Jeffrey Daniel, the only one who can be compared to Michael Jackson!!

Mr.Ammar

Proud Member
Jeffrey Daniel is one hell of a dancer, the only dancer and choreographer that can be compared with MJ (dancing-wise) he does really good moves and MJ himself took some of 'em! he also co-choreographed Smooth Criminal and BAD and appeared on them, above that all he taught MJ the Moonwalk!!(although he just enhanced Bill Bailey's move back in the 50s) it was a shock to me knowing that! but he is, I don't know why MJ said that it was the kids maybe they had a deal or something, Jeffrey is really a good man, he admires MJ and respect him, I may put him in the same league as MJ(in dancing only of course) read what he said after MJ passed

01.jpg

Dear friends,

How can I even write this message through my tears of mourning and tears of Joy?

Tears for the Joy Michael Joseph Jackson gave us over the years and the Joy of listening to his Angelic voice and the Joy of his unparalleled performances!

The world has truly lost a Special Soul and there will never be another Soul in this world like Michael Jackson.

As we get over the shock and sorrow, let's emerge with the knowing that he has ascended to a higher plain and is welcomed by our Heavenly Father who can say to Michael “Job Well Done My Son".

I am truly honoured to have been a part of his career and have him as my Dance Brother.

I can't thank him enough for allowing me to be in his productions as I’m sure are the many musicians, dancers, directors, singers and anyone who were blessed enough to have worked with or known him as the sweet and kind human he was.

Please listen to his songs and reflect on his influence on your life and this world. He played a huge part in trying to heal us all with his art and love. Let's pray for the strength of his parents and family members as they mourn the loss of their dear Michael who they raised and shared with the world.

This is one of the darkest days in my life and I’m trying to be strong in God's mercy. God Bless the soul of our Beloved Michael Joseph Jackson. Please pray for him and his family and especially his children.

Love, Jeffrey Daniel

check this video where he talked about the Moonwalk and MJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuPnSceu7Ug

I know MJ is better than him but JD also is a very good dancer and you should know and acknowledge him.​

Last edited:
Nice topic :) good to see someone giving cred to jeffrey! an incredible choreographer and dancer for sure!

Michael saw the kids in the street doing it then he called Jeffrey to teach it to him.

Jeffrey is very good. His group Shalamar actually did the backslide in their shows about a year before Michael did it. That's why he called Jeffrey.

I don't know of there are any Shalamar videos on youtbe but they were a great group.

Jeffery is good but Michael Boogaloo Shrimp Chambers is just as good if not better

Jeffrey Daniel is an employee who worked for Michael just like Travis Payen and others, nonetheless Jeffrey is brilliant but let us not forget that he can be ONLY compared in dancing and chorography. For someone to come close in comparison to Michael it will take a lot more than that.

There is something that we should realize which was highlighted by Kenny Ortega in his recent interviews, he said “Michael is the Architect and we are the Builders”. Which means he will gather the best of the best in the business, such as creative collaborators, dancers, engineers, employees, artists, etc… to put-up a great show, concert, video, song, artwork, etc…

^
of course, lol that's why I've repeated 'in dancing only' twice JD specialize only in dancing and choreographing, MJ is A LOT more than that, although he is better than JD in his specialization but we have to acknowledge JD and his good work that he gave to our MJ

^
of course, lol that's why I've repeated 'in dancing only' twice JD specialize only in dancing and choreographing, MJ is A LOT more than that, although he is better than JD in his specialization but we have to acknowledge JD and his good work that he gave to our MJ

Oh lol… I’ve skimmed too fast to read your article but the title kinda stuck in my head :D

Jeffrey Daniel is one hell of a dancer, the only dancer and choreographer that can be compared with MJ (dancing-wise) he does really good moves and MJ himself took some of 'em! he also co-choreographed Smooth Criminal and BAD and appeared on them, above that all he taught MJ the Moonwalk!!(although he just enhanced Bill Bailey's move back in the 50s) it was a shock to me knowing that! but he is, I don't know why MJ said that it was the kids maybe they had a deal or something, Jeffrey is really a good man, he admires MJ and respect him, I may put him in the same league as MJ(in dancing only of course) read what he said after MJ passed

check this video where he talked about the Moonwalk and MJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuPnSceu7Ug

I know MJ is better than him but JD also is a very good dancer and you should know and acknowledge him.​

i think only MJ knows who truly influenced him. i don't think a deal has anything to do with it. we all have subjective views on 'who influenced who'.

Remember guys "Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion".
Jeffrey is good at specializing in hip hop style that's it, but Michael is in a whole new level.

I loved Shalamar's NIGHT TO REMEMBER. Jeffery is in that video. Not doing much dancing though from what I remember. I love early 80's R & B.

i think only MJ knows who truly influenced him. i don't think a deal has anything to do with it. we all have subjective views on 'who influenced who'.

what do you mean? it's a FACT that MJ took from JD I think 3 moves besides what was choreographed in Smooth Criminal and BAD by him, there's no point of hiding it, JD is not better than MJ but definitely in the same dancing league, he himself doesn't say that he is better though he was asked about it. He said that he was always watching Jackson 5 and he never thought that MJ was also watching him

what do you mean? it's a FACT that MJ took from JD I think 3 moves besides what was choreographed in Smooth Criminal and BAD by him, there's no point of hiding it, JD is not better than MJ but definitely in the same dancing league, he himself doesn't say that he is better though he was asked about it. He said that he was always watching Jackson 5 and he never thought that MJ was also watching him

In the same league... i don't think so...Does Jeffrey know how to tap, ballroom or even swing dance?
And secondly Jeffrey co-choreographed a very small portion of smooth criminal, Michael and Vincent Paterson were the main choreographers. I don't know about BAD, but it doesn't look like much.

no.. you can't decide what MJ was thinking, or who influenced him...just as I can't decide who influences you.

if MJ says it was the kids who influence him...it was the kids.

Remember guys "Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion".
Jeffrey is good at specializing in hip hop style that's it, but Michael is in a whole new level.

Very true… It is the amount of passion and intensity and how you can transform the body language into music and make people feel it. Michael is the best with no doubt.

In the same league... i don't think so...Does Jeffrey know how to tap, ballroom or even swing dance?
And secondly Jeffrey co-choreographed a very small portion of smooth criminal, Michael and Vincent Paterson were the main choreographers. I don't know about BAD, but it doesn't look like much.
Jeffery is actually quite accomplished dancer, speciallizing in popping, locking, jazz, house, and hip hop styles. He's bboying/breakdancing legend

He's also a songwriter and composer, writing for Shalamar and others

My only problem with Jeffery is that he contributes to the contrived story of how and most importantly, WHERE popping and locking originated (NOT Los Angeles)

He's bboying/breakdancing legend
He really does B-boying? Out of all the videos i have seen of him, I've only seen him do poppin' and lockin' styles.
Can you show me a link of him doing windmills, flares or headspins?

OK to some of you Michael Jackson fans... I love Michael very much and he was by far a great entertainer, but at times some Michael Jackson fans don't give credit to people who deserve the credit when it comes to the talents of Michael. Some fans should open up their eyes and realized that Michael stole a lot from other people, but he was able to make it is own style. TAKE A LOOK AND KEEP IN MIND MOTOWN 25 AIRED IN 1983.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImkBve8OW8

Last edited:
Some fans should open up their eyes and realized that Michael stole a lot from other people, but he was able to make it is own style.

Why a fan would use such a harsh way to describe Michael! This is not a reasonable way to talk about him… We went through the same thing in the recent JT’s thread… Michael never denied his inspirations, and he PAID people to work for him.

Looks like the best way to deal with ignorance is ignoring… I’m out of this thread.

Michael Jackson as the artist and Entertainer and performer had always the stately and imposting charisma and aura, and that characterized Michael as the Michael Jackson thw whole planet knows.

If Jeffrey was so cool, and he used "his" moves and dance style, he would not succeed as the solo artist, because he doesnt have the iconic aura....

He is a really good dancer, he danced more than Michael, but Michael created a new level of performances with his style...

Jeffrey Daniel is one hell of a dancer, the only dancer and choreographer that can be compared with MJ (dancing-wise) he does really good moves and MJ himself took some of 'em! he also co-choreographed Smooth Criminal and BAD and appeared on them, above that all he taught MJ the Moonwalk!!(although he just enhanced Bill Bailey's move back in the 50s) it was a shock to me knowing that! but he is, I don't know why MJ said that it was the kids maybe they had a deal or something, Jeffrey is really a good man, he admires MJ and respect him, I may put him in the same league as MJ(in dancing only of course) read what he said after MJ passed​

I just want to thank Mr. Ammar for sharing JD's letter with us all.

A really beautiful read, which says a lot about the type of man he (JD) is.:yes:

Please people don't get upset or argue about who's better. We are all on this forum because we love Michael, for his incredible talent and the wonderful person he is. And of course, Michael learned and was inspired by different people, cultures, art and lord knows what else. Michael was an innovator, a creator and a highly exceptional artist and he worked with the best.

He worked numerous times with JD, hence we know he is worthy of credit.

Love to all

Why a fan would use such a harsh way to describe Michael! This is not a reasonable way to talk about him… We went through the same thing in the recent JT’s thread… Michael never denied his inspirations, and he PAID people to work for him.

Looks like the best way to deal with ignorance is ignoring… I’m out of this thread.
Never mind the word "STOLE", what did you think of the 1982 video of Jeffrey Danials "MOONWALKING" before the 1983 broadcast of the Motown 25 special? If that isn't steeling than what is? OK!! if it would make you feel better, than Michael "COPIED" Jeffrey Danials style of dancing and took all the credit for it. Stop thinking that when people say something about Michael it's negative. That YouTube video is proof and it shows Jeffrey Danials style of dancing long before Bad, Smooth Criminal and Dangerous, songs that Michael danced to using this style.

Never mind the word "STOLE", what did you think of the 1982 video of Jeffrey Danials "MOONWALKING" before the 1983 broadcast of the Motown 25 special? If that isn't steeling than what is? OK!! if it would make you feel better, than Michael "COPIED" Jeffrey Danials style of dancing and took all the credit for it. Stop thinking that when people say something about Michael it's negative. That YouTube video is proof and it shows Jeffrey Danials style of dancing long before Bad, Smooth Criminal and Dangerous, songs that Michael danced to using this style.

Wut? But Mr. Daniels did not invent any of those dances you are speaking of. The backslide was being done in NYC way before him or MJ. Popping and other things I see this guy doing was also done back in the day in those places. My Mom has old videos of my uncles and his friends doing all that stuff Mr. Daniels was doing, when they were young.

MJ took the choreography and perfected it, to this day no one does it the way he did. And he always gave credit where due.

Not arguing just saying.......

Back