John Mayer

Can't wait to hear the album. He looks gorgeous as always :D. I hope the rest of the songs aren't like 'who says'. Not that I dislike it. I do like it, but it's probably my least fave release ever. More like an album filler than a single

I looooove John!!! I saw him YEARS ago at SXSW in Austin (before he became popular) and fell in love. He is amazing live! I was just telling my husband that I can't wait for his new CD.

I like John Mayer (not a huge fan or anything, but he's certainly decent enough), but Waiting On The World To Change was a total remake of People Get Ready by Curtis Mayfield.

I think it's been acknowledged that he was inspired by it, but the music sounds so similar Curtis probably should have got a songwriting credit, unless he did and I'm mistaken.

He is great! I can't stand that hes known for dating all these actresses but he does have great talent

So I can NOT wait for Battle Studies :heart: soooo excited! His single is excellent :)

And he is also a huge inspiration for me to become a musician as well ! I am a writer already and aspiring composer. I am getting a Luna guitar and lessons for Christmas. I'll never be able to write something as amazing as John, but I can hope and dream LOL :)

Seen John live, he was amazing. Awesome guitarist and such a gorgeous voice when he hits certain tones.

Not sure if any Aussie's saw him on Rove last night? He was so funny!

I just wanted to say I really like the new album ;) it's deff worth a listen! Congrats to John - Battle Studies is one of my fav albums of the year :)

Tomorrow at 10am be sure to watch a new interview with john on fuse and at 10:30am on Loaded showing his music videos. On november 17 also don't forget to watch fuse cus he'll be live from the landmarked Beacon Theatre in New York City. Be the first to see world premiere performances from his brand new album "Battle Studies", released the very same day. John Mayer live from the Beacon Theatre at 9pm/8c, only on Fuse.

Just wanted to say I love the album and can't stop playing 'All we ever do is say goodbye.' The harmonies are gorgeous.

I'm a bad little JM fan. Normally i'd be all over this album like white on rice. But since I have $30 to my name and i'm up to my eyeballs in projects, assignments, and other duties....I can't get my azz to the store and buy it.

But I have listened to the leaks of Battle Studies and am thrilled at its contents! He covered CROSSROADS!!!!! One of my favorite songs from Cream!
Some favorites already are Heartbreak Warfare, Friends Lovers or Nothing, and the single Who Says.

He's a humble dude. That's what I mostly love about him. He loves his fans and takes nothing from his celebrity for granted. He makes fun of himself. And he's smart as hell. He continues to give a good name to popular artists in that...being smart and knowledgeable can count in your favor. I see too many artists who have no educational values and don't use their intelligence to get them ahead....and are just too damn popular for their britches.

Thank you, John for...literally...keeping it real.

EDIT: Those lips look soooooo damn kissable on the cover too, lol!!!

Aaaaaah I just got tickets in a pre-presale :)D) for his show in Amsterdam on June 2nd!
Ticket are going into pre-sale only tomorrow, but I got a password so I could order them already!
Whoohoo! :clapping:

umm what do you guys make of his words on Michael?

According to John Mayer, Michael Jackson was the '80s.
He writes on Time.com -- because there's just not enough room on Twitter -- about the highlights of that decade: "A Rubik's Cube, 3-D glasses and Michael Jackson."
But he has more deep thoughts.

"Michael Jackson proves, in a really sort of perverse way, that maybe we're not as offended by behavior as we are entranced by music. And think about that. Think about what level of quality you must have to attain to have somebody say, "I know that you're accused of having molested children, but I can't hate you for that as much as I love you for your music."

OK, was that an insult or just seriously insensitive?

Mayer sums up: "There's just one Michael Jackson now. We don't have to reconcile the Michael Jackson we love with another Michael Jackson. In a way, he has returned to pristine condition in death. We can be free now for the rest of our lives to love the Michael Jackson we used to love."

Apparently John's got a new album due out sometime in the fall entitled "Born and Raised".

Some songs to expect:
Queen of California

Something Like Olivia

The Age of Worry

Born and Raised

Whiskey, Whiskey, Whiskey

A Face to Call Home (ends with Who Says, but obviously not a new song)

Who's excited?
I'm excited!!! :punk:

I like John Mayer,here in the UK we don't really hear anything about him so I only own 'Where the light is' the live album and I love that. What album would you buy after that? interested to hear that he's going to release a new album,if I had the chance to see him I would definitely go

I like John Mayer,here in the UK we don't really hear anything about him so I only own 'Where the light is' the live album and I love that. What album would you buy after that? interested to hear that he's going to release a new album,if I had the chance to see him I would definitely go

Do you mean what album would I recommend you buy after that live one? I'd say you need to get Continuum! And if you liked his Trio set on the live disc, you should also look into the John Mayer Trio live album TRY!.

Back