Akon and Michael Jackson, is 2008's summer in the making and proof that “the king of pop” is back.

Those are the thoughts of just a few music fans who have contacted Gigwise since the track emerged online yesterday (June 30th).

'Hold My Hand' is understood to be the product of the pair's recent studio collaboration, which is expected to lead to the release of Jackson's new studio album.

Speaking to Gigwise, Boggie, described the song as “beautiful” and said it “brings much comfort”.

“The lyrics reach out to the basic need that is so absent in todays botch job of a society. Michael shows his sincere dedication to making the world a better place.

“That is what a true King is supposed to do. The King of Pop is always in the hearts of those who understand what life, humanity and music are about. Michael brings out the best in anyone he works with, Akon sounds so smooth.”

Ertan was also impressed by the track and how “Michael brings Akon to another level”.

“This song simply ROCKS!!! It's so smooth, so beautiful,” added.

A number of fans who contacted Gigwise also agreed that 'Hold My Hand' proved that Jackson had “the best voice ever”.

What do you think of the song? Why not leave a comment below and let Gigwise readers know your thoughts.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/44298/fans-call-new-michael-jackson-song-summer-anthem-of-2008

Last edited:
Ohh My Gawd I Think Im Going To Cry Thank You God For The Postivity!! lol so emotional now..sorry..lmfaoo

Last edited:
thanks for the mentionings and news

Some of us are practically camping out in the other thread :laugh:

Thanks for the news!

Last edited:
  1. summer Says:
    June 30th, 2008 at 6:33 pmThe song is VERY catchy!!! I love it!
    icon_smile.gif
    “Hoooool maaaaaah hand!!”…The KING OF MUSIC is BACK!!! GO MIKE!!!!! Michael sounds GREAT!!! It’s great to hear him sing again! Oh yeah and Akon’s pretty alright too…LOL!
    As for the VERY unnecessary comment from Rap-up.com in the introduction to the song….I hope you will remove it. That was stupid, mean and totally NOT necessary. All the jokes, innuendos and mean comments about Michael are just REALLY getting OLD, you know…!!! Why can’t people respect Michael for the great artist and a good human being he is?? Is it really necessary to always make some mean comments about him? Does it make YOU feel better if you can put him down? Just wonderig… Show some CHARACTER and be nice or be quiet if you can’t think of anything nice to say. Thanks!
Is this from OUR Summer? :mello:

wow!!all these positive comments are great and it really says alot for mikes own new music,when it finally arrives!!

MTV Yall:

Jul 1 2008 2:17 PM EDT
Akon/ Michael Jackson Collaboration, 'Hold My Hand,' Leaks

Track might wind up on 'Kon's upcoming third album.

By Jennifer Vineyard

Akon wanted to be starting something with Michael Jackson — and apparently, that something involves holding hands.

A song that the two worked on for Akon's upcoming album has leaked to the Internet, and it's called "Hold My Hand." An earlier version of the track, without Jackson's contributing vocals, leaked in February, just as the pair's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" was officially released as the first single for the re-release of Thriller.

A mid-tempo ballad featuring strings at its beginning, "Hold My Hand" layers the singers' vocals over a drum machine and a twinkling piano melody as the pair trade off lyrics like "We're better off being together than being miserable alone" and "Nothing can come between us if you just hold my hand." Jackson's softer, more lilting vocal lines start the duet, but Akon soon becomes dominant, thanks to his distinctive phrasing.

Akon's label rep said that the singer's as-yet-untitled third album, due later this year, has not been completed, so there's no word on whether "Hold My Hand" will make the cut, and as such, there hasn't been any plan to release the song as a single.

Akon previously told MTV News that working with MJ was a dream come true, calling the King of Pop "incredible" and a "genius."

"Just to be in the same room [with him], I felt everything I wanted to accomplish in life has been achieved," Akon said. "That aura ... that's how incredible that aura is. We about to shake the world up, man. You know how you be with somebody and you can't even explain [the feeling]? I used to sit and think, 'How does somebody sell so many records and dominate a whole business genre to a point [where] nobody can't be a part of that without associating with you?' The way he thinks ... some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It's on another level."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1590241/20080701/jackson_michael.jhtml

Last edited:
im just smapin'! lol

this song will bring those back to mj who've left and introduce him to a whole nother audience! woot woot!

I think overall it is great. Like I said, no matter who you are, there is alway going to be a few idoits. That is life with ALL of us (not just Michael). Just enjoy the song and let the few haters go. As long as 90% of the people are loving it (considering what all Michael has been through), who cares about the few.

Back