Jackson with new single before first concert

Toddola

Proud Member
Michael Jackson releasing new album

Washington (ANI): Michael Jackson is releasing new music before making his return to the stage. Last week, the Thriller star had announced plans to return to stage with a series of live shows at London's O2 Arena in July.

Now, it has emerged that the singer is heading into the studio to record music, reports Contactmusic. Randy Phillips, head of concert promoters AEG Live, confirms, "There will be a new Michael Jackson single before the first date. Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans."
-----------
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/international/2009/michael-new-album-110309.html

Randy Philips mentioned this around the time the O2 concerts were announced. So it means that we could see a new single by the end of next month. I think we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Yes! I was thinking he would use the tour as a platform for releasing new music:)

This will be GREAT!!!:punk:

It is a little old, but still... It is very interesting.!

Nothing special at all about this...this is 0% new. I'm getting rather tired of all these so called sources claiming that BS. I bet we won't see any new music before the shows.

There will be new music!!!!!watch this month video in june!!!!!!!!!
Saty tune

If Randy Phillips said that Michael will be showcasing a new song for the tour, then I believe him. Why wouldn't he? This is the perfect time for him to drop his new music. And didn't Randy say that he even heard the new music?

Remember when Michael did Madison Square Garden? He sang old stuff with his brothers, old stuff from his solo years, but then he showcased You Rock My World. He coincided his new album, Invincible, with the concert. And I think he is going to do the same thing this time.

Michael knows that his fans want new music from him. And he is gonna give it.

Yea I don't think it's in Randy's (and especially Michael's) best interest for him to lie about the FACT that a new single will be put out before the first show. I do have my doubts however. But Randy did state this, so.. let just see.

The new single SHOULD actually be put out sooner rather than later i.e. in the next 4-5 weeks or so. After all, the concerts are only 8 weeks away now. People need to hear it in advance of the first show so they can relate to it when it's performed onstage.

I think Randy will have some explaining to do if no new material comes out prior to the shows commencing.

Well, I still think that there was more to Michael putting so much emphasize on the words THIS IS IT.

Gonna laugh my head off if this ends up being the name of the new single OR the name of the album.

Randy may have believed it was true when he said it, but that doesn't mean it will happen.
The song would need to be released in the next few weeks and so far we don't have any other source of information to lead us to believe this is true. Surely we would have heard leaks about this by now. Also, I suspect that if a single is released in the next few weeks there won't be a music video to accompany it, and that will be a big mistake IMO.

mjs doing rehearsals i really doubt theres gonna be anytime to put out a real single ie with a video etc.

mjs doing rehearsals i really doubt theres gonna be anytime to put out a real single ie with a video etc.

Yeah, although IJCSLY had no video, and the video for Scream wasnt released until a few weeks after the video had charted, he could have already done the video, we never know

Nothing has happened yet, ... which would indicate that Michael is going to release a new album!

(why this old news?)

I believe a new song will infact be preformed at the O2 concerts andthe album will drop in the autumn.
However I could be very wrong, what with being told a single would drop before the concerts by Randy Phillips....Only time will tell

The single dropping around the launch of the conerts would have the best possible promotion, so it would make sense. The video could be a live performance like Another Part of Me or Will You Be There, heres hopin..

Well what your saying there zeus 7 seems pretty smart move to me also!
I think there's a good chance that this will be the case:)

I believe a single while be released (with a video) before or within the first 20 concerts, then when he has that time off at the end of the year we will see the album drop and maybe another single or two.

Why would Randy Phillips lie about that? It's not like he's some random source, he actually has contact with Michael, and probably gets info straight out of Michael himself.

I hate to throw shit into your pudding, but I don't think there wil be an album or single. We would've heard about it by now, so close to the 02 shows. I heard somewhere else that it was confirmed that there will not be a new album. So which is the truth?

Back