Jackson's `This Is It' tops $200 million worldwide

And some people here thought i would only brake 100 million in two weeks. Guess AEG and Sony were not completely full of crap about their boost. :lol:

`This Is It' tops $200 million worldwide
People, no, the world, misses Michael. They wanna see him....all the time.
I wont be surprised if this figure doubles by Thanksgiving.
I'm happy the film is doing so well as to benefit his children.

Jackson's "This Is It" Passes $200 million Worldwide:clapping:

The $200 million plus gross is almost three times more than 2008's "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour" -- a movie some box office watchers had used as a benchmark for "This Is It."

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE5AB4S020091112

I hope that deads the wank about HMMC doing better than TII. MJ fans must always be resolute and not defeatist.

2pqsthv.jpg

Jackson's "This Is It" Passes $200 million Worldwide:clapping:

The $200 million plus gross is almost three times more than 2008's "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour" -- a movie some box office watchers had used as a benchmark for "This Is It."

If the announcement to extend it thru the Thanksgiving weekend had not been made so early on, it just may have made it to Sony's $250 mil prediction within the 2 weeks. After the extension, I'm sure some people decided to wait 'til then.

To make it to $200 mil within the 2weeks in spite of that is really great.

SIZZLIN' :D

"He's Sizzling." - Truer words have never been spoken. The world loves Michael and it's showing.

I have seen it five times will be seeing it again either tomorrow or Saturday. Mark my words...Michael will have the Biggest grossing concert film of all time by Monday. Mark. My. Words.

Wont TII also be the biggest documentary of all time? Or am I dreaming? Would it fit in that category?

I have bought five tickets total. I may go again.

Dang, that's commitment! Go on, though!:punk:

there were tue trusts Horiszontal I and Horizontal II created in December 2007 where all money generated by MJ's share in Sony/ATV was directly send to one of them and mj could not touch the money , the money was used to pay the debt . mj refinanced his loans back then for 350 millions and according to the plan he put with sony and the creditors he would have been able to pay the debt completely in 2011 . I do believe Branca will go by this plan , because there is enough cash to do other things, the estate does not need the profits from sony/atv now . and as for taxes , as exeprt on cnn said mj certainly had a life insurance proceeds to pay for taxes .

someone on cnn said when the Branca came out with his will, they can confirm that there were at least TWO life insurance in mj's names and maybe more , but CNN was aware of at least two insurance policies .
they said they did not know who were the beneficiaries and whether the beneficiaries are able to collect the money without the executors approval .

Thanks for the info. Imma just go 'head and *click*, save that for future reference. Hope ya don't mind, my friend.

I am very happy for Michael's children. :) The estate will now keep 90% of all movie earnings!

I don't think so. The estate got 90% of the $60 million that Sony paid for the film. The earnings are divided between the theatres, AEG, Sony and the estate. As far as I know the formula has never been divulged.

yep, I saw it last night for the 4th time, will be seeing it again this weekend. and over and over again till it's gone. go Mike!!!!

I am going on saturday I do not have anyone to go with so SAD.

no no!! enjoy it alone. it's a movie that can be enjoyed to the fullest by fans even when they're alone, and ESPECIALLY when they're alone. when I went with others, I loved it but I missed certain things. I went alone last night, and guess what? I was able to discover some things I'd missed before... miniscule things that were nevertheless significant that added to the richness of the tapestry Kenny tried to weave.

go with other people, but don't be shy to go alone. a LOT of people in the theater last night were alone. I even made some MJ-fan friends who were alone, and when they saw I was alone they started to talk to me. :)

Last edited:
I've bought 7 tickets total and seen it 5 times and i will see it again.

Way to go Michael! :clapping:

So happy to see this. I am so glad it tripled the Miley Cyrus gross figures. HA!

I hope to see it for my (only) second time this weekend. I've been urging family, friends and co-workers not to wait for the DVD because this is a film that must be experienced on the big screen. Some of them have changed their minds and are planning to see it at the movies. So I think it will continue to do great numbers.

There are a lot of movies out right now that I wanna see, but I don't wanna give TII any competition. =( I'll just wait til it's gone. =P ...and go see Michael in the meantime.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1626207/story.jhtml
Nov 13 2009 9:22 AM EST

'Michael Jackson's: This Is It' Passes $200 Million Worldwide
Documentary is slated to be in theaters through early December.

The worldwide thirst for all things Michael Jackson continues unabated. So far, the "This Is It" documentary chronicling the late pop star's final rehearsals for a comeback tour that never was has raked in more than $200 million across the globe.

Reuters reports that the film has crossed the $200 million threshold after just two weeks in theaters, with overseas grosses vastly outstripping U.S. totals. Sony Pictures Entertainment said the movie had brought in $61 million in North America so far and more than $140 million internationally, with Japan among those leading the way at $27.2 million, followed by the U.K. — where Jackson was preparing to launch the "This Is It" 50-show run at London's O2 Arena — at $14.3 million.

The totals make "This Is It" the 22nd biggest-grossing movie worldwide of 2009. Jackson, an artist consumed with record-setting during his lifetime, would surely be pleased with the fact that $200 million is almost three times more than the grosses of the former record-holder for the highest-grossing concert movie, 2008's "Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour," which grossed more than $65 million during its limited run.

"This Is It" opened on October 28 and was initially slated to run for two weeks, but has been extended through early December.

Check out everything we've got on "Michael Jackson's This Is It."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/?id=1625030

Imagine if these were album sale numbers? I was very anti towards This is It before I even saw it, I was still grieving and it was too hard but after seeing it I am even more proud and happy that I saw it. These numbers are outstanding. Im so happy for every single one who saw it and I know it was lifechanging for some people.

I know what you mean, but you can solve this dilemma by just buying a ticket for TII and then going in to see the movie you want. That's what I do lol.

i've read posts like this before about buying a ticket and then paying for another movie you really want to see. i can't help but think..wow how do you guys have the extra cash to keep doing that? tickets are 8-10 bucks a pop,where i live. :lol: at myself. i mean please help make michael tops.. the enconomy is still bad here in my city and state..i'm not sure where everyone is,perhaps your blessed with great jobs :) i've been 5 times and bought 7 tickets,but i just wouldn't be able to drop money like that in these enconomy challeged times..

Back