Jeffrey Daniel, the only one who can be compared to Michael Jackson!!

James Brown, Jackie Wilson anyone?

and some might say Charlie Chaplain. in fact, Michael said that. and yes..many kids have done stuff, as MIchael said. it's a God given gift to many. what the fans who are putting MJ head and shoulders above the rest, are saying is, the magic something that MJ did with it, is what sets him apart.

Wut? But Mr. Daniels did not invent any of those dances you are speaking of. The backslide was being done in NYC way before him or MJ. Popping and other things I see this guy doing was also done back in the day in those places. My Mom has old videos of my uncles and his friends doing all that stuff Mr. Daniels was doing, when they were young.

MJ took the choreography and perfected it, to this day no one does it the way he did. And he always gave credit where due.

Not arguing just saying.......

No Jeffrey didn't invent none of those dances, but the style in which Michael is doing in his videos you can see in that youtube video Jeffrey Danials doing it long before Michael's videos. I'm not saying everything that Jeffrey did, Michael is doing, but what I am really saying is that, Michael took credit for a lot of the dances such as the Moonwalk... The Moonwalk is the signature dance of Michael Jackson out of all of his dance moves and Jeffrey Danials did that dance before Michael.

James Brown, Jackie Wilson anyone?

I think people see Michael paying tribute to Brown and Wilson when he does their dance moves. I don't see that has Michael stealing or copying them. But Jeffrey Danials and others were never acknowledged for doing the Moonwalk first. That's the truth. And it's because Michael was a mega star not Jeffrey. Madonna got all the credit for the Vogue. That dance was done way before she did it.

I think people see Michael paying tribute to Brown and Wilson when he does their dance moves. I don't see that has Michael stealing or copying them. But Jeffrey Danials and others were never acknowledged for doing the Moonwalk first. That's the truth. And it's because Michael was a mega star not Jeffrey. Madonna got all the credit for the Vogue. That dance was done way before she did it.

I never said Michael stole anything from them, he rather learned from them and made his own unique style by watching James Brown and Jackie Wilson. I just think those two really should be mentioned when we're talking about this. Without these two, perhaps Michael wouldn't have become the dancer he became, atleast not to the same extent.

in truth there are archive videos of Michael doing robotic moves and sliding and spinning across the floor when he had an afro, and was working with his brothers in the shake your body down to the ground/dancing machine era

Michael may be better at dancing, but make no mistake about it, Jeffrey Daniels did the Moonwalk way before Michael Jackson did. That is one truth that never gets corrected when it comes to Michael Jackson and the Moonwalk...

Yes and there were also people that did the backslide (moonwalk) way
before Jeffrey Daniels) so he doesnt get the credit for inventing it.

all he did was show Michael the basic steps to do it and
MJ took it from there _ and did it better .. no one OWNED
that step untill MJ came along - No one gave much notice
when Jeffrey or others did that move _ but when MJ did it _The
WORLD took notice and was amazed _ becuase it was so magical
the way he presented it in his dance - so graceful, magical and beautiful.
Even fred Astair took notice - and bowed to MJs abilities as a great dancer.

not just a pop locker or hip hop _ Michael created his OWN from all of it.
He even incorporated mime moves, ballet Jass, Tap when creatinghg his moves
And his facial expressions and every movement of his arms hands and fingers danced
with him _Every stop shot in hi svideos is a perfect pose. When you slow down his videos
to see how much is involved in just one dance step its amazing .. he makes it look so
easy and effortless _ but It is just becuase he took many many days, hours and yrs to
perfect his Art of dancing.

No one looked as good or did its as elequently as MJ _
Its not who danced the step first _ Its who turns it into MAGIC
and thats what Michael did :)

Last edited:
He really does B-boying? Out of all the videos i have seen of him, I've only seen him do poppin' and lockin' styles.
Can you show me a link of him doing windmills, flares or headspins?
popping and locking are part of bboying

OK to some of you Michael Jackson fans... I love Michael very much and he was by far a great entertainer, but at times some Michael Jackson fans don't give credit to people who deserve the credit when it comes to the talents of Michael. Some fans should open up their eyes and realized that Michael stole a lot from other people, but he was able to make it is own style. TAKE A LOOK AND KEEP IN MIND MOTOWN 25 AIRED IN 1983.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImkBve8OW8
When you're a dancer, you don't really steal moves, you get influenced by people and their moves may become part of your identity as a dancer

Unless you're completely ripping off someone's style, moves, and identity, you're not stealing

here we go again with comparisons..

I'm not going to go too far into it, but no one can compare to Michael for one reason.. DIVERSITY!!

I always say, you may find people that are as good or even better than Michael in the different dances that he has done pop, glyde, tap, lock, jazz etc.. However he is the ONLY one that can pull of the basics in a believable form of vertually all dances.. You take a great popper and try to get him/her to tap dance.. You take a tap dancer and see if they can lock, or do jazz etc.... NOT JUST THAT! the way he incorperates all these dance styles into 1, into his own.. He uses his natural movement and brings in so many dance styles into him and executes it as ONE/HIS OWN dance style..

That is a revolutionary right there.. he was,is, and always will be the BEST dancer!

No it isn't, it's a funk style. Look it up man.
It's part of funk style, but it's also part of bboying

Look it up? I'm a popper and a locker and I live in the place where popping and robotic originated: the San Francisco Bay Area

The Electric Boogaloos came up with that "funk style" moniker a couple of years ago even though popping, locking, and boogaloo were and still part of the bboy community

That's why poppers and lockers call them bboys. It's all part of the bboy community.

I know the history:punk:

OK to some of you Michael Jackson fans... I love Michael very much and he was by far a great entertainer, but at times some Michael Jackson fans don't give credit to people who deserve the credit when it comes to the talents of Michael. Some fans should open up their eyes and realized that Michael stole a lot from other people, but he was able to make it is own style. TAKE A LOOK AND KEEP IN MIND MOTOWN 25 AIRED IN 1983.
Stole? Have you even heard what JD said? I think all of us do understand the sitiuation here, but you're talking like you are the only one, and you exaggerated a lot, as if MJ only did that couple of JD's moves in his whole career.

Edit: after reading what gbee & KOPV said I can't compare them anymore, MJ is better by far, but still JD is a great dancer

Last edited:
It's part of funk style, but it's also part of bboying

Look it up? I'm a popper and a locker and I live in the place where popping and robotic originated: the San Francisco Bay Area

The Electric Boogaloos came up with that "funk style" moniker a couple of years ago even though popping, locking, and boogaloo were and still part of the bboy community

That's why poppers and lockers call them bboys. It's all part of the bboy community.

I know the history:punk:

Well you gotta research more. Popping and Locking is a part of Hip Hop dancing, not B-boy(Break) dancing.

This is from wikipedia:
"The term "breakdancing" is also problematic because it has become a diluted umbrella term that incorrectly includes popping, locking, and electric boogaloo. Popping, locking, and electric boogaloo are not styles of "breakdance". They are funk styles that were developed separate from breaking in California"

Well you gotta research more. Popping and Locking is a part of Hip Hop dancing, not B-boy(Break) dancing.

This is from wikipedia:
"The term "breakdancing" is also problematic because it has become a diluted umbrella term that incorrectly includes popping, locking, and electric boogaloo. Popping, locking, and electric boogaloo are not styles of "breakdance". They are funk styles that were developed separate from breaking in California"
Dude, that's Wikipedia :lol: Popping and locking is part of hip hop dancing, but it's part of the bboy community. That's common knowledge

Breaking
Popping
Locking
Strutting/Robotics

Popping and locking have been associated with the bboy community for years. You're looking at Wikipedia. Check out Bboy.org and West Coast Popping forum

Alot of people are also opposed to the "funk style" moniker

Dude, that's Wikipedia :lol: Popping and locking is part of hip hop dancing, but it's part of the bboy community. That's common knowledge

Breaking
Popping
Locking
Strutting/Robotics

Popping and locking have been associated with the bboy community for years. You're looking at Wikipedia. Check out Bboy.org and West Coast Popping forum

Alot of people are also opposed to the "funk style" moniker

What are you talking about???
i'm not talking about "b-boy community". I'm talking about dancing styles.

b-boying, popping and locking are dancing styles. Dancers should know this. And you cannot call a person a b-boy if they can only pop n' lock.

Last edited:
What are you talking about???
i'm not talking about "b-boy community". I'm talking about dancing styles.

b-boying, popping and locking are dancing styles. Dancers should know this. And you cannot call a person a b-boy if they can only pop n' lock.
okay....

1. There's no such thing as "pop n' lock". There's popping and locking. 2 different styles
2. Yes you can call someone a bboy if they pop and lock, as alot of poppers and lockers proclaim themselves bboys
3. If you go to a bboy function, It's organized like this:

The battle area (where crews and individuals do their thing)
The cypher area (where people pop, lock, and break, not in any organized group, just everyone together doing their thing)

and yes they are dancing styles, but what I'm saying is they are in the same field. Check out BBoy.org. They have a detailed history on breaking, popping, locking, and other styles

2. Yes you can call someone a bboy if they pop and lock, as alot of poppers and lockers proclaim themselves bboys

Ok so MJ can pop and lock, therefore he is a b-boy?
And Usher, Chris brown, Britney spears, Beyonce and other stars can be called b-boys/b-girl too. I've seen them do popping and locking styles.

Here we go again, i'm not talking about b-boy functions. b-boying is a style where you do toprock, downrock, freeze moves etc.

If he did create the move, then credits go to him for that no one can be MJ and MJ can't be JD. :) But we all know who the KING is. :D

Ok so MJ can pop and lock, therefore he is a b-boy?
And Usher, Chris brown, Britney spears, Beyonce and other stars can be called b-boys/b-girl too. I've seen them do popping and locking styles.

Here we go again, i'm not talking about b-boy functions. b-boying is a style where you do toprock, downrock, freeze moves etc.

Popping, locking, and bboying are their own styles but they're all part of the same community

They're part of the same "family" if you say. They're associated with each other and have been for some time

BUT it is starting to change and they're beginning to seperate. There's events for just breaking/bboying and some for just popping

but you ARE right about labeling. I had to get that clarified because some poppers do proclaim themselves as bboys/bgirls

basically, the styles are "distant cousins" :lol:

Last edited:
Back