John Mayer

strawberrypie999

Proud Member
Does anyone else here love John Mayer as much as I do? He is a lyrical and guitar GENIUS! I absolutely adored his tribute to MJ at his memorial with Human Nature on guitar with no words, it was perfect.

But the way he writes, and puts it to music like it's nothing...and just his voice, ugh I love it.

Not as much as I love MJ, but I love JM a lot too! :D

His song Dreaming With A Broken Heart, ugh...I could listen to it on repeat for hours...

I don't know his music and I don't believe I'd actually seen him perform before the memorial but he was brilliant with his guitar and I thought it was very respectful of him the way he did it.

I should really find some of his music and listen to it. Seems like a very talented and cool guy.

I was live tweeting with john last night while he was watching an episode of E!'s late night show 'Chelsea Lately' cus the host chelsea handler tends to slam him alot or has some seething hatred towards him.

I was live tweeting with john last night while he was watching an episode of E!'s late night show 'Chelsea Lately' cus the host chelsea handler tends to slam him alot or has some seething hatred towards him.

wow that's awesome! i am following him on twitter but idk how to talk to him haha i am not very twitter knowledgable

But thankfully he has a fan in Joel McHale host of E!'s 'The Soup'(who you see in my siggy the guy on the left) and last year joel invited john to come on his show and I think today joel tweeted that john rules!!

Does anyone else here love John Mayer as much as I do? He is a lyrical and guitar GENIUS! I absolutely adored his tribute to MJ at his memorial with Human Nature on guitar with no words, it was perfect.

But the way he writes, and puts it to music like it's nothing...and just his voice, ugh I love it.

Not as much as I love MJ, but I love JM a lot too! :D

His song Dreaming With A Broken Heart, ugh...I could listen to it on repeat for hours...

I absolutely love that song :)

I understand that phases....sometimes his music is depressing and Im like, UGH I need something uplifting! LOL

I understand that phases....sometimes his music is depressing and Im like, UGH I need something uplifting! LOL

LOL!
I love Room For Squares! I didn't buy Continuum but have some songs off it. Would you recommend it above the others?

I love John Mayer. He's brilliant and my fave modern day artist.(After Michael, of course) I love his music, his lyrics, him -- the things he says in interviews. he's actually pretty goddamned funny. It's weird. I never found him hot until I started listening to his music. I don't think hes UN-attractive by any means. but he never was someone who physically stood out for me, yet once I really listened to him I dunno how but the man just went from 'meh' to gorgeous. I don't care how ugly you are! If you can sing like that and have that much passion to your words, paper bag your head and bring it on! :p

Neither of you have given your review of his new single 'Who Says'. It's on page 1 at the very bottom.

Sorry! I did take a listen. It's nice and soothing :) Although not fussed on the getting stoned part personally lol. Looking forward to the album

i didnt see the new single in this thread so i made one for it..oops! LOL

i LOVE it. i dont get stoned or anything but damn john, you make it sound cool (even though its not) LOL

I like the song, it's folksy. The getting stoned part is questionable but nice ditty!

Man....haven't been the the Music forum in awhile. I'd have picked up this thread a long time ago if I was.

John brought me back to loving music in high school again. He made me want to pursue it, sing it, write it, compose it, and now teach it. In some sorts, he's a modern day Dylan...with a much better voice! But that bluesy side...MAAAN, you can't beat that! He's got skills that blow all the artists outta the water these days. Very few popular artists can play an instrument these days and be THAT good at it. Most can only do one or the other.

He's very entertaining to watch. I've seen 3 shows from him. Each one better than the last. Dude's hilarious as well. His opinion has grown into this thing that many people are now respecting. Yes, many call him a douche, but more call him smart and a genius of some sorts. He's the guy you wanna hang out with knowing you'll always have something to talk about.

And that new vid is kick ass. I don't smoke either, but damn...he makes it seem so friggin cool to! Plus, I don't think it's the intention of the song anyways. It's more like a "so what" song. Very down to earth lyrics.

Many MJ fans would love John for the simple fact that he doesn't hide anything. He's innovative. His idols are the guitar greats much like how MJ's idols are the dance greats. He's a musician for all the right reasons. Not for the publicity, not for the fame, but for creating and performing new music that hopefully people will take with them for the rest of their lives.

Oh no you did NOT LOL!
There isn't any comparing to be done between John Mayer and Bob Dylan!!!!!!!!
Nuh uh, I won't have that. :lol:

:lol: did I touch a nerve? I think I did! I apologize, I don't mean to offend. It was merely a compliment if anything. I was mainly speaking on songwriting & musicianship skills. Both have excellent qualities!

Though, guessing by your comment, you've got me beat on Dylan knowledge. My one and only favorite song of his is "Lay Lady Lay". Don't care for too much else, but I can totally recognize and respect talent when it's there. And Dylan's got a shitton of it.

Peace

:lol: did I touch a nerve? I think I did! I apologize, I don't mean to offend. It was merely a compliment if anything. I was mainly speaking on songwriting & musicianship skills. Both have excellent qualities!

Though, guessing by your comment, you've got me beat on Dylan knowledge. My one and only favorite song of his is "Lay Lady Lay". Don't care for too much else, but I can totally recognize and respect talent when it's there. And Dylan's got a shitton of it.

Peace

lol don't worry, my friend, I'm saying it in a lighthearted way..hahaha :) You didn't offend me at all! =]
I like John too, and I see that he is a gifted guitar player. He's just not in Bob's league as a poet/genius songwriter at all to me.
Lay Lady Lay is beautiful - good choice! There is much more to discover if ever the desire takes you =]

Peace
Hey I can't seem to get into tryjm website cus it now says "It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation."

Back