Jermaine's MJ Tribute concert No More?

I wish i could win the lotto.... I know EXACTLY what to do to tribute Michael in a way that would make him proud.

Jermaine should think of what MICHAEL would do or want. and in that i have found that what Michael would have no doubt wanted was to make everyone else happy. I think Jermain needs to go and re-build neverland and put it the way Michael had it and re-open it up for the Make a wish foundation and let the kids over run it again. If i had the money that is EXACTLY what i would use it for. not to mention paying off a few of the bills i and my family have.

I don't think it has anything to do with who organizes it, especially at this point.

I think for many fans and the industry, "This Is It" serves as the ultimate tribute to MJ.
TII gave us what we most wanted and something others just singing MJ's songs, no matter how talented they are, can give us. That is, Michael Joseph Jackson. Entertaining us, allowing us to see him in his final days, being creative, being happy....

With the DVD coming out soon and additional footage, I am far more excited about that than anything else.
:agree:I agree with you!!!!

The tribute is obviously something that has divided a lot of people. It could be a wonderful thing, with artists coming to pay respect MJ and show just how much he influenced them and fans coming together to celebrate our hero. To share memories, to hear funny stories about Michael, and to laugh. But the best artists in the world can go there and we can laugh about funny Michael stories all day but there is one glaring thing missing. Michael. Nothing will ever be the same without him. We all should have been going to London to see Michael mesmerise us, instead we have a tribute. That is a lot for a lot of fans to bear and I am undecided about whether I want to go or not. I agree with Gerry in that This Is It served as the ultimate tribute to Michael. Whilst yes it was painful seeing it I also got comfort from seeing Michael so happy, smiling and having fun in his last days on earth. He passed doing what he loved doing the most. Entertaining his fans. Nothing or no one will replace Michael Joseph Jackson. He was simply one of a kind.

I think the best tribute to MJ now is to try to make a better world the best way we can.

The tribute is obviously something that has divided a lot of people. It could be a wonderful thing, with artists coming to pay respect MJ and show just how much he influenced them and fans coming together to celebrate our hero.

I'd like to see this happen with top credible artists. It should be something top quality, so I hope he's planning it well.

The official tribute should be organised through a well known and well established concert promoter and producer, such as kenny and AEG

No offence to Jermaine but this needs to be a worldwide production not some lil naff tribute! I personally don't think Jermaine or either of the brothers are the ones to take the lead

aaggg... there's been so much talking about Jermain later that last night I had a nightmare with him. That was bad. Too BAD!! I just wanted to see Michael and there was only Jermain...

I didn't like it....
Pyong-.gif

I'll tell you one thing. IF Jermaine is planning some huge tribute, then he better be lining up the artist now, right now.

I mean, aren't most of the A-list artist already booked months in advance?

Personally, I just don't see it happening. NOT with Jermaine in the driver's seat. Like someone else already said, this is a job for a promoter who knows his way around the music/artist game. A credible promoter who A-list artist have no problem working with.

No offense to Jermaine, but when he starts talking about his "foundation" it might turn some of the A-lister's off. Aside from dang near everybody already knowing what happened with the Vienna tribute.

Back