Jackson estate licenses virtual `Planet Michael'

This is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion, do people really think its going to be a nice place to visit when its a free to play game, anyone in the world can go on it. Its going to be a 'trollers' paradise.
Yeah i was just thinking about that, the rude comments i've seen about this are ridiculous...the jokes are endless. Like someone mentioned i hope there are some sort of rules because these people shouldn't expect everyone who joins to have class. I've already seen comments of people who said they are going to join to start trouble, pathetic i know but what more do you expect from low lives who spend most of their lives reading tabloids, playing games and becoming someone they wish they could be on the internet.

Yeah i was just thinking about that, the rude comments i've seen about this are ridiculous...the jokes are endless. Like someone mentioned i hope there are some sort of rules because these people shouldn't expect everyone who joins to have class. I've already seen comments of people who said they are going to join to start trouble, pathetic i know but what more do you expect from low lives who spend most of their lives reading tabloids, playing games and becoming someone they wish they could be on the internet.

That's one part of humanity I will never understand. Why spend so much time and effort on something you don't like?

:D The Estate Execs are really handlin' biznez...
continuing on with the plans Michael had; doin' things he would have wanted.

This is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion, do people really think its going to be a nice place to visit when its a free to play game, anyone in the world can go on it. Its going to be a 'trollers' paradise.

I disagree, it sounds likey they're really trying with this thing. And the woman even said they're all MJ fans.

Q, MJNEWSALERTS: Will the game experience be a developing one? Meaning will the content be updated regularly or will we all be left to our own devices?

A, Pamela Pearlman: Planet Michael will be a true virtual world/MMOG, meaning we will be updating Planet Michael regularly.
http://www.mjnewsalerts.com/news/in...ull&id=1285110212&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

I think they'll be monitoring it big time! Especially if it takes off like they're planning. :cheeky:

I used to love online games. This sounds spectacular! A virtual Michael world! Couldn't get much better :) I can't wait to go on it and hopefully meet alot of you guys there! Spread the L.O.V.E :) x

Signed up! My bf has World of Warcraft...and now I have my game! :D

I don't like these types of games that are simply clothed with MJ themes. I want another Moonwalker :(

Hello MJ Family,:wub:

I found this Article and didn't see it anywhere ? I posted it here, if this is not the proper place I know the MOD's will know where to add this Article..:wub::agree:

I wanted to know what you guys all think about this? Do you think it's a "money grab" or do you think it's real?
What about in regards to the Estate involvement in this venture??
:scratch:

:scratch::timer:Only time may tell, for sure..:timer::scratch:

The Article:

planet-michael1_1721509c.jpg

Jackson Fans Invited to ‘Planet Michael'.. Ryan Nakashima Los Angeles— The Associated Press
Last updated Monday, Sep. 27, 2010 9:35AM EDT

The man who made the moonwalk famous will soon be getting a planet of his own.

The Michael Jackson estate has entered a licensing deal with a Los Angeles company that will create an online virtual world based on the King of Pop called “Planet Michael.”

The planet will live inside the Entropia Universe, a so-called “massively multiplayer online” game that has about 100,000 active users and is run by the Swedish company Mind Ark.

The estate will work with game publisher SEE Virtual Worlds to develop the game for release in late 2011. In it, fans will be able to collect and trade virtual Jackson merchandise, and earn credits by performing challenges related to his music and dance moves.

SEE Virtual Worlds has also set up a Planet Michael Facebook fan page and a Twitter account.

As in other virtual worlds, players can replenish their game accounts using real money.

Martin Biallas, CEO Of SEE Virtual Worlds, said game play will focus on Jackson's dance moves and adhere to his credo of nonviolence, a departure from other online multiplayer games such as “World of Warcraft.” The game will also allow for charitable contributions.

“With Michael Jackson, we're aiming at different game play,” he said in an interview.

John Branca, Jackson's longtime lawyer and co-executor of his estate, said in a statement, “No artist unified the world like Michael Jackson, so it is fitting that in Planet Michael his fans will be able to join together in such a unique way online.”

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Jackson's estate has grown immensely since his sudden death on June 25, 2009 at age 50. Ventures including a multiyear record deal with Sony Music based on unreleased recordings and a movie based on concert rehearsal footage have brought the estate more than $250-million in the year since his death.

T.J. Keitt, a virtual world analyst with Forrester Research, said a deal between a major artist and a virtual world is “not too far out of the fold.” Last year, hip-hop artist Jay-Z licensed his Rocawear clothing line to the WeeWorld virtual game targeted at teenagers.

The Planet Michael FaceBook Page Link:

http://www.facebook.com/PlanetMichaelGame?v=app_4949752878#!/PlanetMichaelGame

The Planet Michael Twitter Page Link:

http://twitter.com/Planet_Michael

The Source:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ans-invited-to-planet-michael/article1716068/

Always,
MJ TinkerBell:wub::agree:..

Re: "Jackson Fans Invited to "Planet Michael" Ryan Nakashima -LA/AP

Sounds like a money-grab to me, but then again, I'm biased. I can't stand the whole WoW type of online games. They're obviously a scam--you're paying to waste your life on something that's not even real. You can do that for free.

So, sorry, but not for me. Still, it will be interesting to note what others think of this, and what the thing itself will turn out to be once it is further developed.

Re: "Jackson Fans Invited to "Planet Michael" Ryan Nakashima -LA/AP

this is actually posted somewhere lol thanx tho =]

I guess this is the virtual Michael

60074_147644871940996_144426348929515_226235_47691_n.jpg

I think this will be pretty great because there's possibility to include mini games there like Moonwalker type? These kind of 24/7 things keeps Michael's legacy going...

I want it! I want it! I want it!
I hope my MSI laptop can is good to play that game.
So does it mean that the game is totally free?

Back