Jermaine's MJ Tribute concert No More?

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Hey I was wondering whatever happend to Jermaine's MJ Tribute concert? It was shown on the A&E show last night (taped in August) Did it get cancelled??

it got cancelled and is supposed to be rescheduled in the upcoming year. Supposedly in a different country. I think in London.

cancelled. he says it will happen in London in june instead. hes over or was in london on the 10th. whether he was here for that i dunno cause theres been no news on him doing anything while over here.

last I heard was that the show is cancelled till next June. Suppose to be held in Wembley stadium in London. I know it was going to be in Vienna a few months ago.

went down the toilet like "dynamite" . supposed to happen in june 2010, lets see if this even happens.

The 'prize' for the winner of BBC 3's 'Move Like Michael' is to perform at it - so he may announce more details on this show (possibly the finale)... you never know...
.....for some reason I can't see it happening!

I'll believe it when I see it happening. Jermaine is full of doo doo and just wants people to look at him for a minute.

Sadly, I just don't see Jermaine being able to pull this off by himself. And IF he does, it will be with C-D listed talent.

I just don't believe that MAJOR players in the game are gonna want to deal with Jermaine and his "foundation."

If Michael ever gets a Tribute Concert, it will have to be organized by somebody else. Somebody with a bit more credibility then Jermaine Jackson, in my opinion.

(Although, like in Vienna, I'm sure that ONE of the Pointer Sisters is available. LOL!)

With Jermaine I would not take him seriously. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

I have nothing against the man, just tired of him going on about a J5 reunion for many many years while Michael was alive.

Sadly, I just don't see Jermaine being able to pull this off by himself. And IF he does, it will be with C-D listed talent.

I just don't believe that MAJOR players in the game are gonna want to deal with Jermaine and his "foundation."

If Michael ever gets a Tribute Concert, it will have to be organized by somebody else. Somebody with a bit more credibility then Jermaine Jackson, in my opinion.

(Although, like in Vienna, I'm sure that ONE of the Pointer Sisters is available. LOL!)

I totally agree with you. The man lives in another world. I think a major artist like Chris Tucker, Spike Lee or Usher would do a great job or P.Diddy as they have the connections to pull it off.

Well that move like Michael Jackson show starts tonight so I guess they'll announce something on there?

Last edited:
wasnt jerm a judge on that show or was having something to do with it? guess thats why he was in london

I don't see any tribute being successful WITHOUT the Michael Jackson Estate being involved.

People are a lost smarter then we give them credit for. Many starts did not want to participate because they know Jermaine was lookign to line his own pockets. We all know, if Jermaine does the tribute the movie will benefit the Jermaine Jackson fondation. Jermaine should not be profiting from MJ....MJ's kids, mother & his charities should benefit from such tribute.

John Branca & John McClain have a lot of industry clout. I don't see many artists participating without them heading the tribute.

thanks is the all pre recorded in one go. whats the format of the show like an xfactor type show?

BBC3 8:30pm Mon 14 Dec
BBC3 9:30pm Mon 14 Dec
BBC3 11:45pm Mon 14 Dec
BBC3 12:45am Tue 15 Dec
BBC3 9:00pm Tue 15 Dec
BBC3 11:45pm Tue 15 Dec
BBC3 10:00pm Wed 16 Dec
BBC3 1:00am Tue 22 Dec

I don't think it has anything to do with who organizes it, especially at this point.

I think for many fans and the industry, "This Is It" serves as the ultimate tribute to MJ.
TII gave us what we most wanted and something others just singing MJ's songs, no matter how talented they are, can give us. That is, Michael Joseph Jackson. Entertaining us, allowing us to see him in his final days, being creative, being happy.

That satisfaction just cannot be equalled at least for me with others singing his songs. I'm a person who was going to see TII for a max of two times. Saw it 4. Was going back to see it again, but it ended its run.

With the DVD coming out soon and additional footage, I am far more excited about that than anything else.

This is not to take anything away from Jermaine's efforts, but he keeps saying he wants the tribute for the fans because the memorial wasn't sufficient in meeting fan's need. Nothing will be sufficient, but the King himself. Unfortunately, that is no longer possible. The memorial and TII has given us a small measure of solace.

While I can see fans having a great time at such a concert, just in all of them being together, but I don't see it having the impact or generating the kind of interest Jermaine thinks it will.

True. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I believed that is what happened. Jermaine was very dishonest about the performers who he said were lined up to perform. And that foundation is completely bogus. It had nothing to do with any of MJs charities. That money was going to Jermaine and his wife. Vienna, Austria was Jermaine's choice of locations. It had nothing to do with Michael as he said. I believe that most people see Jermaine for who he is and they don't really like it. If he wants to perform, then he should do it for himself. I think he should stop using Michael's name and claiming he was his backbone. They were not close later in life as they were as kids.

On the Tributes website, it said tickets will be on sale before December 1st, but still no news. The site just says coming soon. I really wanted to go to this!!!

so soon we can expect our presale codes?lool

That was gooooddd!!!! hahahahaha!!!
559-emoticon-4685.gif

Anyway, the "Vienna Issue" was sad. It was sad for the fans of MJ who believed this would happen and it was sad for MJ.

I don't think it has anything to do with who organizes it, especially at this point.

I think for many fans and the industry, "This Is It" serves as the ultimate tribute to MJ.
TII gave us what we most wanted and something others just singing MJ's songs, no matter how talented they are, can give us. That is, Michael Joseph Jackson. Entertaining us, allowing us to see him in his final days, being creative, being happy.

That satisfaction just cannot be equalled at least for me with others singing his songs.

bravo-2.gif

No idea when the tickets will be in sale but I will be going to this when they are announced. Its definitely in London but the stadium hasn't been confirmed yet-everyone has just assumed Wembley.

I for one hope that no tribute with Jermaine managing it sees the light of day. Back in September he tried to cram it through and look what happened!

A fitting tribute needs proper planning and people who know what they are doing!

Jermaine does'nt! and Michael deserves much better than that!

Back