John Branca & Howard Weitzman to Appear on ‘Piers Morgan Monday, October 3rd

Sure am. Amanda knox was the first half hr. Looks like Amanda bumped Deepak Chropra. Branca and Weisman discussed MJ'S Assets. Branca said sony/atv is worth 2 billion and Michael owns half of it, plus his own Mijac publishing. Piers said the rumors about MJ'S financial ruin appears to be false. They celebrated MJ, throwing bouquets every which way. At the end an interview with Katherine, Prince and Paris about the Montreal show. Very nice indeed.

They got comments from his mother and Prince and Paris about the show.

Great interview, I recommend you all check it out when/if you can
2rdvyc7.gif

I thought it was funny how Branca said that the catalogue is reported to be worth 2 billion and he casually says " and Michael owns half of that" Michael only gets a billion lol. I am glad he explained how Michael got the catalogue. They asked Yoko and Paul Mccartney first. Michael was up front about his bidding.

I hope someone will put the interview on youtube since I don't have the TV.

Whoops. Missed it. Will check it on the repeat in 2hours.

Thanks for the the notice.

I like to see it, if someone found it on you tube , please post.

I thought it was funny how Branca said that the catalogue is reported to be worth 2 billion and he casually says " and Michael owns half of that" Michael only gets a billion lol. I am glad he explained how Michael got the catalogue. They asked Yoko and Paul Mccartney first. Michael was up front about his bidding.

Wasnt it rumored that mj like said to pual he was bidding for it but paul thought it was a joke?

Wasnt it rumored that mj like said to pual he was bidding for it but paul thought it was a joke?

ha I think it's not a rumor. Paul actually said that in multiple interviews and he was not happy because MJ didn't give more share to him. However, I think Yoko and sons of John Lennon don't have any problems with it.

This is one of the interview that Paul talked about the ATV catalogs.
Paul himself admitted that his friendship with MJ fall apart because of the catalogs.

Branca said he called Yoko and asked her and she said no she wasn't bidding and was happy if Michael got it instead of a corporation. Then Branca called Paul's lawyer and was told that Paul wasn't bidding either. So Paul had to have known it wasn't a joke. To be honest, I think paul is the one that wants to make it look like Michael blindsided him but Michael wanted them to know he was interested in bidding.

^yeah pretty sure i remember paul himself saying michael asked him and he brushed it off as a joke. great interview so far. clears up a lot of things. anyone got part 2?

ha I think it's not a rumor. Paul actually said that in multiple interviews and he was not happy because MJ didn't give more share to him. However, I think Yoko and sons of John Lennon don't have any problems with it.

This is one of the interview that Paul talked about the ATV catalogs.
Paul himself admitted that his friendship with MJ fall apart because of the catalogs.

Branca said he called Yoko and asked her and she said no she wasn't bidding and was happy if Michael got it instead of a corporation. Then Branca called Paul's lawyer and was told that Paul wasn't bidding either. So Paul had to have known it wasn't a joke. To be honest, I think paul is the one that wants to make it look like Michael blindsided him but Michael wanted them to know he was interested in bidding.

Gee anit funny how paul has been whinging & carrying on saying how mj "stole" the catalouge from him but yet according to john branca & howard weitzman paul knew!

Aww poor paul now his "theory" is out the window lol

This is what I don't like Paul about this issue. It's obvious that he didn't want to spend so much money to buy the catalog. But he kept resenting on lots of interview throughout the years and make people think MJ was the one who betrayed their friendship going behind their back to buy the catalogs. However, I think MJ was right, it's business. If you wanted the catalogs, BID ON IT!!! Why did you expect MJ to give you a raise when you didn't pay a dime? Just because you were friends? If MJ didn't get the catalogs, did he expect the new owner to give him more money? I really don't like him kept whining on the interview for so many years. Yoko and Sean never had any problems with it. Just get over it. It's BUSINESS. I didn't see MJ kept whining on interviews about Motown taking advantage of them.

Last edited:
This is what I don't like Paul about this issue. It's obvious that he didn't want to spend so much money to buy the catalog. But he kept resenting on lots of interview throughout the years and make people think MJ was the one who betrayed their friendship going behind their back to buy the catalogs. However, I think MJ was right, it's business. If you wanted the catalogs, BID ON IT!!! Why did you expect MJ to give you a raise when you didn't pay a dime? Just because you were friends? If MJ didn't get the catalogs, did he expect the new owner to give him more money? I really don't like him kept whining on the interview for so many years. Yoko and Sean never had any problems with it. Just get over it. It's BUSINESS.

That's what I don't like either. If he really wanted it he should have bidded on it. It bugs me that people easily believe him that Michael "stole" it from him.

So true. Paul made a major business mistake.. something I'm suprised he's do with his years of experience in the music business... from what I understand, he thought that the Beatles music had become outdated, or he simply didn't want to look back in the past. From what i've read, he wanted to move forward with his music and simply wasn't interested in bidding. Then, years later he's kicking himself for not bidding for it, yet tries to cover his embarrasement by blaiming someone.. Michael. Wish this man would grow-up.

Yes thank God Michael's memory is in good hands. I know that those beautiful childern will be watched over now in more ways than one.

Yea Paul complains way to much. That's why I don't like him. He didn't want to bid because he thought the bid was too high and thought since he wrote the songs he shouldn't have to pay. But, he himself own others music and I never seen him given their ish back!

Last edited:
Great interview. You can tell h doesn't want to say too much, but I think he's said enough.

The best thing for me is the children enjoyed the show...Prince saying the show kept getting better and better... Priceless.

I hope MJ knows that his kids finally saw him perform in a concert-like show. And they seem pretty impressed.

Personally, I will recommend this show to non fans more than fans, simply because I want "others" to witness the legacy & the artistry of MJ.

I wish to give big THANK YOU to the administrators of the Michael Jackson Estate.

I'm glad Branca's honest about the catalogue, that Yoko Ono wanted Michael to bid the catalogue instead of the other music company.

I just got off reading the transcript, and I liked the interview. I think it was important in terms of clearing certain rumors and myths perpetuated by the rags and his family regarding the Estate, and also Michael's financial status at the time of his death. I believe Branca and Weitzman have the Estate, and its beneficiaries' best interests at heart. They did a great job here!

Back