JP Lipa (Filmed Some Of This Is It)

speechlesslove4michael

Proud Member
Have you all seen this yet?

http://jplipa.com/home#/cinema/

jp lipa is a professional cinematographer for commercials, movies and television. with over 12 years experience, he's photographed innumerable commercials, twelve feature films, and many tv shows for discovery channel, history channel and national geographic. educated and trained in cinematography at nyu's tisch school of the arts, he had the rare opportunity of working with michael jackson a few weeks before the singer passed. jp's footage is featured in the world-wide released movie, 'this is it.'

Last edited:
Just a few seconds, but amazing shots! Thanks for posting!

He writes on his page that the work he contributed to This Is It are the opening interviews (with the dancers) and 'many of the candid MJ moments'.

Edit: Just found an interview with JP Lima. You can listen to it here:
http://player.fm/series/jazz-inspired/episode388-jazz-inspired-jp-lipa
The part about his This Is It experience starts 38.20 minutes into the show.

Last edited:
Really nice to see unseen footage... Sad and amazing.

really hope we get more releases of this is it footage, craving it so much!!

it's saying it is a trailer, there could be more coming... and the way the footage is, it's kinda like an advertisement showing what is coming on there website. maybe this footage will be available to buy. it's extremely emotional though for sure.

Last edited:
it's saying it is a trailer, there could be more coming... and the way the footage is, it's kinda like an advertisement showing what is coming on there website. maybe this footage will be available to buy. it's extremely emotional though for sure.
It's just a promo reel, a way for him to give people/employers a taste of the work he has done and can do - like a cv.

Does not indicate that anything is coming (sadly! I wish we could see more of this too.)

1463486_645345332184973_2097077147_n.jpg

1470311_645346172184889_347923515_n.jpg

994980_645345055518334_1063909740_n.jpg

I love listening to his voice but it's so bittersweet at the same time... :boohoo: I miss Michael so bad!

i really hope there's indeed more to come from TII! *crossed fingers*

Wow, thanks for this. Such little amount of new footage, yet it's so meaningful to a lot of us. The Estate should take notice of this and release more This Is It footage.

Seeing that 10seconds I just want to go hug him and protect him. I know not possible but I just wish I could.

Back