JP Lipa (Filmed Some Of This Is It)

Oh, my ear is very bad! :bugeyed
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif

I reckon the day will come when we will get more than our share of new This Is It footage.. I think there would probably be many delicate legal issues around releasing it.

I don't know what legal issues the Estate and Sony would have over releasing any footage the Estate owns. They didn't have legal issues over releasing the initial This Is It movie.

But JP Lipa that released that footage on this trailer for his work was apparently was asked to remove the MJ footage. He doesn't have any rights or permissions to release it because it is copyright and own by Michael's Estate not him. He can show his original filming of the Interviews that were already released but not leak unreleased footage.

Before the CM trial I remember Sony stating that they didn't want unreleased TII footage being used because they were saving it for anniversary editions....

Can't we ask them to? When they finally released something over the years, it's kinda disappointing. Like Bad tour wembley (Lack of quality), This is it (Most of the songs not live and we mainly see the songs, just a few moments when we saw Michael at the process of the tour).. So i hope if they release new footage it will be more like this!

I know he/she was referring to TII. If only Jam, They Don't Care About Us, Thriller, partially TWYMMF were playback, that statement was incorrect.

There is nothing from the estate to suggest that. They don't say what they will or wont release or when.

Although the MJ Estate haven't given an indication that there will be an anniversary edition of TII soon, it would make sense to release it on the 5th anniversary. 10 years seems too long IMO.

And Man in the Mirror.

really? the hoo's & other vocals don't sound like playback.. I hope we see the Song's that weren't in the movie (you are not alone, will you be there, dirty Diana, dangerous, stranger in Moscow, heal the world etc.)

Last edited:
Yes some parts were live but they dubbed the most. I'm pretty sure 2:01 is dubbed.

I know he/she was referring to TII. If only Jam, They Don't Care About Us, Thriller, partially TWYMMF were playback, that statement was incorrect.

I'm a 'He'! And the following songs are not live (Filled with vocals from demo's and existing track for the dvd)

Jam
TDCAU
Human Nature (this one is live but his vocals were enhanced with auto tune or melodyne)
Smooth Criminal (Except the chorus)
TWYMMF (Except intro and outro)
Thriller
Beat It (Not sure but it really looks like it)
Earth Song (Vocals from demo 'What about us')
Billie Jean (Vocals from demo)
Man in the mirror

I mean, if they say titles 'for the fans' i wasn't expecting demo vocals.. even if it's not good or whatever.
And they have enough HD footage to montage, and they come with SD..

really? the hoo's & other vocals don't sound like playback.. I hope we see the Song's that weren't in the movie (you are not alone, will you be there, dirty Diana, dangerous, stranger in Moscow, heal the world etc.)

They could just better start from the beginning of the song as this was always a good ending of the concert.. Really wanted to hear his vocals on this when he freestyles with the lyrics!

Just a quick question.. When they say they made it for the fans what would you like more?

1. Seeing the songs performed like they are on dvd now (with all the demo vocals in it)
2. Seeing the songs performed with everything live (no playback)
3. seeing the process of the songs (like meetings or even a whole rehearsal day with every step they did that day)

Personally i would love to watch a full rehearsal day with all the songs included and the breaks when they discuss everything with the band etc.

Like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZr8Bbqnpcw

I'm a 'He'! And the following songs are not live (Filled with vocals from demo's and existing track for the dvd)

Jam
TDCAU
Human Nature (this one is live but his vocals were enhanced with auto tune or melodyne)
Thriller
Man in the mirror

I mean, if they say titles 'for the fans' i wasn't expecting demo vocals.. even if it's not good or whatever.
Beat It sounds live to me. The vocals could be from the silver jacket day but sadly they didn't use much footage from that performance(the same day with Black or White).

Human Nature and Beat It of course were live, don't get me started. Smooth Criminal doesn't sound like the record version, Earth Song was live until the chery picker part and Billie Jean has lyrics from the demo but sounded more mature than from that recording in 1981.

Human Nature and Beat It of course were live, don't get me started. Smooth Criminal doesn't sound like the record version, Earth Song was live until the chery picker part and Billie Jean has lyrics from the demo but sounded more mature than from that recording in 1981.
No, the vocals on Earth Song are identical to the demo. That performance was dubbed. Same for Billie Jean. His voice just sounds more mature because they lowered the pitch. Beat It is a bit of a question mark, it might have been live I think (at least it's not clear where the dubbed vocals come from otherwise, it's of course not the album version).

All songs were live...!!! Because his voice it wasn't the same with the album. It was mature and this is obvious.
Again, the reason they sound mature is just due to the lowered pitch. This is also why some people thought the songs he performed solo at MSG in 2001 were live (the section with the brothers was live, but his solo slot was not).

Jam
TDCAU
Thriller
Man in the mirror

For some reason I doubt that. Both of those effects are very noticeable when used. Human Nature was 100% Michael, in my opinion.

For some reason I doubt that. Both of those effects are very noticeable when used. Human Nature was 100% Michael, in my opinion.

Do you remembered when the trailers came out? Listen to the Human Nature clip, at the point when he sings 'Why Why' for the second time, you will notice that it sounds different then the dvd version, here are the clips:

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z6WiD3AEagQ#t=27

Dvd Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8eJPEwI-jXY#t=88

You will definitely hear the difference, which means that his vocals were enhanced with melodyne or auto tune. He sang it live but they improved it unfortunately.

Look at my post before this one. It explains why they've improved his voice with human nature. If they did it with beat it i don't know, but you can do a lot with vocals. They could have dubbed beat it with the original but stretched some lyrics to make it look like he sang live. Smooth criminal was only live at the chorus (my guess).

There's no melodyne or auto-tune on Human Nature. There just isn't. His voice isn't vocally enhanced, as said in my original post, that's 100% Michael. In the snippet that you posted which they first aired for Oprah he just sounds out of breath during the second one, which means they probably replaced that part with a different day in which he sounded better for that specific part. I still don't hear any melodyne or auto-tune in those vocals. It's Michael.

There's no melodyne or auto-tune on Human Nature. There just isn't. His voice isn't vocally enhanced, as said in my original post, that's 100% Michael. In the snippet that you posted which they first aired for Oprah he just sounds out of breath during the second one, which means they probably replaced that part with a different day in which he sounded better for that specific part. I still don't hear any melodyne or auto-tune in those vocals. It's Michael.

I don't know if that is true, i know it doesn't sound like auto-tune or melodyne, but it does sound like the original vocal from human nature! It sure that it is different!

Thank you so much for posting this! A nice candid moment indeed, although it certainly is bittersweet to watch. He had so much prepared for 2009 and the following years too...It's hard to believe it's been almost 5 years :(

Back