Jackson's Recordings Subject of Creditor's Claim

i know i'm not wrong on this. you're not connecting the dots, because you're saying MJ essentially doesn't own anything of significance that this studio apparently has, but if they try to make money off of it, it's MJ's lawyers that go into action, instead of Sony's lawyers. and if this supposed bill were to get paid, the SR's immediately revert to the estate. you didn't say that they immediately revert back to Sony.

i know there's an attempt to make me feel like i'm crazy here, but i've gone to the copyright office, and have seen others who are musicians go to that same office and copyright both SR's and PA's. but i'm out on this. i'm confident enough not to keep this up.

JACKSON'S RECORDINGS SUBJECT OF CREDITOR'S CLAIM
Company bosses are using the lawsuit to claim co-ownership of the songs, along with the Jackson estate.
Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jacksons-recordings-subject-of-creditors-claim_1120981

:doh: Yeah right
Michael would even name them beneficiary in his will.
All they're entitled to is studio's rent. Period!
Unless there is a contract with co-partnership with Michael Jackson,till then get the freaking hell off Michael back!

The master recording can be claimed as ownership of the studio if the singer is not signed to anyone and did not pay.
yes but theie general argument is they co own them cause mj recorded the songs at their studio. which is as stupid as u can get. bills arent paid the studio goes to court and says we will have the songs instead .but thats not what they are claiming.. yet

I think everyone has agreed it's stupid if they try to claim ownership of the songs... no way that will happen. But they do in fact own the tapes, it seems. If it's their equipment, their materials and their work that went into them, then I guess they sit dormant. I would assume this is an all or nothing deal: they get paid and then turn over the tapes. I don't think there is a middle ground, and I know they won't get any type of distribution rights or anything like that unless there was some deal that hasn't been known about. My guess is they'll either have these tapes on hand and can't do anything with them, or they'll go to court and a judge will demand that the estate pays the studio, then the studio will turn over the tapes and at that point the studio has no further claim to anything.

i know i'm not wrong on this. you're not connecting the dots, because you're saying MJ essentially doesn't own anything of significance that this studio apparently has, but if they try to make money off of it, it's MJ's lawyers that go into action, instead of Sony's lawyers. and if this supposed bill were to get paid, the SR's immediately revert to the estate. you didn't say that they immediately revert back to Sony.

i know there's an attempt to make me feel like i'm crazy here, but i've gone to the copyright office, and have seen others who are musicians go to that same office and copyright both SR's and PA's. but i'm out on this. i'm confident enough not to keep this up.

There is no attempt to make you feel like anything - that's only on yourself.

Form SR is for the finished, ready to be released product. Had MJ been ready to package the songs he did in this studio for release to the public - and not do anything else to them, then yes, he could've done a form SR.

But I can bet you he did not. Why? Because it sounds like these were demos - and not the finished, ready to go to market product.

In the event that a record label wants to sign an artist who's been selling their own material (mostly independent musicians/artists that sell via MySpace Music or something like that), they buy back the copyright for form SR and then the label modifies the copyright to reflect that they are the owner.

In other instances, especially in major labels like in MJs instance and MJ financed & produced everything himself, the label holds the sound recording copyright for a limited amount of time, then the artist does a buy-back of the master recordings and reverts back to artist at the end of the agreed time. MJ supposedly gets his masters in 2011.

Whoever is the entity that is manufacturing, marketing, selling, distributing the musical product itself (cd/album) is the owner of the FORM SR COPYRIGHT.

And my argument is that these recordings were not ready for mass consumption yet - therefore, no Form SR, just Form PA.

either way, they have some of Michael's latest recordings (2009) so i am hoping to listen to them.And i would love to hear the other stuff that was in his hard drive, wondering what he was up to
and listening to his late 00s sound,oh man

Back