'Jealous' of peope who still can enjoy their hero?

Bee

Proud Member
Yesterday I had to work at the U2 concert at the ArenA in Amsterdam (I work at the same venue where MJ did his concerts in 1996 & 1997..to bad I was just a little kid at that time:smilerolleyes:).
From my place I was in the middle of the crowd and could watch the whole show, lovely!

But when U2 started, this crazy feeling came up...I saw all these people screaming, loving, singing...and I just felt sooo sad that they are still able to do these kind of things and don't have worries or anything.:(
I almost wanted to say to them: 'enjoy it to the fullest, before you know your hero is gone...'

Although, U2 did a great tribute! They played a song I think called 'Angel' or something, and Bono said they actually wrote it for Billie Holiday, but he had think of MJ these past weeks. He ended the song singing 'keep on, with the force don't stop, don't stop till you get enough', luckily the crowd loved it!:yes:
And ofcourse they gave attention for charities, very good.

Last edited:
Yep i know what you mean. One of my friends has just got tickets to see her favourite band, seeing how happy she is reminds me of when i got my this is it tickets. But she was really happy for me then so i'm just trying to be the same for her. *sighs*

I experienced something similar but with magazines instead. I bought some Robert Pattison books to send to my best friend abroad. She was sooo happy jumping up and down, she went crazy. And I was thinking, here I am buying tribute MJ magazines, I would be so happy too seeing all these new photos, stories etc if only he hadn't died...
But kudos to my friend for also being sad with me and very supportive.

I cried so much when I heared on the news that some band made a "UNFORGETTABLE" concert in I don't remember where.It was 13 of july and I was thinking how this should be said about Michael.Then I started crying...

The song is called "Angel of Harlem". It seems they've been doing the MJ tribute bit since the first concert of the tour.

A friend of mine is a big MAdonna fan..He called me after the Memorial and said "What you guys are going through must be very difficult...one day we will have to follow...I dont know how you guys are coping but we are going to be next"......and then the news on the stage building mishap in France.....I am still scheduled to see Madonna in August..I hope that show is going to go ahead...

I am quite jealous, but more sad and resentful than jealous i guess.
Yeah jealous might not be the good word...that's why I putted it in the brackets.:yes:

It's more...I don't know...impotent feeling or something.

I was sad yesterday when I went on the AEG site and saw all the performers that are still doing shows and our guy won't be doing his. I even read the news blog of his passing that AEG wrote.:sad2:

Last edited:
It's hard. I have never been to a concert before and always imagined Michael would be my first. I didn't have tickets to TII but always thought I'd manage to get a ticket and see my hero perform. It's really hard. I don't think I'll ever attend a concert because I doubt anyone is as good as Michael.

Man, this was going to be the concert of al concerts ever and I was going to be there.
I only wanted to see Michael and the Beastie Boys live.
I've finally seen the beasties a couple of years ago for the first time but now MCA is diagnosed with cancer, hope he recovers well.
I can't loose another of my heroes right now.

I might view this differently but Im not jealous of anybody.. Michael was OUR special hero, no one can take him away from us. What other fans connect to their own heroes, such as U2 or some other star.. Dosnt bother me at all, because it was Michael who was special to us. And no one can ever take that away from me.

I feel totally jealous too. I even felt jealous when I was on a Shakira forum and they were talking about new pics...

I might view this differently but Im not jealous of anybody.. Michael was OUR special hero, no one can take him away from us. What other fans connect to their own heroes, such as U2 or some other star.. Dosnt bother me at all, because it was Michael who was special to us. And no one can ever take that away from me.

I agree. I don't have Jealousy because Michael was one of a kind and there's no one else on this planet that can compare to him. They are the ones that should be jealous because no matter what they do they will never reach or accomplish what Michael has! NEVER!

I know what you mean. I'm not jealous of them, but i do feel very sad when i think of MJ's death. I wish we all could enjoy our hero. That he was still alive :(

i would feel the same...and i think i will never be able in my life to go to any concerts of any artists:(

I agree. I don't have Jealousy because Michael was one of a kind and there's no one else on this planet that can compare to him. They are the ones that should be jealous because no matter what they do they will never reach or accomplish what Michael has! NEVER!

I agree with this. Seeing other people happy about their heroes or whatever doesn't even make me think of Michael. That's probably weird. He was so much more to me, if that makes sense. *sigh*

I agree with this. Seeing other people happy about their heroes or whatever doesn't even make me think of Michael. That's probably weird. He was so much more to me, if that makes sense. *sigh*

totally agree. i have friends that are fans of other artists. and going to a concerts of theirs is a great day out for them. they get really excited and stuff but...

for me and many MJ fans .. going to an MJ concet is a life changing event. it means more than almost anything to see him.

noone else had fans like michael and theres a reason for that. Mjwas THE BEST, so he had the most devoted fans :clapping:

heres the thing michael can still be enjoyed his muic and tons of footage is still here to be enjoyed granted the fact that hes not here anymore sucks so bad there arent words for it but the last thing hed want is for everyone to become bitter resentful trolls

I feel the same way.

I am jealous of the people that can still enjoy their heroes and also of the Michael jackson fans that have already passed the grieving process and are celebrating already.
Not jealous in a bad way but it pains me, i am still in deep grieve.

At the same time i cant wait to see my own other musichero Mika again, when i do i already know i am gonna cry like crazy as he is the only one that is still alive now :'(.
(my other heroes being Michael and Bob Marley).

I know what you mean. I wouldn't say I was jealous as such, because it's not as though I admire anyone else as much as Michael. x

I feel totally jealous! I just can't stand the fact that there are people out there that still have their idols, heroes... and OUR beloved Michael is gone!

Yesterday I had to work at the U2 concert at the ArenA in Amsterdam (I work at the same venue where MJ did his concerts in 1996 & 1997..to bad I was just a little kid at that time:smilerolleyes:).
From my place I was in the middle of the crowd and could watch the whole show, lovely!

But when U2 started, this crazy feeling came up...I saw all these people screaming, loving, singing...and I just felt sooo jealous and sad that they are still able to do these kind of things and don't have worries or anything.:(
I almost wanted to say to them: 'enjoy it to the fullest, before you know your hero is gone...'

Although, U2 did a great tribute! They played a song I think called 'Angel' or something, and Bono said they actually wrote it for Billie Holiday, but he had think of MJ these past weeks. He ended the song singing 'keep on, with the force don't stop, don't stop till you get enough', luckily the crowd loved it!:yes:
And ofcourse they gave attention for charities, very good.

Yeah! I know what you're feeling! I felt the same when I went to see Bruce Springsteen one week after Michael's death! I'm not really that much a fan of Bruce, but he too is a legend and I wanted to see him! I probably wouldn't have gone anyway, if I wouldn't have gone with some friends, but the first hour of the show was pretty tough.... especially considering that the show was at Munich's Olympiastadion where I've seen Michael 6 times! It's really heartbreaking to think that we will never see an MJ show again!

I'm so guilty of this, my partner was seeing his fav band on 9th July and I couldnt even be happy for him cause it was literally just days before I was due to see Michael.

Ha, yeah i recognise your feelings. My mate was at the u2 concert in the arena yesterday, and we would be going to see Michael togeter (he's a huge U2 fan, i'm a huge fan of Michael) And just all these days since Michael's passing he had something to look forward to (the u2 concerts) while fans of Michael just feel this emptyness. It's kinda weird...

I don't know whether I'm actually jealous or just angry. As far as I'm concerned Michael was the greatest performer out there, so no matter how excited, how crazy fans of other artists may be when they get to see their idol, they'll never feel the level of satisfaction or magic that we felt to see Michael. Everyone else is out of Michael's league, it's as simple as that, therefore I don't believe I'm jealous of their fans. What I'm most mad about (amongst everything else) is that we're now left with mediocrity to utter rubbish all over the show (as far as all-round showmanship goes at least). Nobody else has that spark, that unique package of talents on stage. When I saw Madonna's tribute on the news the other day, the first thought that hit me was "Crap... All we have left by way of great big superstar performers is... HER?!" It's just really depressing. Such a horrible waste.

Back