John Lennon Murdered 29 Years Ago

RIP John,

the world loves you and continues to sing your messages of Peace.

Good vibes and memories of happy days to Yoko, Sean and Julian today...

Today is a good day to listen to Beatles or John Lennon cds. You are missed John. :)

I'm currently listening to John. I'll be listening to all of his solo and Beatles songs that I have today. Another good song to listen to is Paul McCartney's "Here Today." He wrote it as a tribute to John. Paul tears up every time he sings it. The song I always tear up on is "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)" which he wrote for Sean. :(
RIP, John, you are greatly missed. Thanks to Yoko, Julian, Sean, Cyn (first wife), sister Julia, Paul, and Ringo for keeping his memory alive!

Me at Strawberry Fields in NYC:
n504939726_317540_7196.jpg

n504939726_317547_5121.jpg

n504939726_317550_7666.jpg

At the Dakota:
n504939726_317553_2140.jpg

n504939726_317534_791.jpg

n504939726_317536_2431.jpg

He was murdered 29 years ago??

But then.......whose this guy pretending to be him? :O :|

No im sorry, jokes are innappropriate.

R.I.P John

original 'Nightline' (ABC News) program that aired the night Lennon was killed:

[youtube]0KF5kRb39jU[/youtube]

this brings up something that has been weighing on my mind. surely, John Lennon is to be remembered.

now..what about Paul McCartney?

he's still here. and a concert was done, here, in los angeles, at the beginning of this year, featuring Paul, and it was treated like just another back yard concert at a fair. he was one of many musicians. all the other musicians were up and coming. and he was treated as just another musician on the bill.

is it because Paul is still alive? will it take another legend dying for him to be treated like a legend?

i was shocked at how i don't believe the world knew that Paul was playing in my own backyard, and it wasn't treated like a world-wide announcement. it was a while after he appeared at a Super Bowl. maybe it was his choice. maybe he is humble. but, it just weirded me out, that he was treated like just another musician. maybe i'm thinking this way, because of Michael's death. and the thoughts are reigniting in me, because of this John Lennon thread..but...i was just floored at how the McCartney concert was treated.

they're playing Beatles stuff on the radio, all the time..but..Paul..it's like he's being treated like just another guy. and i get the feeling that it would take his death for him to not be treated like just another musician, the way it looks, these days.

what is it about death?

this brings up something that has been weighing on my mind. surely, John Lennon is to be remembered.

they're playing Beatles stuff on the radio, all the time..but..Paul..it's like he's being treated like just another guy. and i get the feeling that it would take his death for him to not be treated like just another musician, the way it looks, these days.

what is it about death?

Amen!!! And Ringo, especially...he's hardly made a big deal out of except when he releases something new or does something with Paul.

I don't want them to die anytime soon...:cry:

Basically it's age. Today is about the youth and Paul and other older acts are considered "has beens" or "old school". Even MJ was basically considered a has been by the general public. Sure you can hear Beatles and Wings on oldies radio, but nobody plays Paul's new music & albums. Old acts aren't considered relevant. Look at the Isley Brothers. They've been recording since the 1950s, but to get airplay today Ron Isley had to do this "Mr. Biggs" gimmick that R.Kelly came up with. Charlie Wilson from the Gap Band had to start singing hooks on rap tracks to get heard. Carlos Santana & Herbie Hancock got young popular performers on their records to sell. George Benson recently released a new album, but no one knows about it. It even has a new song written by Bill Withers, who pretty much retired in the mid 1980s.

Wow, 29 years have passed already. That is a day I will never forget. I was 17. They played "Just Like Starting Over", his single from his new album "Double Fantasy" over and over on the radio as well as other Beatles songs. And then watching the news coverage. And then the fans gathering at the Dakota. It was so sad.

I'm currently listening to John. I'll be listening to all of his solo and Beatles songs that I have today. Another good song to listen to is Paul McCartney's "Here Today." He wrote it as a tribute to John. Paul tears up every time he sings it. The song I always tear up on is "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)" which he wrote for Sean. :(
RIP, John, you are greatly missed. Thanks to Yoko, Julian, Sean, Cyn (first wife), sister Julia, Paul, and Ringo for keeping his memory alive!

Me at Strawberry Fields in NYC:
n504939726_317540_7196.jpg

n504939726_317547_5121.jpg

n504939726_317550_7666.jpg

At the Dakota:
n504939726_317553_2140.jpg

n504939726_317534_791.jpg

n504939726_317536_2431.jpg

I've been to the Strawberry Fields tribute in Central Park. It's nice. And to the Dakota apartment buildings as well...to see the area where he was killed is haunting.

Basically it's age. Today is about the youth and Paul and other older acts are considered "has beens" or "old school". Even MJ was basically considered a has been by the general public. Sure you can hear Beatles and Wings on oldies radio, but nobody plays Paul's new music & albums. Old acts aren't considered relevant. Look at the Isley Brothers. They've been recording since the 1950s, but to get airplay today Ron Isley had to do this "Mr. Biggs" gimmick that R.Kelly came up with. Charlie Wilson from the Gap Band had to start singing hooks on rap tracks to get heard. Carlos Santana & Herbie Hancock got young popular performers on their records to sell. George Benson recently released a new album, but no one knows about it. It even has a new song written by Bill Withers, who pretty much retired in the mid 1980s.

well..that's a cloudy subject, since most of the acts, today, can't get on the radio, without sampling classic music. and Amy Winehouse couldn't get on the radio, till she did a song that sounded like it was from the 50's. and 'general public' is a cloudy term, since teenagers, randomly, were chasing Michael Jackson down random streets, up to the most recent of times.

so..if it's down to what's played on radio..it's, at best, an ironic situation.

so, to me, the best way to look at it is, it's a finicky situation. so, if Paul suddenly drops dead, and people suddenly decide to make him relevant, i just think it's an isolated case of, generally not knowing what you have, till it's gone. i don't know that age has much to do with it.

well..that's a cloudy subject, since most of the acts, today, can't get on the radio, without sampling classic music. and Amy Winehouse couldn't get on the radio, till she did a song that sounded like it was from the 50's. and 'general public' is a cloudy term, since teenagers, randomly, were chasing Michael Jackson down random streets, up to the most recent of times.

so..if it's down to what's played on radio..it's, at best, an ironic situation.

so, to me, the best way to look at it is, it's a finicky situation. so, if Paul suddenly drops dead, and people suddenly decide to make him relevant, i just think it's an isolated case of, generally not knowing what you have, till it's gone. i don't know that age has much to do with it.
Getting on the radio has nothing to do with sampling but record company payola. Ageism is a factor in any field, not just music. If you turn on a radio station that plays new music, they don't play Paul McCartney, Prince, Basia, Motley Crue, or George Benson, they play Lil Wayne or Beyonce. I saw a comment on one of Charlie Wilson's new songs on Youtube. It said something like he was pretty good for an old man. A lot of old acts tour Japan because the Japanese don't care about age as much but the quality of the music. Even younger acts who perform old style music don't get any airplay or promotion like Raul Midon, Lalah Hathaway, Eric Benet, or Esperanza Spalding. If age isn't important, what's with all the facelifts, Botox, & heavy airbrushing? Young people usually didn't buy their parents or grandparents music. In the 1950s young people liked Elvis Presley & Fats Domino, not Perry Como or the Andrews Sisters. Even on this site I remember that Troubleman would start threads about Mary Wells, Patti LaBelle, or Curtis Mayfield and they'd get ignored, but threads about Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown, & Justin Timberlake would get hundreds or thousands of views. As far as death, it also helped acts that weren't forgotten about or ignored when they died, like Aaliyah, Jimi Hendrix, or Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Almost 30 years.. I wasn't even born yet when it happened but it's still so sad :( He was a great talent.

what is it about death?

I think it's more got to do with a shock death, usually at a young age. Take Marilyn Monroe, John Lennon, James Dean, Princess Diana, JFK, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, Tupac Shakur. They are some of the people that shocked the world when they died and most likely wont be forgotten.

Of course there are exceptions. People like James Brown probably wont be forgotten but when he died it didn't shock the world because he died at 73 from pneumonia unlike the list of young people who shocked the world with murders, suicides and accidents.

Personally I think Paul McCartney should be treated like a living legend but the media destroys everything it touches and devalues everything. I don't think he will ever have the status and respect that John Lennon has and that's sad because he deserves it just as much.

Wow, 29 years have passed already. That is a day I will never forget. I was 17. They played "Just Like Starting Over", his single from his new album "Double Fantasy" over and over on the radio as well as other Beatles songs. And then watching the news coverage. And then the fans gathering at the Dakota. It was so sad.

"Starting Over"...? :cry: I haven't been born yet, but still John is the one of the most influecial persons in my life. The way he was, the way he related to the world, things he said and did, and most of all his great talent (talents)... His legacy is enormous and still there is something new to be discovered...

I know it's suppose to be a sad thread, but all I want to is to :give_heart: with all my heart John Lennon.
johny3-s.gif

I am also glad I was here during Michael's life... I seriously think there is noone left in this world like that anymore... noone... I love Paul. He is a musical genius. But he doesn't have that social impact that both John and Michael had (each one in his own way). I just can't see a new generation going through Mtv nonsense...

but I hope it's just me being blind...

l.o.v.e.

Getting on the radio has nothing to do with sampling but record company payola. Ageism is a factor in any field, not just music. If you turn on a radio station that plays new music, they don't play Paul McCartney, Prince, Basia, Motley Crue, or George Benson, they play Lil Wayne or Beyonce. I saw a comment on one of Charlie Wilson's new songs on Youtube. It said something like he was pretty good for an old man. A lot of old acts tour Japan because the Japanese don't care about age as much but the quality of the music. Even younger acts who perform old style music don't get any airplay or promotion like Raul Midon, Lalah Hathaway, Eric Benet, or Esperanza Spalding. If age isn't important, what's with all the facelifts, Botox, & heavy airbrushing? Young people usually didn't buy their parents or grandparents music. In the 1950s young people liked Elvis Presley & Fats Domino, not Perry Como or the Andrews Sisters. Even on this site I remember that Troubleman would start threads about Mary Wells, Patti LaBelle, or Curtis Mayfield and they'd get ignored, but threads about Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown, & Justin Timberlake would get hundreds or thousands of views. As far as death, it also helped acts that weren't forgotten about or ignored when they died, like Aaliyah, Jimi Hendrix, or Stevie Ray Vaughn.

see my thread on Susan Boyle. there are no rules in music, unless you want to make them, personally, for yourself. i've heard Madonna on the radio, recently. so, age isn't a factor. sure there are radio stations that will play a flavor of the month, but there are more popular radio stations that will play older acts and flavor of the month. there's too much variety for the assumed rules to apply. in the end, i really don't see where age has anything to do with why someone is forgotten till they die. i've seen enough people out there who have such varied interests in music, that the powers that be are really out of touch. John Lennon being remembered like he is, right now, by people who weren't even born during his life and reign, is what made me wonder about Paul McCartney. in the end..it's really about nothing but the music, and it's social impact. and the impact of the artist. so..i do wonder about Paul. i came across a girl who is twenty one years old, who will listen to nothing but swing and jazz from the thirties. and believe me, she is far from being the only one like that. music is just too expansive to be compartmentalized and put in a box.

Last edited:

he's still here. and a concert was done, here, in los angeles, at the beginning of this year, featuring Paul, and it was treated like just another back yard concert at a fair. he was one of many musicians. all the other musicians were up and coming. and he was treated as just another musician on the bill.

is it because Paul is still alive? will it take another legend dying for him to be treated like a legend?

i was shocked at how i don't believe the world knew that Paul was playing in my own backyard, and it wasn't treated like a world-wide announcement. it was a while after he appeared at a Super Bowl. maybe it was his choice. maybe he is humble. but, it just weirded me out, that he was treated like just another musician. maybe i'm thinking this way, because of Michael's death. and the thoughts are reigniting in me, because of this John Lennon thread..but...i was just floored at how the McCartney concert was treated.

what is it about death?

Paul McCartney is one living legend that I have not taken for granted. I saw him in concert twice at Madison Square Garden, NYC. The first time I paid over $300 for my ticket, which I have never done before (or since). But it was having that memory of John Lennon's death in the back of my mind that made me think that I better go see him live while I have the chance before I regret it because you just never know when something terrible will happen (God forbid). Now I can say that I saw him perform live and in person. It was awesome. And he just keeps going. I love the Beatles stuff but it's the Wing's hits that I really grew up with and have a more emotional connection to.

Every time he plays NYC his shows are huge sellers or sold out. He often plays surprise shows but I never find out about them in time to go. He is huge and loved in NYC and I believe all of America. How incredible it was when he performed several songs live on top of the roof of the Ed Sullivan Theater on the David Letterman show in the heart of Manhattan! I loved his Thanksgiving night TV special "Good Evening New York City" at the old Shea Stadium! But yes, there is something about death that makes you go, Oh God, what have we lost that we will never get back?

And speaking of that...I wish I had thought the same way about Michael while he was here but the thought of him passing away so young just never occurred to me. Now I have regrets...

Last edited:
I know someone whose a huge beatles fan, and i asked her on her thoughts about Paul McCartney. To me, even though she loves the beatles it seems that she takes Paul for granted. Maybe after my conversation with her hopefully changes her views until its too late. I have heard comments from people saying that Paul was the worst of the beatles. I personally dont know much of their songs except for the popular ones, but i felt that there is soo much ignorance on earth for good and talented artists. Some of the beatles fans are so lucky to grow old with Paul and Ringo being still around. Unlike many of us that would deeply miss Michael in the long years ahead of us. Especially the younger fans.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I wasn't alive when John was here but I grew up on his music and so he's always been a huge part of my life. I tear up thinking about how cruelly he passed away but I also smile because I can imagine John having a laugh at us down here from Heaven. He was so funny and witty and I bet he has something to say about all this mush haha!

:heart: Love you John. Love you Yoko. :heart:

Happy Christmas (war is over)

Any resemblance to Michael is not a coincidence
Until his son with Yoko (Sean Lennon), was a friend and fan of Michael
We are in 2009 .... and again "they" shut up one more beautiful person
crowds that moved in favor of "good"

On December 8, 1980, John Lennon, considered the intellectual leader of the Beatles and the most influential pop musician in rock history, was killed by a fan outside the Dakota building in New York, where he lived with Yoko Ono and son Sean.
A quarter of a century, it once again to map aspects of the Lennon legacy public, recognizing his extensive artistic influence and regaining the sense of criticism of his work and his political interventions, marked by an anarchist pacifism, often tempered by a irreverent clown, "anti-hero clown", attributed by some media vulture of the time, speculator privacy and accomplice of their life cycle moral and political conservatism.

Lennon, a marked man by cradle of war was, above all, an advocate of peace. When was the Germans bombed Liverpool that earned him the middle name, Winston, a tribute to Churchill, the "lord of war." When you squeeze his marriage to Yoko Ono - the avant-garde artist who surprised him at a show in London, when, curious, climbed a ladder, and a peephole before a table on the roof, read simply "yes" - unsympathetic the macho values and the war, John, instead of giving his name to Yoko took the opportunity to leave the Lord's side and became known as John Ono Lennon.
When the United States invaded Vietnam, paid a commercial full-page in The New York Times and newspapers in other countries, triggering the campaign "The war stops, if you want." It was a movement that weighed internally against warmongering criminal agents orange Nixon. The first act for peace, as Lennon said in his historic interview with Rolling Stone (in Wenner, 2001, p. 55), was the "Bed Peace" ( "A bed for peace"), the irreverent honeymoon with honey the press in Amsterdam, then in Toronto, where they remained ten days in bed in protest.
In fact, he wondered an obvious inequality of the system, but little-noticed a kind of schizophrenic symptoms of society, where violence runs before our eyes, while people need to hide to make love. Criticized, responded: "I am proud to be the clown of the year in this world where so-called serious people are killing and destroying in wars like Vietnam."
In this lull, they recorded Give peace a chance, as noted by Antonio Bivar (in Bravo!, 2005, p. 45), is a very simple song lyrics "got the chorus-stick, touching the hearts of even the most insensitive." As it could not be suspected of "radical involvement" with Jerry Rubin and others, Lennon faced threats of expulsion from the United States, a situation that can only be reversed in their favor after the Rolling Stone report an illegal conspiracy to deport him from the country.
Aside from the sharp-tongued criticism of taste salty, the bias of mobilizing icon John Lennon's music was political-social. In Working class hero, the good style Bob Dylan, talked about the plight of workers. The woman is the nigger of the world is a song with the sensitivity to bring together in one sentence, synchronously, the repudiation of the subordinate condition of women and blacks.
In Happy Christmas (War Is Over), after the war, as the name says, wished Merry Christmas to black and white, yellow and red, recognizing multiculturalism, something that today's leading intellectuals rescue the heart of social debate. In Power to the people, again criticized the conditions of work and called for the overthrow of the operators in favor of power to the people.
Imagine, his major work and one of the most beautiful music ever made, the question of religion, property, nation, greed, hunger, and to some extent, the exchange value ( "imagine everyone living for the day today "), advocating a common life and brotherhood among men accounted for the formation of many teenagers who had not heard of Marx, a kind of prelude to the Manifesto of the Communist Party.
Levied on the major benefit concerts, seen as a kind of social function of music, Lennon proved to be critical of the welfare charity. But to remember a poem by Brecht (1983), not properly incurred in the case of "Who knows not help, because part of many campaigns to convince himself that it would generate more dependence, never offering a positive solution to poverty, in favor of autonomy and affirmation of people. And when it declared socialist, was not a hypocrite: he took his condition-contradiction rich. For these and other can understand why, in Havana, Fidel Castro considered it worthwhile to officially inaugurate a statue of John Lennon.
Lennon approached a romantic utopian humanist (not exactly utopian socialism, because dealing with values, but not with models), which is based in preference to "humanity, speaking to all men of good will" (Löwy; Sayre , 1993, p. 68). Utopians speak of suffering at work, as Lennon said, but do not see the outcome of history as a result of the classical Marxist framework of class struggle.
Anyway, the fact is that Lennon was a giant in the land of the revolution of customs in the twentieth century, and a leading figure in the fight against the war. It was a scoffer in various ways for lowering the expression and human freedom. "It is a real thing that stood and what he thought, regardless of pleasing or not what he said. It was, after all, one of those restless spirits extraordinary - only from time to time, humanity is capable of producing - whose existence defiant help understand such simple things of everyday life, such as why, in general, seem so colorless and not like the figures of moral conservatism and / or political.
The Lennon's famous phrase "the dream is over" was not just bend the bells of the late Beatles fans to melancholy. If the dream continued as a reference you, the phrase was, perhaps, a court must in some respects, it also means that, for him, the size of the dream went beyond the limits of Beatlemania, which led to criticize. Thus, on the other, the phrase to denote also the perception that the system had reacted and that the world was no longer the same: "There was a whole big change and go towards an unknown future. But we are still here. While there is life there is hope "(in Carvalho, 1986, p. 111). Shortly before his death, the question about what he thought was the dream of the 1980s, he replied, without models, "Make your own dream. [...]. I can not wake up. You can wake up "(Ibid, p. 81). For him the dream was that the extension is for everyone and that sometimes in history, manifests itself collectively, as it was in May 1968 or in political revolutions.
Imagine: "You may say I'ma dreamer / but I'm not the only one / I hope someday you'll join us / and the world is one thing.

lennonking.jpg

The book "Lennon Murder Expose" Steve Lightfoot suggests his theory with strong evidence of governance codes present in the headlines of Time magazine. The "Introduction" section of its website says: "Contrary to what has been said about Mark David Chapman, who allegedly shot John Lennon on 8/12/1980, there are several evidences in the magazines Time, Newsweek, and U.S. News and World Report that suggest something different. That is, that John Lennon was not only politically assassinated, but that Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and Stephen King are the three people who can be proven to be guilty of the crime. Where King was the real killer and an actor like Chapman fooled everyone. "

"The evidence is, specifically, governance codes in the headlines of Time, Newsweek and U.S. News and World Report have been printed before, during and after the night of the crime. Clues contained in the headlines that are not anywhere else and relate to the case over 70% of the time. Codes such as: "Remembering John Lennon ... Johnny was walking home ... Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang, Ai, Ai ... The Job Richard Nixon Really what I wanted ... Damn the Opposition ... America Needs A Poet Famous ... Maybe ... alert to Subtle Signs ... Magazine Confusion ... All the Presidents Magazines ... 'Others include the face of the murderer and his true identity. Codes subtle, but dramatic. "

http://www.portaldascuriosidades.com...?topic=65830.0

I love John Lennon. He is still a legend.

I was 13 when he was killed, and yet I am still a fan of him and The Beatles music all these years later.

I recently bought the CD called Lennon Legend. It's very good.

My favorite John Lennon tunes are Imagine, Instant Karma, Jealous Guy, Power To The People, (Just Like) Starting Over, Woman, Watching The Wheels, and Nobody Told Me.

Back